• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Zodiac and astrological signs

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
Are you guys into zodiac and astrological signs for dating? Do you specifically try to match yourself up based on these things, totally ignore it, or consider it but "go your own way" depending on who you "run into"?

Do you think being on the spectrum can complete the information one may be able to gather on this?

Also, it seems that some websites conflict each other somewhat for certain sign or sign combinations.

I used to be a little bit interested in it when I was young, I still have an unread book for Capricorn on my shelf. But as I got older I learnt that they don't really mean anything, I'm not actually a werewolf, the placement of the moon doesn't affect my personality or my emotions.

I'm okay with people saying what sign they're born under or what stone they're paired with as a kind of bit of information on you which is irrelevant like the colour of your eyes but when they start talking about "this month be careful with what you share with your friends because something you can't predict will later be detrimental to your friendships" or whatever then that's the time I switch off. It's just cold reading really, predictions that are vague enough to come true for any one of us.

but when they start talking about "this month be careful with what you share with your friends because something you can't predict will later be detrimental to your friendships" or whatever then that's the time I switch off. It's just cold reading really, predictions that are vague enough to come true for any one of us.

I'm the same. Every so often I may give my starsign a read in a magazine (pisces in case you wondered :p) mainly for a laugh, but other than that I don't put any stock in them whatsoever.

Considering my mate should be my mortal enemy by both the Western and Chinese zodiac, I don't put much stock into for dating purposes and I could care less what some random tip o' the day has to say. The natal chart was fascinating though, so now when I get some twit complaining about how stubborn I am, I just remind them I have six planets in Capricorn and they'd better just get used to it.

I'm a Scorpio, and I think it matters. I have had the best luck with people who are compatible with my sun sign. I'd like to say that there is always more to a romantic or friendly connection than just the basic sun sign. There are so many factors that go into compatibility, such as personality type, IQ, Love language, Natal chart, Chinese astrology, life experiences...

I'm a Scorpio, and I think it matters. I have had the best luck with people who are compatible with my sun sign. I'd like to say that there is always more to a romantic or friendly connection than just the basic sun sign. There are so many factors that go into compatibility, such as personality type, IQ, Love language, Natal chart, Chinese astrology, life experiences...

I feel like the signs could have an ounce of truth to them. Like, not that a relationship could never work out or will always work out, but probably more like with some people, a relationship is more likely to be easier to work out or to not work itself out if you are with said person.

I think there is some validity to it, but I generally don't care (unless you're Virgo...Virgos and Capricorns just irritate me so far). I actually follow the Chinese Zodiac more than the Western one, but I really don't look to either as the final authority in how a relationship is going to work out. With that said, I am a textbook Sagittarius and Year of the Dog, even though my body element is Earth...

I am Libra, I get very affectionate and willing to please someone, the zodiac signs regardless of me not being religious are brutally accurate when it comes to personality, I attend to attract scorpio women for some reason and I get attracted to them but that is probably my high libido, I would love a balanced gemini, aquarias, leo or another libra though. My libido is high so getting drawn to scorpios and lots of held back urges to be affectionate and not wear her out and scorpio can be clingy and i can handle that because I too can be clingy when i really like someone, most women get worn out and exhausted by it and dump me later but a scorp loves the affection, it pleases her and if she is not pleased she gets vengeful and nasty, she likes lots of closeness and a loyal partner as well as lots of........
*giggles* sex, but she is aggressive and likes to be dominant..oh my the sex is amazing.

Looks like an old thread got revived, so here goes nothing!

I probably have a stronger relationship with this than most. My mother is big into (western) Astrology, and it was almost as if it was the religion in our household. It turned out to be one of my first special interests, and lucky for me my mother had a small library of Astrology books.

And in perfect context to this thread, I became the relationship and personality guru of the family when it came to Astrology and natal charts. People used to come to me to ask "will so and so be a good match?" In hindsight it would have been interesting to record the results of my predictions, because the perception was I was almost always on point. But I've grown to be so much more scientifically minded that I look back at that and chuckle.

Now in my 30's I view it much more as a cute superstition that I've almost forgotten about, yet when push comes to shove and someone new comes along that may end up being important in my life, I can't help but go look up their natal chart.

As an aside, Sun sign matching is essentially useless. Anyone who actually knows Astrology knows its way more complex than that, just as human beings are.

With that said, I'd be lying if I didn't say I am very much a Pisces male (with the exception that I do not express emotion much - yet I am unusually sensitive).

Many NTs go for astrology so sometimes too hook up with an NT these days is via astrology,especially millennials and hipsters.

I'm a Gemini and I think astrology and zodiac signs are total bunk though they can be fun to play with. I would never take relationship advice or partnering based on the zodiac signs seriously.

NTs love the astrology stuff just play along with it and you can get sex if your not an asexual aspie, for s hypesexual aspies we have a window and potential for a long term partner.

Its an ancient, ancient, predictive science but yeah, plenty of wooh practioners simplifying it down to meaningless revenue-raising for themselves these days.

You can't really predict without full natal charts drawn and aspects, nodes, etcetera, charted and compared by a proper, trained and knowledgeable astrologer.

I would love to get mine and my partner's aspected and drawn (probably not the right terminology, I don't profess to be an Astrologer, myself, but I know enough about it to respect the craft, when practised well).

My guy is a very Libran Libran with a Mars in Leo, that shows itself, prominently, at times.

Luckily I am a strong Cappy woman with 5 planets in Sag, and we go together, very, very well. We are a mature Aspie pair, now though, I don't think the relationship would have worked when we were younger.

My last long term partner was a Scorpio, and, just like Linda Goodman says in her Lovers Signs book, we both struggled for power and dominance, it was not a combination for harmony, but in our prime we were a powerful duo, who fronted a band, performing in front of thousand's and were also very virile and produced 7 offspring.

My current partner and I are not supposed to be compatible, according to the Chinese simplified pop Astrology, being a Fire Horse (him) and a Water Rat (me) but, it must be true that Love Conquors All, or, that there is a lot more to that system, as well, because, like I said, we are very in.love and compatible, and it's a 9 years strong relationship.

Its pretty accurate when it comes to peoples personality types born certain times of the year on a general scale, a scientific explanation might be chemical reactions and biology in the brain during gestation, similar to how temperature affects the distribution of how many sea turtles and crocodilians are born in the ratio of male to female, but to simplify things they use gods and magic and planets instead.

Its pretty accurate when it comes to peoples personality types born certain times of the year on a general scale, a scientific explanation might be chemical reactions and biology in the brain during gestation, similar to how temperature affects the distribution of how many sea turtles and crocodilians are born in the ratio of male to female, but to simplify things they use gods and magic and planets instead.

Its interesting you mention that. I've always been mildly irritated when people say, "it's not a science." And my response has always been, "Well yeah, because nobody is funding it and treating it like a science. But it absolutely could be explored like any other science if it was treated as such." Much in the same way we form other methodologies of understanding human behavior, Astrology could have been treated with the same respect. But alas, its treated culturally as "woo woo magic."

Its interesting you mention that. I've always been mildly irritated when people say, "it's not a science." And my response has always been, "Well yeah, because nobody is funding it and treating it like a science. But it absolutely could be explored like any other science if it was treated as such." Much in the same way we form other methodologies of understanding human behavior, Astrology could have been treated with the same respect. But alas, its treated culturally as "woo woo magic."
But hey, what do i know? Im just the typicall hyperintellectual Libra who happens to be flirtatious and easy going nature.

New Threads

Top Bottom