• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any one else here obsessed with physics?

I have never really understood the problem with matter vs anti-matter being hard to resolve. As I understand it, the two substances turn each other into energy, which later re-condenses into either one or the other. If so, as soon as random chance produces more of one than the other, the other is at greater risk of annihilation, while the majority is safer. The result is an accelerating trend to only one kind.

Another reference in Peter Woits, latest blog that Edward WItten. is currently researching the connection between
information theory and quantum mechanics. AS I stated before I had a stroke close to three years ago, when I woke up with the help of my cat and mumbled to my wife to call a ambulance. I had a strong epiphany during the dream while I was being deprived of oxygen to my brain that information theory was the answer I was seeking.
As soon as I left the hospital I purchased a DVD on information theory wow did it explain every thing. I've had this feeling many times in my life, hence my avatar. to think the worlds greatest living physicist, is following the same trail knows a lot more math has an IQ near 200. really gives me the warm and fuzzies. interesting life after death can be explained by information theory and quantum mechanics. I guess a near death experience will get your mind working. keep in mind information cannot be destroyed even via a black hole, This really bothered Steven Hawking.

If you don't object to a conversation partner who can parse Hawkins with Socrates (figuratively speaking, of course), then I'm game.
Another reference in Peter Woits, latest blog that Edward WItten. is currently researching the connection between
information theory and quantum mechanics. AS I stated before I had a stroke close to three years ago, when I woke up with the help of my cat and mumbled to my wife to call a ambulance. I had a strong epiphany during the dream while I was being deprived of oxygen to my brain that information theory was the answer I was seeking.
Glad you have come through it ok. My husband suffered a series of mild strokes. It was very a difficult recovery. Your revelation is fascinating. I take it that it is what motivated you to pursue informationalism?
As soon as I left the hospital I purchased a DVD on information theory wow did it explain every thing. I've had this feeling many times in my life, hence my avatar. to think the worlds greatest living physicist, is following the same trail knows a lot more math has an IQ near 200. really gives me the warm and fuzzies. interesting life after death can be explained by information theory and quantum mechanics. I guess a near death experience will get your mind working. keep in mind information cannot be destroyed even via a black hole, This really bothered Steven Hawking.
So, physics deals only with the material universe. If information cannot be destroyed, then information cannot be material. How, then, can physics deal with information?

See Claude Shannons, work, latest edition of scientific America, details out how the information paradox is resolved. Information and energy are the same E=mc^2, also see Melvin Vopson. the fact you existed is information, every thought you ever had, every thing you have ever done, cannot be lost by the universe.in other words life after death, just stored as information, Dark energy?

Last edited:
See Claude Shannons, work, latest edition of scientific America, details out how the information paradox is resolved. Information and energy are the same E=mc^2, also see Melvin Vopson. the fact you existed is information, every thought you ever had, every thing you have ever done, cannot be lost by the universe.in other words life after death, just stored as information, Dark energy?
And you might enjoy Einar Bohn's take on Informationalism as well. He has a little book out on God and Abstract Objects that makes for an easy read. Check it out, it supports your position.

However, there is a metaphysical flaw within the reasoning--something Bohn attempts to address through a version of communication theory. I won't get into that here (it's complicated), so let me just ask some questions instead that may help us to point at the flaw.

Consider your own proposal. If Information is equal to E=mc^2, and if information (a) is stored as Dark Energy (f), then how can you and I access information by our consciousness? (If a is f, then how can consciousness apprehend Dark Energy? It's a classic Jaegwon Kim style type-type mismatch.)

Also, if life after death is just a form of stored information, then is what you are saying is that information is life? If so, what sorts of implications might we draw from this?

I hope you accept that I am enjoying the ideas you present and am not 'arguing' with you. You might say that asking thoughtful questions is my special interest.

Physicists trying to reconcile relativity with quantum mechanics are making headway see Bell's theorem you still cannot travel faster than the speed of light including information. Either way Ed Witten thinks there is something to it, the universe may be smaller than we think and more interconnected. The latest theory states the information is stored in the form as a hologram see the latest on black holes information stored on its surface as a hologram. That's why Steven Hawking conceded defeat during the black hole wars, information is not lost to bad he died before the big breakthrough in 2019.

All I trying to do is reconcile an out of body experience I had during my stroke and explain it with physics. I'm agnostic, not an atheist, just like answers. I woke up cat under my pillow babbling woke my wife up needed to get as much information-on-information theory as I could get my hands on as soon as I left the hospital got a lecture series on information theory via the great courses. everything was as clear as day after I watched the lectures.
See great courses thread I started, months ago.in my mind's eye i see the universe starting as one dimension then two holograms, then three, via complex analysis math, for those not familiar with complex analysis math it's using the square root of negative one. after all the number line is one dimensional. I can sort of see this in my head hard to describe as a picture for others picture to me.

Last edited:
Physicists trying to reconcile relativity with quantum mechanics are making headway see Bell's theorem you still cannot travel faster than the speed of light including information. Either way Ed Witten thinks there is something to it, the universe may be smaller than we think and more interconnected. The latest theory states the information is stored in the form as a hologram see the latest on black holes information stored on its surface as a hologram. That's why Steven Hawking conceded defeat during the black hole wars, information is not lost to bad he died before the big breakthrough in 2019.
The hologram universe was proposed, I think, in the mid-nineties. I used to have an article somewhere around here about it, so it's been around for a while. The fascinating thing is (& if I remember right), it was a team of mathematicians (Stanford?) that made the discovery. Sometime either around that time or shortly after (I don't know which) a certain astronomer (who's name escapes me right now--I think he's from Australia) makes a similar proposition and shows how it might actually work. Pretty fun stuff. Kudos to you for pondering it so.
All I trying to do is reconcile an out of body experience I had during my stroke and explain it with physics. I'm agnostic, not an atheist, just like answers. I woke up cat under my pillow babbling woke my wife up needed to get as much information-on-information theory as I could get my hands on as soon as I left the hospital got a lecture series on information theory via the great courses. everything was as clear as day after I watched the lectures.
That must have been a scary experience. Inspirational, but scary nonetheless.
See great courses thread I started, months ago.in my mind's eye i see the universe starting as one dimension then two holograms, then three, via complex analysis math, for those not familiar with complex analysis math it's using the square root of negative one. after all the number line is one dimensional. I can sort of see this in my head hard to describe as a picture for others picture to me.
Sounds very Humean. The math--and I'm drawing off of some things I read in your thread here from the other day-- sounds a lot like fictionalism. Now, don't take that term the wrong way, that's just the official term for that level of abstraction. (There is a bit more to it than this, but I wouldn't want to lose/bore you with the underlying philosophy...and I doubt I could make it fully coherent in a quick paragraph. I've only studied it in passing.)

Curious thing, though, your comment makes the third reference in two weeks to a one-dimensional universe. It is definitely a Humean idea, I'm just thinking that maybe I might want to read up on it at some point. Wait--fourth reference. Yeah, I should probably read up on it.

I went to a lecture 10 to 15 years ago at u of Leonard Susskind spoke he explained how he got thr idea about the holographic principle in regard to black holes helicopter blade spinning slow down time blade on the end of blades and then blades on the end of them until they completely covered the surface of the black hole.

The out of body experience was the most peaceful feeling I have ever had, just wondered why I was no freezing how I could breathe, cannot swim through a vacuum. Then came up with information theory then woke up. Ater it was over fear of death completely gone. Complex analysis is used every day to land planes not that complex then known as imaginary numbers, took in high school many years ago extending to octonions not that difficult, my issue with math it's all the proofs, and the rigor concepts easy. no dimension to one then two I can visualize. I guess if Michael Faraday can do it why I cannot I. Even saw some interesting complex math with zero's so there is at least one mathematician working on it.

I liked physics in school because it was mainly math and im good at math. I also study electrical engineering which obviously also involves physics, so i need to understand it, but beyond that i was never super interested or obsessed with physics.

Nobel prize given for experiment that furthers information as being somehow being involved in a roll how the universe works. I guess I'm on a roll. first medicine, now physics, trust my intuition and my friends when they joke with me. (covid). when you're in the middle of a stroke and you get told information is the answer, take it seriously, fortunately I did.

interesting u- tube videos coming out in the last few days, on what the physics of bells theorem means
waiting a hundred years for this breakthrough.
Irrational numbers like pi and the square root of 2 may finally make sense., length is not absolute so locality may not be what it was assumed to be. interesting what the big brains come up with in the next few years.
What I can picture making more sense all the time. Think of a perfectly round black hole. And how it relates to pi. how does it exist and be perfectly round.

Last edited:
My knowledge, of mathematics is limited to what I learned in grade 13 47 years ago and my specific knowledge of complex analysis. are imaginary numbers. Starting to see that the key to how the universe works is based on this type of mathematics.

Watching all the latest videos on the just won Nobel prize about Bell's theorem, is getting really interesting as it gets slowly digested, by the physics community, the bottom-line nonlocality exists it's all probability, basically absolute length cannot exist.

If absolute length cannot exist the speed of light cannot be measured, leaving a loophole for space travel
even Einstein admitted that the speed of light could not be measured, the Einstein convention.
This also resolves Zeno's Parodox. Calculus makes more sense.
I'm starting to wonder how Kurt Godels, incompleteness, theorem, relates to this.

Last edited:
I had interesting dream last night what if there were two concurrent universes ours and a second one running backwards in time made of anti-matter, the present would be where they intersect, determinism would be back on the table irrespective of quantum mechanics, which would still be applicable in both versions. The ultimate symmetry. These universes would not be exactly the same as the breaking of CP symmetry of the Kaon would affect the antimatter one in ways I could not begin to guess. Interesting way to have free will and have determinism concurrently. Paul Dirac said years ago if you want to find out how things work follow the beauty, he really meant the mathematics. but this only works if you have the correct math. I'm starting to come to the conclusion follow the kiss principle, keep it simple stupid. more likely to be correct.

Last edited:
Watching lots of utube, videos on black holes and how they relate to Bells theorem and how in turn they relate to the recently won Nobel prize. all the bright physicists really seem lost. they were not taught Bell's theorem in university. learned lots of math. To me it's obvious no such thing as absolute length easy to visualize in my head,
but then how do I describe colour blind people. Can he proved mathematically using set theory locality is the blind spot in relativity. every point in the universe is connected to every other point in the Universe and always has been the connections are fuzzy. no such thing as point particle's, just fields.

The idea of Physics intrigues me , but I am not good with math . And feel I could never have the skills to pursue my interest in it

The math I know I learned in high school, enough to understand the concepts of physics without going down the rabbit hole, I just see it in my head, I am watching Peter Woits blog and a recent Phd in physics wrote how he is unable to get a job in the field, probably good I did not follow my dream of becoming a theoretical physicist the same issue happened during the early 1980's when I would have graduated if I had taken this route maybe fate
intervened. Three years in college got me on my way.

After all it worked for Michael Faraday, he had no knowledge of mathematics.

Last edited:
The idea of Physics intrigues me , but I am not good with math . And feel I could never have the skills to pursue my interest in it
I'm in the same boat. Did not do well in precalc and doubt I ever could, even with tutoring. Fortunately, you can understand most of it without doing the math behind it. Einstein is said to have been mediocre at math and had his grad students do most of the math for him. I don't think Einstein would have made it in science today.

New Threads

Top Bottom