• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Most Random Truth!

I am amused when I consider starting a conversation on the shout box, then scroll down to discover I'm the only member on the forum.

So super moderators don't even show in the members online number, even if the name is hidden? STEALTH MODE! I am impressed mister mod ; )

What else did you think Super was for? A blue spandex suit and a red cape? :p

You don't see Clark Kent wear a cape either

So news posters are super moderators in disguise?

I think we need to be careful or Gomendosi will rouse on us for breaking the rules. Quick, think of a random truth!

Superman wears spandex, what do ninjas wear?

So news posters are super moderators in disguise?

I think we need to be careful or Gomendosi will rouse on us for breaking the rules. Quick, think of a random truth!

Superman wears spandex, what do ninjas wear?

Face masks made out of beards!

"Superman wears spandex, what do ninjas wear?"- Christy. Umm...Ninjex?

I used a body cream that has a strong scent & it caused me to have insomnia tonight!

The snow removal trucks were in front of my place at 4:00 am this morning and the buses started at 6:00.

I eat half a head of kale practically everyday in my smoothie and I'm still alive, so I think you are safe.
When I said you could overdose on kale, I actually was thinking of a larger amount than a daily half-head. Yeah, you can overdose on anything, but in the case of raw green vegetables, it would have to be a far larger amount than any normal person would actually eat.

It feels strange not being responsible all of a sudden, I don't know what to do now because looking after myself is what I was running away from all along.

Ok...

In 4th grade, while 10, I did a speed reading test and scored what I thought was pretty good compared to the rest of the class. The next week my mom and I was called to a meeting with my teacher, who had placed me on a speed reading chart he had made (which I remember kind of impressed me, maybe the teacher was an Aspie too lol). The score turned out to be slightly better than both John F. Kennedy's and Jimmy Carter's, who were both famously fast readers. He would therefore call me President each time addressing me to read loud for the class. I knew he wasn't being cruel or even facetious, but rather enjoyed that sort banter, and I also knew that it made the kids in class dislike me even more whenever I uttered a word.

At the time I was surely too young to understand any of it, I just knew I could read quite fast. Later when around 20 I did another speed reading test in pairing with three different IQ tests. The results scared me sh*tless and made all too self-conscious and unsure about myself. I've never before or after felt as isolated, alone and hopeless because of one single event.

I know - almost 20 years later - have a technique of reading which allows me to scan and comprehend the narrative in over 2000 words per minute. I think that this is slightly insane, and I somehow don't like reading because of it.

Somtimes I will still watch a music video for the story or sequence of events even though the music itself does nothing for me

Grrr, there are eleventeen bajillion flying ants swarming the lights out front, not that I counted, but by the end of my shift at least half this amount will be hitching rides on my customers or in their cars, while the rest will remain behind to litter my foyer until I broom them into the car park.

Today marks 6 years since I saw my favorite band Avenged Sevenfold in concert for the first time. Since then I have seen them twice more, all with different drummers. Today is also their rhythm guitarist's birthday. He's a lefty just like me! Happy birthday, Zacky! I will never forget Matt and Syn leading the crowd with a "happy birthday to you" :laugh:

Actual Nutrition Experts use cautious language such as "seems to" and "correlates" for instance "deficiencies in potassium seem to lead to high blood pressure" or "excessive sodium seems to correlate with high blood pressure".

Lay-people writing about diet theories on the internet that they espouse (which go against mainstream medical advice) use language of absolute certainty. "Such-and-such is healthy." "Such-and-such is bad for you."

New Threads

Top Bottom