• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"You look lost!"

That's so funny! I was at the HOA meeting once and I was sitting across from this woman I know and she had this sparkly shirt on that I was just completely transfixed! I knew I wasn't going to stop looking at it, so I just came out and told her "I know it looks like I'm staring at your chest, but I'm really looking at the design on your shirt." It's not like she had anything to flaunt anyway. :rolleyes:

If it's a social faux pas, why do women wear t-shirts with writing across the chest that you're gonna read automatically, then get a dirty look?
I had an aggressive encounter with a womans partner when he caught me studying the tattoo on her lower back as she was bent over at a checkout :rolleyes:
Should I ask if I can look first, or does that seem a bit creepy? o_O

If it's a social faux pas, why do women wear t-shirts with writing across the chest that you're gonna read automatically, then get a dirty look?
I had an aggressive encounter with a womans partner when he caught me studying the tattoo on her lower back as she was bent over at a checkout :rolleyes:
Should I ask if I can look first, or does that seem a bit creepy? o_O

Oh, so much the bane of my life... both those things. Hang pretty jewellery in a cleavage, I will look, T-shirts saying '100% real' across a pair of boobs and I look, and a tattoed sacrum, shoot me now :)

Confession time.

I was at a dinner party last year, one lady was going on about her 'boob job' and as a result I couldn't take my eyes off the aforementioned articles. It reached a point where she actually said 'Would you like to see them' in a sarcastic tone that went right over my head. So I just said 'If you wouldn't mind'. Of course, most people in the room knew I was an aspie so they nearly choked laughing which just made it worse.

I'm smiling and clapping like a happy sea lion! Lol seriously...

I felt bad about my incident for months and months! I feel so much better to know that I'm not alone.

Now another confession:

I have a hard time making eye contact and as a result I end up staring at crotches, boobs, teeth... *sigh*

Oh, so much the bane of my life... both those things. Hang pretty jewellery in a cleavage, I will look, T-shirts saying '100% real' across a pair of boobs and I look, and a tattoed sacrum, shoot me now :)

Is that "eye tic" thing you have happening at the same time that you're looking at these "dohickeys"?
(Just wondering) :p

This has happened to me many times, too. Sometimes it is really embarrassing because when I come out of my revery, I realize some woman thinks I am staring at her husband and she is giving me dirty looks.:oops:

I'm smiling and clapping like a happy sea lion! Lol seriously...

I felt bad about my incident for months and months! I feel so much better to know that I'm not alone.

Now another confession:

I have a hard time making eye contact and as a result I end up staring at crotches, boobs, teeth... *sigh*

Lol, I end up looking at boobs, crotches, etc because I am thinking about the person's clothes or I am noticing the variety of body types out there. I'm not feeling anything sexual, just more of a curiousity in the variety of morphologies out there because I think it is so cool how different everyone looks. I also look at random body parts because they just happen to be in the way of my gaze when I'm thinking.

With eye contact, I look at their foreheads or right between their eyes. Or I look in the direction of their eyes, but I "unfocus" my eyes, I don't know if that makes sense.

With eye contact, I look at their foreheads or right between their eyes. Or I look in the direction of their eyes, but I "unfocus" my eyes, I don't know if that makes sense.

Makes total sense. ;)

Sometimes I wish could "unfocus" everything.

Lol, I end up looking at boobs, crotches, etc because I am thinking about the person's clothes or I am noticing the variety of body types out there. I'm not feeling anything sexual, just more of a curiousity in the variety of morphologies out there because I think it is so cool how different everyone looks. I also look at random body parts because they just happen to be in the way of my gaze when I'm thinking.

LOL. me too!

Am also guilty of zoning out, only to return and find my eyes gazing somewhere they shouldn't be - usually due to some pattern, ornament or text planted there.
Drifting off topic... One of my favourite activities, especially in boring meetings, is to do the 'magic eye' thing with any patterns around me - commonly with textiles but any repeating pattern will do.

Last edited:
Not happened to me,, but that is because, I am too aware of people when I am out; too self conscious. However, perhaps I do look out of it, because I am truly myself at home and hubby has often said: hey, you ok, you seem to not be here?

Then again, I do live in France, and people just do not really care, unless they know you well.

I am also a smiler and laugh really easily and I do get tons of smiles aimed at me.

When I am at my worst, I just do not wish to see humans at all!

Magic eye? I'm curious..

Another thing that I do when I'm zoning out is to count the corners of everything. I find corners and shapes with partterns.

New Threads

Top Bottom