• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Brain Type--E-S theory

Also systemizer, empathy 2 and systemizing 5. Somehow i don't see myself as a systemizer either though.

And i am not sure about the empathy. I have high empathy for certain kind of people, and not enough for others.

And i am not sure about the empathy. I have high empathy for certain kind of people, and not enough for others.

And perhaps I should define what Baron-Cohen means by empathy in this context. It is cognitive empathy, the ability to read minds and respond in social contexts. He does not mean affective empathy, understanding people's feeling because of what they are experiencing. Cognitive empathy also is the ability to use this mind reading to also deceive others.

Does anyone else get server errors when they try to do this? I've tried a few times and can never access the test- it always tells me it cannot connect to the server (my internet connection is fine).

Not sure the issue. Do you have a popup blocker or something that might be preventing the test from launching? Bit of a mystery.

Not sure the issue. Do you have a popup blocker or something that might be preventing the test from launching? Bit of a mystery.

Several lol. It did occur to me that those could be the cause. The popup I get says "we can't connect to our servers" which suggests that the issue is on the test end, not my end, but who knows? I'll try an incognito window.

Incognito window worked! Here are my results:

Your Empathy score (EQ): 1

Most females score 6 to 16.
Most males score 4 to 15.
If you score 0 to 4 you are low on empathy, and if you score 16 to 20 you score high on empathy.

Your Systemizing score (SQ): 7

Mot females score 2 to 9.
Most males score 3 to 11.
If you score 0 to 3 you are low in your systemizing drive, and if you score 12 to 20, you are high on your systemizing drive.

Your brain type classification: Type S

Your Empathy score (EQ): 4
Your Systemizing score (SQ): 3
Your brain type classification: Type B

THis does not feel quite right, certainly on the systemisation aspect. I do a lot of systemisation, but I found the questions focussed on the immediate systemisation, whereas I tend to systematise once I have gathered enough info to be able to make a system.

The questions were well framed so that I had to think whether the positive or the negative answer was the right one.

New Threads

Top Bottom