• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

12 y.o. child sleeps with dive fins on his feet

I hate being wet so diving sounds like a personal hell. It's literally why I live in one the arid places on earth.

He sometimes likes to cuddle his fins as he would with a teddy bear.
He's as calm as if he put them at his feet.

At least he sleeps. Mine at that age had the hardest time. Still does some nights and he's 19 now.

Sounds harmless, and probably something he will soon enough grow out of, only for it to become a wonderful memory for you two to share the tales of when you both are older.:)

Just out of curiosity. I just tried going to bed with my flippers on and let's just say that it didn't go very well. First of all, it was very hard to roll and change sides in bed. If you tried, the tips of the flipper would snag into the blanket. Second, When I woke up, I had a very hard time getting them off my feet. They practically glued to my feet because my feet could not sweat in them.

First of all, it was very hard to roll and change sides in bed. If you tried, the tips of the flipper would snag into the blanket. Second, When I woke up, I had a very hard time getting them off my feet. They practically glued to my feet because my feet could not sweat in them.
It sounds like you're not fully committed... :p

I looked for my son's drawings of anthropomorphic diving fins on DeviantArt, for him to personalize his notebooks, but I did not find anything.

Do you know the Palmofoot ?
PalmoFoot.jpg

My child had a camping special interest, so we had a full size tent set up on the floor in her room and she slept in it for three years straight. It was great for slumber parties too.

One plus for this was her bed didn't wear out, her room was clean (the mess was in the tent), and as an aspie, she liked that it was nice and dim in the tent.

New Threads

Top Bottom