• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Yet another reason to hate my aunt.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I went to get a library card since I had yet to get one in the area I currently live in. It turned out that not only did I already have an account with that library system for the last three decades, I also had over $500 worth of fines that needed to be paid. What happened was my aunt fraudulently made an account with my personal info when I was a young child, then she checked out a bunch of Barney videos for her one year old son and never returned them.

She is such a trash person.

I got sent a court summons once, from Queensland. At that stage I had never been to Queensland but it was serious charges.

Drink Driving
Abusive Language
Assault an Officer
Resist Arrest
Escape Custody
Theft Auto
Damage to Government Property

It was my brother using my name, little bastard. It was just lucky that at the time I was working at Advertiser Newspapers in Adelaide and I had clock cards to prove that I could not have possibly been in Queensland at that time.

This is why gangs do so well in America, because so many children feel used and spit out by their families. I never had any security from my family, but l have moved on. But l have been screwed by so called friends also. Some of us walk a alone path.

I went to get a library card since I had yet to get one in the area I currently live in. It turned out that not only did I already have an account with that library system for the last three decades, I also had over $500 worth of fines that needed to be paid. What happened was my aunt fraudulently made an account with my personal info when I was a young child, then she checked out a bunch of Barney videos for her one year old son and never returned them.

She is such a trash person.
I don´t know how it is in your country, but when you really have to pay that, then maybe tell them that it´s the fault of your aunt? because in this time, you was a child, so it´s not even possible that you was that?

in germany mostly you have to show your pass when you apply for something.

it is so easy to steal the identity in the US?

could I just go somewhere and say "I´m metalhead", then you get a bill? what the hell? is it really that unsecure?

and why can you made an account for an young child and borrow something in the name of a young child? I not understand that : D

I once heard that you only need the social security card number in the US to steal someone´s identity. is that true?

Last edited:
I don´t know how it is in your country, but when you really have to pay that, then maybe tell them that it´s the fault of your aunt? because in this time, you was a child, so it´s not even possible that you was that?

in germany mostly you have to show your pass when you apply for something.

it is so easy to steal the identity in the US?

could I just go somewhere and say "I´m metalhead", then you get a bill? what the hell? is it really that unsecure?

and why can you made an account for an young child and borrow something in the name of a young child? I not understand that : D

I once heard that you only need the social security card number in the US to steal someone´s identity. is that true?
She took me to the library when I was 11 and got me a card I could use in her county. Then she kept the card and abused it herself. Yeah, the librarians should have known something was up when she kept on raking up fines and not returning things under both mine and my sister’s name since she did the same thing to her too here.

Just a couple of curious questions about libraries in the US.

Are they government owned and operated?
Are they free?

I've met a lot of different people from all over the world and most of them are pretty amazed by our library system. It is in fact just one library with many branches all over the country. They archive everything, every book, every movie, every newspaper, every TV show, every music CD, every magazine. And all available to any Australian for free.

Due to copyright and license restrictions some publications can only be viewed in the library but most stuff is available for a two week loan.

I have heard of mothers taking their children's social security number and ruining their credit before they even had a job.

Perhaps approach the library and explain the situation and ask them to forgive the amount owed.

I have heard of mothers taking their children's social security number and ruining their credit before they even had a job.

Perhaps approach the library and explain the situation and ask them to forgive the amount owed.
Yeah, I did see in my credit report that there was a card in my name when I was one year of age, but I do not know anything more about that than that. No use in bringing that up to the parents now.

She took me to the library when I was 11 and got me a card I could use in her county. Then she kept the card and abused it herself. Yeah, the librarians should have known something was up when she kept on raking up fines and not returning things under both mine and my sister’s name since she did the same thing to her too here.

Did self-checkout exist at that time? If not, I would think that if not for fines / missing items accumulating past a certain point, that the bearer of the card didn't appear to be a name / DOB match for the account holder.

Edit:
I agree that it seems like multiple individuals dropped the ball on this.

On further consideration, I would consider asking for a new account to be created altogether for you, and for them to flag/freeze the old account - so if someone tries to use it, to have the card confiscated and to try to identify the individual and assign the fines to them.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom