• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Strive to change, someone updated to current times/scientific beliefs is even better than knowledge, open-mindedness, consideration of others, rooting in reality.
Honesty, relaxedness, I'll do my best to offer people calm of mind when with me.

I recently read it's best to not argue at all just agree to disagree, because when in an argumentative state people enter fight or flight and can no longer see points logically, more so they're trying to win, it's like a win or lose game/war. This being said, I value not being argumentative and knowing when to stop a debate, and rather just discuss calmly with consideration of the other. Arguments eat at trust and closeness and don't help.

Honesty. Everything else flows from that. If someone is dishonest, I'm not going to spend any time with them.

Honesty. Everything else flows from that. If someone is dishonest, I'm not going to spend any time with them.

That's interesting, I had identical thoughts in relation to kindness. Kindness informs all other traits. Kindness will tell you when to be honest and when to refrain. Some might think of kindness as an indiscriminate positivity and delusional happiness, but sometimes the kind thing to do is to tell someone something that does hurt their feelings in that moment--which is all to say that kindness on a macro level is true kindness, as opposed to the micro which will add up to piles of falsehoods, confusion and excuses.

But honesty as the primary trait sounds, to me, like it would result in unnecessary cruelty, negativity, and loneliness, but maybe I'm thinking of it in the wrong way.

It really depends on my relation to the person.
Like things I look for most in people who I expect/want in a friendship is confidence and loyalty.
For strangers it would be kindness and for them to just leave me alone.

Kindness.

The ability to hear an opinion that differs from yours without judgment.

Humility :)

Patience,.

A willingness to listen.

Someone who can put themselves second yet still respect themselves.

As is echoed throughout this thread; kindness. Also those who appreciate and understand the weirder, darker sides to life; dark humour, especially. Actually that's just something I might like to have in common with some people... not sure that counts, is a bit too specific... anyway...

I think an incredible quality some have is acceptance and understanding for all kinds of people; unconditional acceptance and empathy, including for those who have done seriously wrong things. That's pretty impressive, and ultimately helpful regarding rehabilitation for example.

Honesty, consistency and dependability. I really could care less how much of a jerk they are or pretend to be, those traits alone will more than make up for it.

New Threads

Top Bottom