• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Animated movies/t.v shows obsessions

music.forlife7

List them if you have them! I really love:

Classic Looney Tunes

DreamWorks movies

Some Disney moves

Don Bluth movies

Animation is fun in my opinion :D

I wouldn't call them obsessions, but a few shows I like(d) over the past few years;

- Animaniacs
- Pinky & The brain (the actual spin-off series; the small sections in Animaniacs were fine though)
- Transformers (the old 80's show; and alongside that, the animated movie is N times more awesome that those "bayformers")
- Futurama

As for movies

- Nightmare before christmas (which technically, even if it isn't drawn traditionally, still is animation)
- Alice in Wonderland (The Disney one)
- Beavis & Butt-head do America

Probably a handful of other Disney and/or Pixar movies which I didn't think were all that bad. Come think of it... Fantasia was nice actually; but that's probably more of the music geek in me that liked it for that reason.

It's not neccesarily a lot I like with animation, just a few. I like the style, but quite often the movie by itself isn't that interesting for me personally in terms of story. An exception could be made for surreal animation sequences. I don't like Disney's Dumbo, but the pink elephants scene is great.

I wouldn't call them obsessions, but a few shows I like(d) over the past few years;

- Animaniacs
- Pinky & The brain (the actual spin-off series; the small sections in Animaniacs were fine though)
- Transformers (the old 80's show; and alongside that, the animated movie is N times more awesome that those "bayformers")
- Futurama

As for movies

- Nightmare before christmas (which technically, even if it isn't drawn traditionally, still is animation)

Probably a handful of other Disney and/or Pixar movies which I didn't think were all that bad. Come think of it... Fantasia was nice actually; but that's probably more of the music geek in me that liked it for that reason.

It's not neccesarily a lot I like with animation, just a few. I like the style, but quite often the movie by itself isn't that interesting for me personally in terms of story. An exception could be made for surreal animation sequences. I don't like Disney's Dumbo, but the pink elephants scene is great.

I love The Nightmare Before Christmas! And some Pixar. Thr Pixar movies that I like are Finding Nemo, A Bug's Life, and Monsters Inc

TV shows:

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Adventure Time

Movies:

Nightmare Before Christmas
Corpse Bride
Frankenweenie
Disney/Pixar's Brave

Anything from Chuck Jones, because he was a freaking genius.

So is Miyazaki: Spirited Away and Whisper of the Heart.

The Nightmare Before Christmas was great. Freakazoid really appealed to my sense of humour, but it might not be for others here. And let's not forget The Simpsons.

Hah! Perfect thread! Out of all my obsessions, The Simpsons is by FAR the most prominent one. I am a member of a Simpsons forum, and an extremely well-known one at that. I have nearly 9,000 posts there. I've seen every episode multiple times, and watching a new one on Sunday is the highlight of my week. I own countless Simpsons items and books and own every season that's out on DVD. So yeah...obsession doesn't even begin to describe it.

TV: NCIS, Bones, Fringe, Jeopardy
Movies: Men in Black I-III, all Harry Potter movies, The Black Stallion, The Sound of Music, The Lion King

I really like Hayao Miyazaki and Wes Anderson films.

T-v shows would have to be Supernatural, Sherlock, Doctor who, ADVENTURE TIME and pretty much every bbc comedy.

Being a child of the '80s, I was obsessed with shows like Knight Rider, Airwolf, and The Incredible Hulk.--the last of which gave rise to what I still consider to be the biggest understatement in the history of episodic TV:

"Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME when I'm angry!" (From Bill Bixby to Jack Colvin. In fact, if they had been able to do the final season (where David Banner got cured of his affliction), I could have seen this exchange:

McGee: Banner...you were right about something you once told me.

Banner: What's that, Mr. McGee?

McGee: I don't like you when you're angry!!

Airwolf, of course, I've taken to writing a few fan fiction stories about: robertwnielsen | FanFiction During the "final" season (I don't consider season 4 to be "canon," because of the way they disappeared Archangel and Caitlin O'Shannessy)...Caitlin made a comment, "Dom, don't do that to me. I care about him, too, you know...probably MORE THAN YOU KNOW." (About Hawke.) And I sure don't think she meant she cared about Hawke like a brother...I think she meant she was in love with him!! So, that's the kind of fan fiction I write...where they get together romantically.

- Animaniacs
- Futurama

As for movies

i loved animaniacs. I had a big animaniacs poster in my room growing up and loved pinkie and the brain. awesome cartoon.
i also watched a lot of inspector gadget growing up.

i miss futurama, that show never did do well. i wish it was still around.. it was awesome.

When I was little I really liked a show called maple town. I also liked muppet babies, The little mermaid, I don't remember what else. My dad watched alot of cartoons when I was growing up that I didn't like. And for awhile as a grown up I didn't remember liking any cartoons other than the little mermaid. I mostly just remembered hating the cartoons my dad watched, so I would say I never liked cartoons when I was little cause I didn't remember. I do think some of the pixar movies are really good, and the miyazaki movies are really good.

Muppet Babies...Animal was my favorite baby!! (And, my favorite Muppet, period.

As to other cartoons, well, being a child of the 70s & 80s, my tastes were a little...eclectic.

Thundarr The Barbarian (think Luke Skywalker with, as I like to say, a SERIOUS IMPULSE CONTROL PROBLEM!! :)

Challenge of the Super Friends--I loved the Legion of Doom.

Looney Tunes--Bugs Bunny...Road Runner...need I say more?? :D

Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends--Firestar was hot!! (Pun intended...and, she was a redhead...what can I say??) :)

I'm one of those people who quickly becomes obssessed with things and then gets bored and right now I don't have any obessions but I like Mlp FiM, young justice, numerous late 80's-early 90's cartoons and i also like very old rubberhose animations where everythings alive and has a face or is mad of candy or balloons or something.
i can watch most forms of animation though. For movies I love Myzaki and Yoshihiro Nishimura films. when it comes to live actio i usually like crime dramas like SVU and rizzoli and isles

I forgt to mentioon that i also really like bristish programing like being human, merlin, and Doctor Who the new series. I'm very reluctant to watch the old who because i have the mindset that i need to finish everything I start and the who universe is just to big for me to feasibly do that

I've been a huge fan of animation since I was little. I've seen practically all the Disney films, and all of Pixar except Brave, because I was discouraged by the reviews and wanted to see Snow White and the Huntsman instead because of Charlize Theron's riveting evil queen and the enticing visuals.

The Disney films I still enjoy are:

The Lion King (although I could not get past Mufasa's death scene until I was about 10)
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (still makes me cry, and it's the very first animated feature film)
Beauty and the Beast
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (found it boring when I was little, but love it now)
Fantasia (some parts of it)
Peter Pan
The Little Mermaid
The Emperor's New Groove

I also like Anastasia , The Prince of Egypt and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, and love Claymation, especially Coraline, Corpse Bride and Mary and Max

TV shows:
Seinfeld
Phineas and Ferb (I am 25 but this show is brilliant!)
Saturday Night Live
House (haven't watched it since my grandpa died because I keep seeing episodes involving ventilators when channel surfing. I can't handle it. He was put on one for the last two weeks of his life.)

Movies:
The Goonies
The Hangover

I can't really think of others at the moment. Hmm.

Powerpuff Girls
Ed,Edd, n Eddy
Codename: Kids Next Door
Pokemon
The Fairly Odd Parents (up to a point, as it's not as good now as it used to be)
Danny Phantom
Dragon Tales
Arthur
Sagwa
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Totally Spies

Alot have already been mentioned, but here we go.....

Growing up I obviously loved Bugs Bunny. I also loved the classic Disney Afternoon lineup (minus Gummi Bears because that had already been off the air for some time). Also loved some rather obscure cartoons like Dink the Little Dinosaur.

But my first SERIOUS cartoon obsession was Sonic the Hedgehog, AKA Sonic SatAM. This was back when video game tie-ins were still something of a novelty. But even then I could tell that this show had some serious effort put into it, with its dystopian, vaguely cyberpunkish setting and interesting characters (Princess Sally was my first crush). Later on I became obsessed with Road Rovers, which sadly lasted only a single season but was absolutely fantastic (the female Rover named Colleen is my avatar).

As far as movies go, my first obsession was Disney's Robin Hood. I've noticed that, even though in some ways its not nearly as well-produced as other films in the Disney canon, it still has a VERY large cult following.....and let's face it, Robin Hood was sooooo handsome. :blush:

I also loved the classic Don Bluth films. The Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, etc. These films were head and shoulders above EVERYTHING that Walt Disney Studios were putting out at the time (and I'm including The Little Mermaid on that one).

As for modern stuff, obviously I love MLP: Friendship is Magic (though I haven't caught up with it in forever). Everything in the Avatar universe (Airbender/Korra) is worth watching over and over. Steven Universe is a recent one that I absolutely adore. We're kinda living in a golden age of American Animation right now.

New Threads

Top Bottom