• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favorite videogames of all-time?

SOCOM I and II were the only games I played back when PS2 was the thing. On PC the best game IMO was Battlefield 1942. I probably logged hundreds of hours into both of those games. Now I play so much I can't play them all very often. Also, the Metal Gear series was the most glorious series to be written and created.

My all time fav videogames are:
Harry Potter (all 8)
Myst
Riven
Exile

Childhood games:
Oregon Trail
Midnight Rescue
Pandora's box

Mine are:

Donkey Kong Countries 2&3
Pokemon Silver
Spyro - The year of the Dragon
Spyro - A Hero's tale
The Sims 2 (with pets expansion)
Croc 2
Commander Keen
Zelda - OOT
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for PS2
Chrono Trigger
Yoshi's Island

Okay okay, I've got lots of favorites as video games are one of my obsessions :X

I can remember being hooked on a series that started with "Shining In The Darkness" and went on to "Shining Force" and "Shining Force II".
These were all on the Megadrive and they were traditional RPG's
This was back when you could phone a hotline to get tips on how to play and mother hit the roof because of the phone bill on account of playing those games! Until I got her hooked on those games as well hehehe

I can remember being hooked on a series that started with "Shining In The Darkness" and went on to "Shining Force" and "Shining Force II".
These were all on the Megadrive and they were traditional RPG's
This was back when you could phone a hotline to get tips on how to play and mother hit the roof because of the phone bill on account of playing those games! Until I got her hooked on those games as well hehehe

SEGA?! RIGHT?! *flails arms* Good lord. Brings back memories of my Sonic the Hedgehog days.

Truth be told, if I had made this list a year or so ago it would be a lot longer. I use to love A LOT of video games but now only a few still stand out as enjoyable for me. Chrono Trigger is my favorite console rpg but I don't feel like ever playing through it again. FF6 was my favorite FF. Here are my favorite (video)games of all time:

Shining Force 2 - best srpg ever in my opinion. FFT is fun but its way too limiting in my opinion and I like the style of games like SF2 and Fire Emblem more. I also think Tactics Ogre is superior gameplay wise to Tactics, but its still of the best FF games.
Demon Souls & Dark Souls
Ace Combat 4, 5 and Zero - best light sim arcade style jet games ever. 6 was fun but inferior to the PS2 games and Assault Horizon, while fun (great music, beautiful graphics) was obviously trying to appeal to a new type of crowd. The gunner and AC-130 sections were STUPID.
Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals- best story and units, the sequel is close behind it. The new 3ds game looks great!
Silent Hill 1,2, and 3- Arguably the last survival horror games ever. The Room was alright, I could just never finish it. Silent Hill as a series is long dead to me.
Starcraft - this includes the original, brood war and the sequel SC2. The only blizz IP I'm still interested in.
Pok?mon RBY - I love the whole series to a lesser extent but the first games were the best. I like many of the new Pok?mon but RB will always be what I think of when Pok?mon is mentioned.
Heretic and Hexen - my favorite Doom Clones ever, very fun games with great music and cool levels.
Might and Magic Series- I've played some of Mandate of Heaven and Darkside of Xeen but my real love is for the Heroes series, mainly 3. I love strategy games!
Devil Survivor - I rate this game over FFT. Honestly, I've played a lot of strategy games and this is STILL my favorite, trailing only behind Shining Force 2.

Honorable mention goes to the Shin Megami Tensei Series. They are challenging, but fun games full of awesome occult and mythological figures and the stories are always cool.

Wow... great thread. I haven't read all entries but I'm sure I'm gonna find many of my favorites games in it. I'm more of a PC gamer, console doesn't do it for me, tho I loved metroid a lot on Wii. I'm currently playing EVE Online and Battlefield 3, cuz I got bored of playing against the PC and wanted some multiplayer action.

Silent Hill
Dead Space
MGS Series
God of War Series
Bioshock
Zelda OOT, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess (underrated)
Mirror's Edge
SSBM

Final Fantasy 9, Minecraft, Portal 1&2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Call of Duty: Black Ops (for zombies)

Final Fantasy 9, Minecraft, Portal 1&2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Call of Duty: Black Ops (for zombies)

Oh yes... forgot Minecraft... I have my minecraft server running here at home, I have my character, my son has his and my daughter has hers.

Oh yes... forgot Minecraft... I have my minecraft server running here at home, I have my character, my son has his and my daughter has hers.

Is this an online server!? If so I would love to join it and build a bit

Last edited:
I'm more of a PC gamer, console doesn't do it for me

same here. though racing games i would rather play on a console. for the most part all games i play are on PC. i have tried FPS games on a console before and just can't seem to get the hang of it. i need my keyboard and mouse to actually shoot things. before i gave up, i got so completely frustrated because i was gaming with some friends and died like every two seconds.

In the past i have played Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 2, one of the Dooms (can't remember which right now), Wolfenstine: Enemy Territory (wish i still had a copy, loved that game!!) Unreal Tournament but wasn't much for the modern or futuristic FPS video games. I do want to try Battlefield 3 though as well as Homefront. I need to get a better PC before it will run. the PC i am playing on now barely runs CoD: United Offensive.

Last edited:
Excitebike!

2010-12-05_MA_Excitebike.png

I've had lots of others that I've loved, most recently WoW, but this was the best one.

New Threads

Top Bottom