• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am I telepathic or schizophrenic?

The trouble with being influenced/aware of the unseen, is, is it of God or the devil?

I had to consider schizotypal when some people suggested autistic, but uh i'm more autistic than schizotypal. there's a lot of schizotypal criteria i don't meet.

I remember something I heard recently, from... oh I have no idea who. It might have been on this forum.

I'm not good at quoting exact words, but the line went something like this: "People often just dont whatsoever believe in the supernatural, up until the moment when it happens to them."

At this point, I rather firmly believe this is correct, due to experiences on my part. Well, due to ENOUGH experiences on my part. If something only happened once or twice, logically, it could be coincidence or whatever. But... well... I dont want to go into detail, but when lightning strikes the same spot 500 times in a row, even if I WAS the totally skeptical sort, even then I'd have to acknowledge that something funky was happening.

But also:

As for magic. I believe in the old argument. It's simply knowledge we don't understand yet.

Aye, this has been my thought for a long time now. But not just because of experiences... also because of observation. Observation of how supposedly "scientific" individuals act. There is a LOT of bias among people that claim to be all about science. Show something to them that is a bit weird, and there's *immediate* derision, laughter, and it gets tossed out the window without thought. What kind of dipwad scientist does things like that? I've often found this sort of behavior absolutely baffling. And it's not just "supernatural" stuff... when other scientists propose something odd based on their experiments, even if it turns out that they were CORRECT, other members of the scientific community will first react with "LOL you're an idiot, here's why, blibberdy blabberdy BLAH". It all rather gives me a headache to watch supposedly logical people behave the way many of them do.

And here's something from one of the Dresden books... there's a scene, near the end of the book, taking place after a big battle involving all sorts of supernatural elements inside this building. Dresden comments on the situation, saying something like "I guarantee you, the paper tomorrow will label the damage and death in that building as the result of a gas leak". To which another character replies "But that's stupid!" And Dresden says "It's life. The last thing the twenty-first century wants to admit is that it might not know everything."

What I'm saying is: Dont go and dismiss your own thoughts on stuff like this. Instead, approach the topic and any related "situations" very carefully, and take real time to think about and consider the whole thing from different angles. DONT jump to conclusions in either direction, and also DONT just toss out any particular theory or idea you might have... learn as much as you can, and continue on. Your beliefs and thoughts on different matters are what they are, and who knows... you just might be correct on them, regardless of what anyone else says. A lot of the self-described "smart" people out there seriously arent as bright as they think they are... never forget that.

...Also dont bother arguing with anyone on the topic. It never goes anywhere. BUT, also be careful of dealing with others who might be quick to just ASSUME that such-and-such supernatural thing is correct, as they're no better.

Anyway, just my thoughts on that aspect of this topic. I have a TON of free time to ponder this stuff even if it does frankly scare me a bit.

The trouble with being influenced/aware of the unseen, is, is it of God or the devil?

I had to consider schizotypal when some people suggested autistic, but uh i'm more autistic than schizotypal. there's a lot of schizotypal criteria i don't meet.

That was precisely the question the CofE had in mind when they tested me, an impossible question. Theologically they were working off a 2 Peter 1:20-21 dichotomy, which is rather wider than yours, as grey seers also exist, self-powered rather than black. Indeed, most self-appointed ones are: my gift was not only forced on me but also backed by jonahing when I waa unduly modest. Harley Street's also seen it in action, diagnosing hyperperception, which they're happy with. Sane if extraordinary, and somewhat traumatised.

What might be useful, taking it a step further, is to populate an online X-Skills Academy with others like me capable of explaining their powers. Not as a training ground for NT wannabees, but as guidance for those with baby skills. I didn't go straight from geek to Prizewinner, I assure you, my steps were always manageable, but looking back with Gandhi's work completed in my pocket, I could well understand Javier Solana's astonished reaction, "How on earth did that happen?"

That was precisely the question the CofE had in mind when they tested me, an impossible question. Theologically they were working off a 2 Peter 1:20-21 dichotomy, which is rather wider than yours, as grey seers also exist, self-powered rather than black. Indeed, most self-appointed ones are: my gift was not only forced on me but also backed by jonahing when I waa unduly modest. Harley Street's also seen it in action, diagnosing hyperperception, which they're happy with. Sane if extraordinary, and somewhat traumatised.

I'll be totally honest here: I have no idea what any of this meant.

To be a bit more specific:

What is a "grey seer", and what does "self powered other than black" mean? This sounds vaguely familiar, but I have a memory like a cheese grater.

What does CofE stand for? My guess is "church of something" but heck if I know what. Similarly, I dont know what "2 Peter 1:20-21 dichotomy" means, only that it sounds connected to religion of some sort.

Also, "jonahing" and "hyperperception". Dunno what those are either, and Google wont help, it seems.

I think woo is just science we have not yet discovered. The ancients were terrified of things like eclipses, so sure they were of the gods, they would even stop or start wars dependent on things of the sort.

I had all sorts of synchronicity which never meant a thing, though at first I was sure it did. Now I look at it neuronally. Imagine if we have something like antennae that are in our brains and some have stronger ones than others.

It would not surprise me if some people have masses of neurons that can pick stuff up at random and they try to make sense of it.

Last edited:
uh i'm a bible believer, leave me out of the woowoo/seeker stuff, had too many proofs it's pointless.

You can be too open minded, like next we know they'll make reading entrails a degree course.

I was replying to the fundamentalist confusing neutrality with diabolical. I've dealt with both: I'm decidedly on the White school, actually having been put to the test by the Church of England (US Episcopalians). The contrast in Henry James The Two Loves, white innocence (Covering End) vs dark malevolence (The Turn of the Screw). But most folk are in between, only knowing themselves, what they can do, grey. Not called to the very powerful numinous, nor yet arrogant in the black "Does what you want shall be the only Law", they bumble along being mostly good. When pushed they'll put down "Church of England" but don't have much if any spiritual oomph. Nowhere Man. NeuroTypicals who think an active life in the Spirit is the domain of Galvanised Pentecostalists.
If you like, in Star Wars terms, Jedi, the vast bulk of the population, and Sith. The distinction being that the dark schools are really weak.

I speculate that early humans were all telepathic, and that language and verbal communication were created for the ancient art of storytelling, with the purpose of passing down mythical tales of wisdom to younger generations, so that they could make the world a better place and leave a good legacy, and of course, pass the tales down to future generations.

As we moved away from source, the art of verbal communication became chit-chat.

I believe all animals are telepathic, you can ask them a question and if in the right headspace get a wise answer.

For example, I was not looking forward to a drinking weekend and wanted an excuse not to go, one that sounded convincing, as I didn't want to be hassled into going.

I asked my foster cat at the time, and "tell the truth" came out.

The truth was "I don't want to go" this went down ok.

I'll be totally honest here: I have no idea what any of this meant.

To be a bit more specific:

What is a "grey seer", and what does "self powered other than black" mean? This sounds vaguely familiar, but I have a memory like a cheese grater.

What does CofE stand for? My guess is "church of something" but heck if I know what. Similarly, I dont know what "2 Peter 1:20-21 dichotomy" means, only that it sounds connected to religion of some sort.

Also, "jonahing" and "hyperperception". Dunno what those are either, and Google wont help, it seems.

The quote's one for Christians, refering to a book, chapter and verses in the New Testament. It talks of the different kinds of seer. Peter was the purest theologian in Jesus' circle, and tasked with carrying the fellowship on after the Ascension. He's the first Pope, not that he'd have recognised the Vatican now, even though what's left of him is in the crypt.

Jonahing's an old testament concept. Jonah was a disobedient prophet, sailed off in the opposite direction to the one he knew he was supposed to go in, but got up the nose of the ship's crew, who threwhim overboard. At that point some maritime monster swallowed him and delivered him to where he was supposed to go to. It happens quite often in Christian circles. We decided not to go to Brussels for medical reasons. Within minutes of the working day our security in the UK was undercut by my being made redundant, I picked up the phone to contact my wife, she wasn't available, I ended up talking to the Head of Personnel, asking for one of the Finance jobs. His jaw hit the floor. How did you know, it only came free thirty seconds back. Of course, it's you. Ok.So then the FCO Vetters have their say. You haven't got the time in you need. My reply, do you know John H? Sure, he was doing this job before me. Why don't you ask him? He's been watxhing me for the time you need. And the Army before that. So that's how I became the only spouse in 70 years to pass the Rosenburg Interdict

Hyperperception was used by the Harley Street shrinks to describe what they saw. It's difficult to hide things from me. When President Trump talked of codebreakers working by thought in November, yup, done that. We were talking about Alan Turing's approach in WW2, in the 1980s, so I took a snippet of American Banking code and broke it first go, method and key in 5 minutes, 15 minutes to assemble the software and actually crack it. All I had is what Turing had, a partial idea of the content. In the CofE test, the numinous working through me answered the question, "What is my subject?" perfectly, about 20 words. There's a major rider, though. I'm only the channel. So don't ask me what the lottery figures are. A seer is someone who sees the unseeable. The future. I've been pretty good at being at the right spot at the right time. My SAS chums blew the Iranian Embassy apart: I was outside the Libyan one when it mattered a few years later. We didn't have to blow that one up. And that's all I can say on the matter. The sad think was I lacked the confidence to stop the cops walking into it. Evonne Fletcher died: she'd been eating an orange.

You are most definitely telepathic. I have this exact same thing as a part of me, everything you have described, it's a part of me and always has been.

However, I don't tell people this, because the masses are too used to the definitions and representations of mild madness or insanity; not enough to be legally declared so by a judge, but just enough that it can be seen and observed, nothing more. I am no such person, because I have never felt anything or displayed such feelings that society would not understand and therefore be afraid of.

Have you ever cupped your hands together for a while, maybe out of boredom waiting on something/someone, and after a while, you started to feel...something pushing your hands away, or trying to? That is not your imagination. It is a form of energy you are controlling, called PSI. You can do whatever you wish with this energy, program it to cause anything you want to happen, should you grow with it. Just be careful with it...

It sounds ridiculous, I know. But my whole family's been a believer for a long time; several people who have seen generations upon generations of a lifetime have been known to be capable of rather...strange things that lots of people in my family have never been quite able to explain. Don't know how we got this way. Luck of the draw, I guess.

hey l like this rock and roll post- peeps just discussing the truly intangibles of life without the judgements........

But that's enough about me. What about others? You report hyperserendipity, No issues with that, any ideas what it is about you that lets it happen? Are you like Mickey Mouse (Mickey's Holiday), driving along with the most insane things happening all around while his cognition's somewhere else?

Hand energy's the normal strongest area of meridian energy, best mapped in acupuncture texts. It's aura and Kyrilian, too, and can be developed far beyond close-body awareness.

People are living, and living things have a life force. It's not powerful, though. The Ancient Egyptians called it Maat, the Chinese call it Chi. Tapping into the numinous finds a far stronger source, but one which imposes it's requirements. Maybe it sees wrong-doing as a disease, wash your channels first, keep your spiritual health clean. I simply report my experience, in the hopes others will share too. As I said, perhaps a true authority can come out of this to say what the stats are and how this weirding works, because right now the scientists are incapable of going there: the Koestler Institute's study of the ParaNormal's collapsed because it just won't be a good little natural science and sit up and beg on demand.

But that's enough about me. What about others? You report hyperserendipity, No issues with that, any ideas what it is about you that lets it happen? Are you like Mickey Mouse (Mickey's Holiday), driving along with the most insane things happening all around while his cognition's somewhere else?

If you're asking me, er.... well, yeah, I suppose that's a good way to put it. Though I'm not sure serendipity is quite the right term... whether the thing that is currently (and repeatedly) being attracted is beneficial or not is unknown to me at this time. It's extremely blatant though... certainly not subtle. And accelerating, which is a bit... concerning. Upon discussing it (the overall effect, not just that specific thing) with a few people that know more about this sort of thing than I do, the best description I have for the overall effect is that it is "a gift that is wildly out of control". I sometimes refer to the effect as a "quantum magnet"... make of that what you will. Be nice if I just had a freaking instruction manual for this stuff... bah.

Dunno if I'm explaining any of this properly at all. But I dont know how else to put it. So much that I dont know.

hey l like this rock and roll post- peeps just discussing the truly intangibles of life without the judgements........

I've noticed that this forum is really good at that.

Oddity of human thought and attempts to interpret it is ancient.

The Greeks felt there were daimons (δαίμων) which could alter behaviour. The word has been wrongly translated as god. They had other words for gods. It is the origin of the word demon, and yet they were not always bad. Socrates felt he had one which warned him not to do things, but never gave him other advice. Even gods could be swayed by a δαίμων and Hera in the Iliad is described as δαιμονίη (fem. vocative adjective of δαιμόνιος) by Zeus. The Romans had the same idea and it was called a person's Genius (pronounced "gen-yus" . Marcus Aurelius was sure he had one. Brutus was described as being under the influence of one.

To me, I see this as the origins of deliberating with oneself, the sprouting of consciousness. When people did things or thought things they could not understand, they (some) assumed it was from outside, not inside. As the written language increased, I suspect there were more and more words circulating in peoples' heads.

I do not believe it is exterior to us. If this were outside of us, the experiences would be more even for all people. But the wealthy and connected who espouse this idea of exterior forces or at least meaning something connected (like Jung) always seem to see the positives about it because it's in their own minds which are healthy and socially connected.

Those who are living in jails or impoverished or who have higher rates of dysfunction seem to have less than stellar synchronicities. Cite sources if I am wrong.

Once in a while you get a story about a guy who meditated on getting out of jail or something and lo and behold the governor pardons him. But not usually. Probably ALL of them are meditating on it....Whereas most of the well known and connected proponents of synchronicity, like the philosophers, have a voice and they colour it with vivid and exciting hues.

I had very high levels of synchronicity and still do. It's very annoying. At first I did feel it "meant something" and was led by it. Either nothing happened or -sometimes- I tied it into a religious experience and it was not good, never leading anywhere and sometimes dangerous.

I've had my share of others trying to square that circle for their own peace and pepper me with accusations of not listening or obeying or other such dross, but that's ridiculous and unhelpful.

I tend to have friends with this phenomenon. When we link together it can be anything from extraordinary to totally annoying to dangerous. But it's never gone anywhere special.

I had a friend with especially active and excessive synchronicity and it led him all over the place into terrible situations he could not account for. I also saw some of these experiences which were right off the chart of normal, even looking in as an outsider. He ended up suiciding. It all drove him mad and made me reconsider many things because he was my dearest friend.

I am sure he had masses of neurons which helped him to notice and be drawn to things he was studying or thinking about, but because he was troubled, it was a torment. What he needed was to have safe place to live, not some chance meeting with a man who was working on his PhD in the same kind of strange and obscure physics my friend had recently taken an interest in. Over and over and over, similar things.......

He thought it was all a helper but then he came to see ------what good is a strange and chance occurrence when you need all the things people need.....food, shelter, love, respect, decency......It all looks so good on paper to all the rest of us. How cute. The gods sent you a grasshopper to cheer you right when you were thinking of one. Oh, but nothing to help you live your life. Sorry.

In the end, I have to conclude that some of us have masses of neurons that work like antennae and they see things others don't. I do, in fact, have 3 copies of a specific gene that codes for neurons. I only know this because I was lucky enough to get to a research geneticist, but if I had not, I might still be wondering "What The Heck?!"

Because it is not something I can control, and because I have such high levels of trauma, there is nothing I can do with what may have been a gift. And I do think it would have been a gift but it is in my brain, not extraneous from it and means nothing at this point.

The answer is in neuroscience. It may not be able to help yet, but it can give answers.

Oddity of human thought and attempts to interpret it is ancient.

The Greeks felt there were daimons (δαίμων) which could alter behaviour. The word has been wrongly translated as god. They had other words for gods. It is the origin of the word demon, and yet they were not always bad. Socrates felt he had one which warned him not to do things, but never gave him other advice. Even gods could be swayed by a δαίμων and Hera in the Iliad is described as δαιμονίη (fem. vocative adjective of δαιμόνιος) by Zeus. The Romans had the same idea and it was called a person's Genius (pronounced "gen-yus" . Marcus Aurelius was sure he had one. Brutus was described as being under the influence of one.

To me, I see this as the origins of deliberating with oneself, the sprouting of consciousness. When people did things or thought things they could not understand, they (some) assumed it was from outside, not inside. As the written language increased, I suspect there were more and more words circulating in peoples' heads.

I do not believe it is exterior to us. If this were outside of us, the experiences would be more even for all people. But the wealthy and connected who espouse this idea of exterior forces or at least meaning something connected (like Jung) always seem to see the positives about it because it's in their own minds which are healthy and socially connected.

Those who are living in jails or impoverished or who have higher rates of dysfunction seem to have less than stellar synchronicities. Cite sources if I am wrong.

Once in a while you get a story about a guy who meditated on getting out of jail or something and lo and behold the governor pardons him. But not usually. Probably ALL of them are meditating on it....Whereas most of the well known and connected proponents of synchronicity, like the philosophers, have a voice and they colour it with vivid and exciting hues.

I had very high levels of synchronicity and still do. It's very annoying. At first I did feel it "meant something" and was led by it. Either nothing happened or -sometimes- I tied it into a religious experience and it was not good, never leading anywhere and sometimes dangerous.

I've had my share of others trying to square that circle for their own peace and pepper me with accusations of not listening or obeying or other such dross, but that's ridiculous and unhelpful.

I tend to have friends with this phenomenon. When we link together it can be anything from extraordinary to totally annoying to dangerous. But it's never gone anywhere special.

I had a friend with especially active and excessive synchronicity and it led him all over the place into terrible situations he could not account for. I also saw some of these experiences which were right off the chart of normal, even looking in as an outsider. He ended up suiciding. It all drove him mad and made me reconsider many things because he was my dearest friend.

I am sure he had masses of neurons which helped him to notice and be drawn to things he was studying or thinking about, but because he was troubled, it was a torment. What he needed was to have safe place to live, not some chance meeting with a man who was working on his PhD in the same kind of strange and obscure physics my friend had recently taken an interest in. Over and over and over, similar things.......

He thought it was all a helper but then he came to see ------what good is a strange and chance occurrence when you need all the things people need.....food, shelter, love, respect, decency......It all looks so good on paper to all the rest of us. How cute. The gods sent you a grasshopper to cheer you right when you were thinking of one. Oh, but nothing to help you live your life. Sorry.

In the end, I have to conclude that some of us have masses of neurons that work like antennae and they see things others don't. I do, in fact, have 3 copies of a specific gene that codes for neurons. I only know this because I was lucky enough to get to a research geneticist, but if I had not, I might still be wondering "What The Heck?!"

Because it is not something I can control, and because I have such high levels of trauma, there is nothing I can do with what may have been a gift. And I do think it would have been a gift but it is in my brain, not extraneous from it and means nothing at this point.

The answer is in neuroscience. It may not be able to help yet, but it can give answers.
Sorry your dear friend committed suicide.
What do you mean by this?

I remember something I heard recently, from... oh I have no idea who. It might have been on this forum.

I'm not good at quoting exact words, but the line went something like this: "People often just dont whatsoever believe in the supernatural, up until the moment when it happens to them."

At this point, I rather firmly believe this is correct, due to experiences on my part. Well, due to ENOUGH experiences on my part. If something only happened once or twice, logically, it could be coincidence or whatever. But... well... I dont want to go into detail, but when lightning strikes the same spot 500 times in a row, even if I WAS the totally skeptical sort, even then I'd have to acknowledge that something funky was happening.

But also:

Aye, this has been my thought for a long time now. But not just because of experiences... also because of observation. Observation of how supposedly "scientific" individuals act. There is a LOT of bias among people that claim to be all about science. Show something to them that is a bit weird, and there's *immediate* derision, laughter, and it gets tossed out the window without thought. What kind of dipwad scientist does things like that? I've often found this sort of behavior absolutely baffling. And it's not just "supernatural" stuff... when other scientists propose something odd based on their experiments, even if it turns out that they were CORRECT, other members of the scientific community will first react with "LOL you're an idiot, here's why, blibberdy blabberdy BLAH". It all rather gives me a headache to watch supposedly logical people behave the way many of them do.

And here's something from one of the Dresden books... there's a scene, near the end of the book, taking place after a big battle involving all sorts of supernatural elements inside this building. Dresden comments on the situation, saying something like "I guarantee you, the paper tomorrow will label the damage and death in that building as the result of a gas leak". To which another character replies "But that's stupid!" And Dresden says "It's life. The last thing the twenty-first century wants to admit is that it might not know everything."

What I'm saying is: Dont go and dismiss your own thoughts on stuff like this. Instead, approach the topic and any related "situations" very carefully, and take real time to think about and consider the whole thing from different angles. DONT jump to conclusions in either direction, and also DONT just toss out any particular theory or idea you might have... learn as much as you can, and continue on. Your beliefs and thoughts on different matters are what they are, and who knows... you just might be correct on them, regardless of what anyone else says. A lot of the self-described "smart" people out there seriously arent as bright as they think they are... never forget that.

...Also dont bother arguing with anyone on the topic. It never goes anywhere. BUT, also be careful of dealing with others who might be quick to just ASSUME that such-and-such supernatural thing is correct, as they're no better.

Anyway, just my thoughts on that aspect of this topic. I have a TON of free time to ponder this stuff even if it does frankly scare me a bit.

Also a Harry Dresden fan.

I have Schizotypal diagnosis in addition to Autism and ADHD.

I can tell you this. The Bible helps answer that question.

New Threads

Top Bottom