• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am I telepathic or schizophrenic?

Skittlebisquit

Just keep trying, victory brings glory
V.I.P Member
What if there is this cummulative information matrix that is just below my conscious awareness, and it is composed of insight, intuition, and conjecture?

It could be that there is a ready explanation for some types of psychic phenomena, and its just that, unconscious information, that my feral inner child presents to me as tactical information, with a sugary frosting of "spooky magic" on top so i will pay attention to something important.

Well if i really am crazy enough to talk to the cat? (she is fine, btw, kinda sleepy and wants a snack) Would i be able to differentiate between an hallucinatory experience and a "real" intuition?

Its a wierd world, to be sure. None of us know all of even a small part of all there is to know. Belief in magic is so widespread as to be nearly universal. I have seen some amazing things, and heard tales of many more.

Perhaps it is best not to judge, i am not any sort of expert anyways. Another more interesting what if on the topic is time dilation, or temporal phase alignment. If, as i am the same person who began writing this piece, just a few moments ago, then perhaps my present mind is linked somehow to my future one, and i am literally talking to myself, by sending myself a message back in time.

There is another option to explain "other" information. It is possible, that i am in communication with some supernatural entity, who is feeding me information, like a child playing music to an ant farm, only i am the only ant leaning on the glass, and so only i am recieving the distorted information.

Last edited:
So what i am reading in my current ab-psych self-study is that;
a delusion is a typ condition of shcizophrenia. A delusion is a fixed, false belief that resists being disproved. I believe in magic, telepathy, astral projection, trance mediums and lots of other silly things, but not all the time. That means its not a fixed belief right?

Last edited:
a delusion is a typ condition of shcizophrenia. A delusion is a fixed, false belief that resists being disproved. I believe in magic, telepathy, astral projection, trance mediums and lots of other silly things, but not all the time. That means its not a fixed belief right?

I thought fixed belief was a belief that you see as the absolute truth. So ex: Little voices l hear telling me to do things. The voices are of all the donuts l ate, it's them. So this belief is fixed because no matter what you tell me,(those voices aren't real), l only know it as donut voices, and you can't convince me of anything else. Of course donuts don't tell me anything but chocolate croissants do call me when l see them in the display. lol

Then my belief in magic is rational because the belief is exclusive and conditional, not fixed?

l think it depends on what fits into the realm of *rantional * but l am guessing- meaning l hold no degree in any of this. And there are some excellent forum peeps who can explain this.

I don't believe being exclusive and conditional determines whether or not it's rational. It's rational if there's credible evidence for its existence. I believe in God and Jesus and all that He did. One could easily label much of that as magic. It's simply a different title. What do you perceive as magic? What evidence led to your belief?

I think magic would have a specific and exclusive conditional definition. It could mean supernatural, or refer to the practice of the Old Religion, or sleight of hand, or done by unknown means. I think the term is too easily confused, and generalized.
I would say that the origins of christianity are certainly a story of magic

I don't believe being exclusive and conditional determines whether or not it's rational. It's rational if there's credible evidence for its existence. I believe in God and Jesus and all that He did. One could easily label much of that as magic. It's simply a different title. What do you perceive as magic? What evidence led to your belief?

In my case, I don't set the agenda, but it's never been inaccurate yet. What happened when Harley Street was watching is that I had a six-month heads-up on what was coming my way, so I noted the thinking, turned it into a viable structure, and put it on file. Six months later, the exact question, rather an important strategic one, comes my way at a very high level, so I dust off the plans and four hours later I'm presenting to a senior foreign dignitary. Six months work in four hours, that's impressive, deal done, an old mate from schooldays crosses my path, looking for a job. He's the UK's top expert in the area, and comes with MI5 bodyguards. So he's signed up, the thing's rolling, and I go back to sleep.

Now, I couldn't have dreamed that up. I don't have a cupboard full of prophecies just in case. Yes, it's related to telepathy, and empathy. The test is, does it come true? I don't set this agenda, it's covered in 2 Peter 1:20-21, some seers are self-powered and get it wrong. A classic was the collapse of Rome's "perpetual and universal" archiassociation of the Eucharist. A bunch of conspiracy theorists used numerology to get near - Google WEU Prophecy to see - but not near enough, because the Sisters were closely in contact with WEU at a number of points through normal scial interaction. I was actually given a team to give the thing a soft landing, having been jonahed in against my will when I was too modest to go. Some of the relationships went back 120 years! One mission visit to the Vatican and all's well. It's actually the rootstock of the Priory of Sion conspiracy theory which HBHG, da Vinci Code grafts rely on some hefty fact for credibility.

l think it depends on what fits into the realm of *rantional * but l am guessing- meaning l hold no degree in any of this. And there are some excellent forum peeps who can explain this.

That's a neurophysiological angle which interests me. My suggestion that we corrale perception of the intangible as transception's going down well, modern psychology's full of it, from Maslow's transpersonal onwards. Some of its active as well as passive, 3rd Sector medicine for example. The fact no physiological structures can be found to explain meridians, yet the auras they cause can be photographed (Kyrlian photography), shows we don't know it all. It's one of the components of Reiki.

If your definition of rational is control-freakery, then there may be issues. As we're puzzling our way through volition in quantum determinism, it's looking increasingly as if that old-school idea of the physical world is wrong. Carlo Rovelli's Helgoland covers this, if you've time to catch up.

Look up Schizotypal. I was diagnosed with it along with Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD.
As for magic. I believe in the old argument. It's simply knowledge we don't understand yet.

Ive been learning about schizotypal too, it may fit me, not sure. I think my goal in the ab psych study is to eliminate things from the field rather than attempt to self diagnose. ST(if we may) is like milder schizophrenia plus bi polar. It can also be with just depression symptoms and schizophrenic symptoms. So the person who has either of those three rarely knows that they have it, or seeks treatment. Apparently the symptoms can present in various combinations. Ive known schizo ppl before and they were pretty odd, noticably deranged, i guess its degenerative.

Concerning Magick, or Real Magick heres an interesting argument in favor of the existence of extra ordinary traits in mutant humans(shaman class)

Most modern folk have only ever been camping, and thats thier whole experience of natural living. True primitives from long ago needed to make almost all that they had, as there werent any stores. Supporting oneself off of hunting and gathering is very time consuming and takes alot of fuel(food, water) for the specialized workers doing the task. Its actually impossible, even if you start with modern tools and clothing and water purification and a pack and blankets and a shovel and anything else you could think of its still a death sentence, going out there and trying to stay alive. Have you ever made cordage?

Trying to find and kill enough meat to stay alive takes too much time. Its a 16 hour day, everyday. There would always be a calorie deficit. Magick is the only thing that makes sense, it is the missing variable. Ancient americans had supernatural insight, to locate the quary, to select what was edible, to learn the ways, etc

I'm not certain schizotypal's not a misunderstanding of our mentation. A complete dissociation of personae's one thing, the ability to consider different positions is another. Sure, it's incoherent with linear mentation, but who said linear logic's all it should be? Maths is full of complex modelling, from simultaneous equations through linear programming to chaos theory, and it's use of matrix maths has to develop from the current equality modelling into inequalities and probabilistic fields: this is what the first section of Rovelli's work needs to develop into.
Tom Hardy's observations on Residue are under great examination in the military at the moment, as traumatic memory from extreme experience is a residue not unlike an actor's incomplete doffing of a character built using Method techniques. And that's true of us as well, we're outside the norms protecting NTs, too. We're creating our own world models which are incongruent to social norms, because these are often outdated. The US policing model doesn't seem to have developed in the last 150 years, for example.
To what extent that adhesion and adoption of experiences is helpful is very much at issue. This, I think, is the nature of your broadened sense of schizoid, in that I can comprehend positions I don't adhere to personally. Indeed, Braeden Terpou's work on the Innate Alarm System shows our mentation has non-integrated systems inside it: we can find ourselves doing things reflexively our cognate systems are horrified at, because the IAS never goes near cognition, it's too fast.

Let me ammend that. Its impossible to do wilderness survival as a lifestyle. People who have the knack for it and alot of training can do it for a few weeks at a go but they often come back sick, malnourished, injured, etc

I'm not certain schizotypal's not a misunderstanding of our mentation. A complete dissociation of personae's one thing, the ability to consider different positions is another. Sure, it's incoherent with linear mentation, but who said linear logic's all it should be? Maths is full of complex modelling, from simultaneous equations through linear programming to chaos theory, and it's use of matrix maths has to develop from the current equality modelling into inequalities and probabilistic fields: this is what the first section of Rovelli's work needs to develop into.
Tom Hardy's observations on Residue are under great examination in the military at the moment, as traumatic memory from extreme experience is a residue not unlike an actor's incomplete doffing of a character built using Method techniques. And that's true of us as well, we're outside the norms protecting NTs, too. We're creating our own world models which are incongruent to social norms, because these are often outdated. The US policing model doesn't seem to have developed in the last 150 years, for example.
To what extent that adhesion and adoption of experiences is helpful is very much at issue. This, I think, is the nature of your broadened sense of schizoid, in that I can comprehend positions I don't adhere to personally. Indeed, Braeden Terpou's work on the Innate Alarm System shows our mentation has non-integrated systems inside it: we can find ourselves doing things reflexively our cognate systems are horrified at, because the IAS never goes near cognition, it's too fast.
Dumb it down, please. Are you just showing off or do you really think other people know what you are talking about? Can you ammeliorate your expression to a more plebian standard of language use without being patronising?

Rahere would you start a thread about all these books you have read,are some of them articles? Like a bibliography sort of but with a brief description. Most genius types dont make any sense because they assume a shared knowledge base, it a fine line to tread

New Threads

Top Bottom