• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any Aspie's take constructive criticism personally??

Anna Marie Raisbeck

I'm not sure if there are any relevant posts, or maybe this may not be the correct place to post this.
As long as I can remember I've always taking constructive criticism badly. I take it badly as in I can cry myself to sleep for days on end. Take it so personally. :redface: Just wondered if I was the only one to take it so weirdly :redface:

Don't worry, Anna. You're not alone. There are times when I've taken constructive criticism personally, too. I think I do it much less than I used to, though.

I'm not sure if there are any relevant posts, or maybe this may not be the correct place to post this.
As long as I can remember I've always taking constructive criticism badly. I take it badly as in I can cry myself to sleep for days on end. Take it so personally. :redface: Just wondered if I was the only one to take it so weirdly :redface:

In such circumstances I try to rationalize if such criticism really is constructive. If so, I try to be positive about it. Much like I how I relate to understanding computers. In that my successes are built on a foundation of failure. You can't learn so well when everything goes perfectly as planned.

It's the criticism that isn't so constructive that bogs me down emotionally. But admittedly on occasion it isn't so easy for me to tell one from the other either. The short answer: you aren't alone. ;)

Welp You are not alone. I am like that too. I take it soo badly I play it over and over in my head and try to figure out what i did to elicit that response. I think part of my issue is that i don't understand tones of voice and body language at all so I misinterpret things often.

Anna Marie I think your not alone as well, I tend to dwell on any criticism/comments for several hours later.

New Threads

Top Bottom