• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Adult Mentors with AS?

csanon

Does anyone know how to find adult mentors with AS who can share advice of how they dealt with the struggles of careers, relationships, etc., in a one-on-one fashion?

About me: I am in my early thirties, was diagnosed with autism at age 2, but had lots of treatment growing up, and my major symptoms subsided by adolescence. Since then, I've gone on to make a few life-long friends, as well as complete college and graduate school. However, I still struggle in many aspects of relationships, and have been let go from two jobs in the last year, at least in part due to symptoms which I now realize are from AS. Going through this process has been mind-blowing to say the least. It's like being diagnosed all over again.

That said, I think that having such a mentor could really help give me perspective on where to go from here.

It sounds like you'd make a pretty good mentor yourself!
If your female, they're are some pretty wise women over at Autism Women Network (AWN).
Maybe try checking out your local autism advocacy group?
What is your degree in? It might be more helpful talking to someone (probably NT) who has worked in the same field as you .

New Threads

Top Bottom