• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any one else here obsessed with physics?

i
Not so much of neutrons, but of accellerated protons up to modest energy of 70 Mev at only 250mA along with the isotopic reaction curves (to avoid producing unwanted isotopes) but I always deferred to the cyclotron operators for optimal beam energy and bombardment time.

To put the modest energies I worked with in perspective, the first stage cockraft-walton accelerator at Fermi Lab produced 70 Mev protons at 3A that represents a huge amount of energy for particles starting to approack relativistic effects.
I would love to take a tour of a cyclotron, Fermi lab, covid sucks.

i

Not much to see for a cyclotron and with a working machine, even shut down, being in the shielded vault with the machine beyond about 30 seconds is not possible. There is a room of control components, and the operator has a console in another room. Control for incident energy whether delivered to an internal target or extracted, as well as beam focus and current is like flying by instrument as the operators look at its measured performance on various readouts and adjust accordingly. You should see when maintenance is done. The whole facility was recruited and small teams practiced part of a task. We had a time limit that was strictly enforced and that was the only task we did over the duration of maintenance to keep our radiation dose within reason.

Had an epithany last night. the whole universe is connected every point always has been always will including time. Bells theorem is the smoking gun. For the other physics people on here check out Peter Woits blog "Not even wrong" every you ever want to know about the current state of physics and mathematics is covered here.

Had an epithany last night. the whole universe is connected every point always has been always will including time

I am no physicist by any stretch of the imagination but I have thought of a mesh idea concerning the universe from a different point of view, philosophy.

This fellow seems to pull that theory together for me. Of course, I am ignorant of physics for the most part. If this link doesn't fit please just ignore it. I am already well aware how wrong I might be.

A new kind of physics? Stephen Wolfram has a radical plan to build the universe from dots and lines

I atend a casual quantum physics group from time to time. I enjoy listening and very occasionally making a comment. The group has a few retired physicists and a couple of scientists. The group also has at least one member who likes to introduce her ideas about paranormal experiences. This leads to some friction no pun intended.

i

Sean Carroll has a book (of course) which is a series of his lectures on the Higgs Boson which gives a few interesting facts from a physicist’s perspective.
The Higgs Boson and Beyond

C427FF45-4C3B-4CD7-A6FF-BE5900C436FF.jpeg

I can visualize in my minds eye a series of length bell curves in three dimensions absolute length does not exist see my description further back in this thread can be proven using high school math set theory. based on pythagorean, triangle irrational numbers are no longer irrational.

Last edited:
Penrose’s Conformal Cyclic Cosmology is fascinating. There’s a very nice youtube video of him chatting a little bit about that.

Last edited:
absolute length does not exist see my description further back in this thread can be proven using high school math set theory. based on pythagorean, triangle irrational numbers are no longer irrational.

I don't get this. Are you saying that triangles with irrational lengths in them can be scaled so that all three sides are rational?

LOOK At my original argument. obviously all three sides must exist. same as how does a singularity in a black hole exist. nature does not allow for absolute length, Quantum mechanics. Even general relativity. length is plastic. The circumferance of a supers massive black hole must exist.

Last edited:
The proof is simple set theory, I have no interest in publishing that's just me, I have shown it to people that know a lot more than me about physics. Their response has always been astonishment. It's sort of low hanging fruit how did every one miss it. Did a bunch of reading, being unable to accept zero, negative numbers. Irrational numbers due to religious dogma was the main reason no body saw it, now its just educational limitations to much rigid thinking not looking past their nose.

Last edited:
The proof is simple set theory, I have no interest in publishing that's just me, I have shown it to people that know a lot more than me about physics. Their response has always been astonishment. It's sort of low hanging fruit how did every one miss it. Did a bunch of reading, being unable to accept zero, negative numbers. Irrational numbers due to religious dogma was the main reason no body saw it, now its just educational limitations to much rigid thinking not looking past their nose.

I haven't seen anything in your posts that could be reduced to a single verifiable or falsifiable statement - just name-dropping of physics and math concepts with no apparent coherent connection.

Can you explain at least one thing you claim to have discovered or proved? For instance, what - as precisely as you can describe - are you saying about triangles and irrational lengths?

my daughter loves physics. she's a senior in high school, homeschooled. i want her to have a passion for science, and really absorb the information, and understand it, rather than being able to regurgitate boring facts on a test.

i don't think you have to be an expert scientist or a great mathematician to enjoy learning how the universe works. and the adventure comes in the knowledge you gain through casual reading and the way the synapses in your brain apply that to what you've observed in your life.

it's quite exciting to just sit down and read a physics book like it was literature.

Last edited:
My daughter just told this physics joke:

"Your mama is so fat that when she sits down on matter, it converts into energy."

I am no physicist by any stretch of the imagination but I have thought of a mesh idea concerning the universe from a different point of view, philosophy.

This fellow seems to pull that theory together for me. Of course, I am ignorant of physics for the most part. If this link doesn't fit please just ignore it. I am already well aware how wrong I might be.

A new kind of physics? Stephen Wolfram has a radical plan to build the universe from dots and lines
For the off the wall guys I am most interested in Antony Lisi

as I have men mentioned in another thread God speaks through nature, his language is mathematics, most notably statistical via distributions.

New Threads

Top Bottom