• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any one else here obsessed with physics?

I was at a family event a few weeks ago, my nephew' s and niece's attended. seeing the analogs of my brother's and sister in the next generation was eerie mannerisms and education, nature works via fractals. the same but slight differences. my older brother wa gifted in math and computer programming. his nephew just graduated, just before my brother passing away they started collaborating on some math issues. my brother was a clumsy, his nephew is however a gifted athlete.my sister is a geologist and economist her niece is a economist both with master degrees they look like the same person dead ringers for each other in different stages in thier lives my niece in a few more years will become a world renown economist in the area of sustainable energy she is already building her reputation .collecting awards and alcolades.

IF a photon was conscious of it's existence, travelled the length of the universe and then got absorbed at the end of its journey it would not be aware any time had passed even billions of years as it travels at the speed of light.

getting some interesting thoughts, while walking with my wife the Universe started as one dimensional point point. the number line is two dimensional. Prime numbers basically anchor pin this two dimensional down unto one dimension. Further dimensions (three) are generated when you go complex. the other half of the number line.

An interesting thought has been swirling in my mind in the last couple of days, what is Inertia, not really covered by relativity. the only real definition is Newton's. which is a bit odd. if the universe can expand faster than the speed of light and gravity travels at the speed of light. Newton's explanation seems to be lacking, at least not in accordance with relativity. When you combine this with the speed of light cannot really be measured, Einstein convention, tells me there is a lot about physics we do not really understand. Bell's theorem I suspect some how ties in with all this.

Last edited:
1+2+3+4... =-1/12 this bothered me for a few years, I finally saw a Utube video the explained the underlying truth, not fallacy in this, It has to do with excepting math axiom's we were taught in grade school. which you have to except cannot be proven or disproven. Physics got stuck in the past because some of the brightest
people. could not see past what was right in front of them. example zero how can nothing be something. Actually it was their religious convictions that got in the way. Barrier's created in their own minds or like Einstein was told when he did not believe in quantum mechanics. Quit telling God what to do. We may again reached such a barrier.
I wish I had a better understanding of complex analysis and Toplogy high school math only takes you so far. Their is stuff can see but not calculate. even describing in words is difficult

Last edited:
If the multiverse exists, I've come the the conclusion if could not be identical replicates going into infinity, but rather fractal, with each universe being slightly different.

Carlo Rovelli, in one of his books mentioned that black holes due to time distortions they may actually explode but the time it takes would be immensely long, would some stellar mass holes exploding explain gamma ray bursts? 14.7 billion years is a long time. They will be hard to spot before they happen they are black holes. Would also solve the information paradox with black holes.

Last edited:
Just found out a paper was released earlier this week, describing how information could be the source of dark energy. Strongly suspect this person is on the right track this paper extrapolated that if all information ceases to be generated the universe will stop expanding and the contract under gravity. the math behind loop quantum gravity, string theory, and information theory needs the be merged to get the correct picture.

Last edited:
Watching Utube videos on Planck length, max temperature, smallest time interval, good stuff how speed of light
and this length put constraints on these.

Watching Utube videos on Planck length, max temperature, smallest time interval, good stuff how speed of light
and this length put constraints on these.
It had never occurred to me there'd be such a thing as a Plank temperature but when you view Plank length as the shortest wavelength of energy possible, it makes sense. You can't have a photon more energetic than that without physics going all wonky. Some day we'll get a theory of quantum gravity and all this will make sense.

I sorta limit myself to applied physics, understanding nuclear reactions and energetics, electron orbitals and bonding. Understanding the energetics of Xe let me observe the creation of Xe-I molecules using the energy provided by the decay of Xe-123 to I-123 in an excess of stable Xe using real time gamma spectroscopy and emission spectra during I-127 (p,5n) -> Xe-123 production with 70 Mev protons.

Last edited:
It had never occurred to me there'd be such a thing as a Plank temperature but when you view Plank length as the shortest wavelength of energy possible, it makes sense. You can't have a photon more energetic than that without physics going all wonky. Some day we'll get a theory of quantum gravity and all this will make sense.
The higher the frequency eventually the frequency gets so short the wave length matches the Planck length you have to faster then the speed of light to transverse this distance the limiting factor, there by maximum temperature A similar argument can be used for Planck time.
These limits rely on the speed of light, the Einstein convention, may be a weak point or Achilles heel.

Last edited:
I have a long-running interest in cosmology, and the limits of perception. Is the universe a giant machine, or a giant thought? Is there any end to discovery? I wonder if dark matter and energy are also known as the Astral plane, but I'm not about to write it up.
I too am more interested in practical applications, and was delighted with the books of J.E. Gordon, who explains why things break, or don't, right down to the atomic level.

Loved this U-Tube video, cracks forming, getting bigger, Leonard Susskind seems to be leading the way, watched a lecture at U of T years ago where he described, how he come up with the holography principle as it relates to black holes.

watching lots of u-tube videos on physics , quantum field theory, becoming the leading theory. Which makes sense, no such thing as points thereby no point particles, just waves.

watching lots of u-tube videos on physics , quantum field theory, becoming the leading theory. Which makes sense, no such thing as points thereby no point particles, just waves.
How do waves explain the quantum level randomness in the fabric of space along with the obvious asymmetry during inflation allowing the cosmos to be populated with matter when there should have been equal amounts of matter and antimatter created after the big bang that would have annhilated itself.

Those are some of the big questions no one has an answer to yet, at least not me. The only clue is follow the anomalies. in particular the neutron half life. is their a decay mechanism we cannot see.

Last edited:
The latest edition of scientific America is great three articles on black holes, it looks like the big break through has happened.

New Threads

Top Bottom