• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your "to read" list

I was also thinking I want to get through the Similarion by Tolken I don't think I spelled that correctly but i keep trying to get through it I just can't. Its alot about how the worlds became and who begot who and sometimes I get really tired of listings of who begot so and so. But I wanna try.

I was also thinking I want to get through the Similarion by Tolken I don't think I spelled that correctly but i keep trying to get through it I just can't. Its alot about how the worlds became and who begot who and sometimes I get really tired of listings of who begot so and so. But I wanna try.

There are very mixed feelings about that book. Some think it's Tolkien's masterpiece; others think it's a boring hunk of ****. Maybe you just happen to fall in the latter category? If you're not gaining enjoyment from it, just move onto something else . . . like Harry Potter (again). :D

There are very mixed feelings about that book. Some think it's Tolkien's masterpiece; others think it's a boring hunk of ****. Maybe you just happen to fall in the latter category? If you're not gaining enjoyment from it, just move onto something else . . . like Harry Potter (again). :D

Yes I agree but it took me two tries to make it through the Stand so I am sure that I can make it through that too someday. Heh no no I am reading the book before the book I just bought again so that when it gets here on Tuesday I can jump right in wheee.

Though I am gonna finish all the Harry Potters again. I do so love them I find something new every time. a subtle funny that I missed.

I just added this Tolkien collection to my E-reader:

600full-cover.jpg

Four classic tales from the author of THE HOBBIT

The fat and unheroic Farmer Giles of Ham is called upon to do battle with the dragon Chrysophylax: Niggle the painter sets out to paint the perfect tree: Hobbits, princesses, dwarves and trolls partake in the adventures of Tom Bombadil: and Smith of Wootton Major journeys to the land of Faery via the magical ingredients of a giant cake.

This definitive collection of J.R.R.Tolkien's acclaimed short stories and poems reaffirms his status as a master storyteller for readers young and old.

51%2BUhxPiCzL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

This book. All it matters to all East Asians and ballers. A fight against prejudice (against East Asians ballers in a African American dominated scene) and perceived misconception (that all East Asians are nerds). A celebration of meritocracy that Mike D'Antoni preached in his mere month with Jeremy Lin. A reappraisal of value - why one man can bring more victories than two big men in the league?

I wished the author had been me :p

But this book expounds the thought that Jeremy Lin is not our average Wang Chien-Ming or Yao Ming, he's not even Hines Ward, Yani Tseng, Tiger Woods (a part-Thai/Chinese himself) or Liu Xiang - he's very similar to Michael Chang and Tim Tebow, though - with strong Christian influences.

It's a pity he got injured too fast, too soon. Otherwise, he'd have redefined success in NBA even further. He'd be the Tim Tebow, Hines Ward and Bill Bradley combined in the NBA.

I've always had books I wanted to read. Long reading-queues for years; I always plan what I want to read next whenever it is for my own leisure. This is my queue, at least as it extends itself into the summer of this year:

(1) Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain

(2) The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan

(3) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen by Harold McGee

(4) Euthyphro by Plato

(5) The Great War for Civilisation by Robert Fisk

(6) The Odyssey: A Modern Sequel by Nikos Kazantzakis

In addition, I will be reading all of these books in my sophomore year of the St. John's experience: St. John’s College | Academic Program | The Reading List

I don't normally making reading lists these days, because I tend to pick what I feel like reading. Sometimes I make piles, but then end up reading something else or only reading half the pile. When I was a child, I did make piles because I got most of my books from the library (and so you had to pick what you took home). I do enjoy making a pile, the past weekend I've participated in a read-a-thon (where you read a lot in a certain time frame) and I enjoyed making the pile for this.

Currently, my pile includes:
George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire 1: A Game of Thrones (currently reading)
Susan R. Lisman and Karla Dougherty - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for Dummies (currently reading, after this I'll read another For Dummies book)

Nicholas Sparks - The Wedding (June read from a book group I'm sort of in)
Garth Stein - The Art of Racing in the Rain
Banana Yoshimoto - Hardboiled Hard Luck

Aesop - Aesop's Fables
Charles Dickes - Oliver Twist
Gaston Leroux - The Phantom of the Opera

Sara Shepard - Pretty Little Liars 1: Pretty Little Liars

James Clemens - The Banned & The Banished 1: Wit'ch Fire (re-read)
David B. Coe - The Chronicles of Lontobyn 1: Children of Amarid (re-read)

Stephen King - It

A few QuickReads books

Britain BC by Francis Pryor
The Ancient Celts by Barry Cunliffe
Fire and Steam by Christian Wolmar
Urban Legends by Thomas J Craughwell

(1) The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership: Achieving and Sustaining Excellence Through Leadership Development by Jeffrey K. Liker
(2) Business Analysis and Leadership: Influencing Change by Penny Pullan
(3) Unaccountable: How the Accounting Profession Forfeited a Public Trust by Mike Brewster
(4) Blah Blah Blah: What To Do When Words Don't Work by Dan Roam
(5) The Smartest Guys in the Room: The Amazing Rise and Scandalous Fall of Enron by Bethany McLean
(6) Final Accounting: Ambition, Greed and the Fall of Arthur Andersen by Barbara Ley Toffler
(7) Conspiracy of Fools: A True Story by Kurt Eichenwald
(8) Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing by Harry Beckwith
(9) Aligning the Stars: How to Succeed When Professionals Drive Results by Jay W. Lorsch and Thomas J. Tierney

Hmm, I don't read a whole lot, but I've really been wanting to read "It" by Stephen King and "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.

New Threads

Top Bottom