• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would anybody be willing to help out?

I put that I'm not good at Geometry then did fine with everything that followed, but I remember struggling with geometry in high-school.. now I'm just confused! I've been telling people I'm incapable of geometry for years! Or was the question unrelated to the puzzles following it?

Explaining the answers here before the study is closed makes it impossible to get accurate results from people who haven't yet done the survey/test....of course they'll get it right because they've already seen the answer.

Even just explaining how to go about finding an answer skews the results, as it gives an advantage that is not supposed to be there.

If there is a way for you to note discrepancy between
the self-report evaluation and performance, that would
be interesting.

If there is any of that.
I was actually wondering about that. I might look into it

Done. Some of those puzzles really threw me. o_O
Good luck with your study, I hope you get some meaningful results! Would be interesting to see the conclusions you come up with at the end too. :)
Thanks! I'll try my best to keep everyone updated on what I find!

I hate logic puzzles. Hate them! It is gonna cost you a lot of donuts to get me to do this survey.

doughnuts.png

Hello all,
My name is Amanda, and I'm a neuroscience undergrad at NSU. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take part in a research study I created. All I need is for a questionnaire to be filled out. You only have to answer some puzzles and a few questions about your interests. I do not ask for any personal information. I'm researching the psychological strengths of autism as it relates to solving logic puzzles. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I think my study will interest a lot of you because its run by an aspie with an interest in the actual strengths of autism as opposed to its difficulties. Plus logic puzzles are freaking fun :)
Let me know if you have any questions!! Here is the link to the survey:
Research Survey
Done. Some of those puzzles really threw me. o_O
Good luck with your study, I hope you get some meaningful results! Would be interesting to see the conclusions you come up with at the end too. :)
Hello!
Thank you so much for completing the study. I'll be discussing the results within the next two weeks!

Is there somewhere with the answers? Or would it be wrong for someone here to explain one? Because the one with the dots made me question my existence.
I've actually just closed the study, so if you would like to know something feel free to ask!

So are autistic people generally good at this sort of thing or generally bad? I assumed good because you said researching strengths, but the above comment made me doubt it!

And is this test considered difficult or simple? I realize that's subjective and depends on an individual's strengths and type of intelligence, I just wonder if, when making it, the intention was for it to be difficult or not or something else entirely.
Hey sorry Fino, I just saw this and realized that I hadn't replied! I'm looking for statistical significance currently, and it does seem that the people who reported they were autistic had higher overall scores. A few also possessed exceptional memory. You are correct, some questions are intentionally too difficult for most people to solve. Others were a bit on the easier side. Don't feel bad if you struggled on some. You certainly have company in that regard, myself included.

I’m pretty sure I got one answer right.
I’m missing the logic section of my brain apparently.
Not true! Some of the questions were designed to be very difficult. There were many people, both NTs and aspies who had a hard time with these. And my NT group included college-educated neuroscience students! I'm sure you did just fine.

Hello all,
My name is Amanda, and I'm a neuroscience undergrad at NSU. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take part in a research study I created. All I need is for a questionnaire to be filled out. You only have to answer some puzzles and a few questions about your interests. I do not ask for any personal information. I'm researching the psychological strengths of autism as it relates to solving logic puzzles. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I think my study will interest a lot of you because its run by an aspie with an interest in the actual strengths of autism as opposed to its difficulties. Plus logic puzzles are freaking fun :)
Let me know if you have any questions!! Here is the link to the survey:
Research Survey
Hello all,
I have just closed the survey. I really appreciate everyone who took it. As soon as I've analyzed the data, I'll post a powerpoint with my findings and do my best to answer any questions.
Amanda

Hey sorry Fino, I just saw this and realized that I hadn't replied! I'm looking for statistical significance currently, and it does seem that the people who reported they were autistic had higher overall scores. A few also possessed exceptional memory. You are correct, some questions are intentionally too difficult for most people to solve. Others were a bit on the easier side. Don't feel bad if you struggled on some. You certainly have company in that regard, myself included.

I've actually just closed the study, so if you would like to know something feel free to ask!

Actually what I was struggling with was kind of the opposite, but it's hard to explain what I'm saying without sounding horribly arrogant. I assure you I have no feelings of conceit (as far as I can tell?) but I found out it hard to believe that any of them were considered difficult and any of them considered exceptionally difficult. I got two wrong but realized the answers later that night, and this is probably coming off as insulting to a lot of the people who commented, but I have never considered myself particularly intelligent so I'm just trying to express confusion more than anything else.

I showed my brother to see if I'm insane, and he was also able to get them just fine, probably faster than me. That solved my problem until I read your recent comments. :eek:

Maybe I'm completely nuts and actually got them all wrong! Ha! I think I'd feel better if that were the case! :D

Is there a name for the type or types of intelligence this test is evaluating?

Does this mean you can post the answers? It doesn't have to be some big thing with the questions and answers, just a list of the letters like:

1. A
2. B
3. B

etc.

@Fino
It seems like that would destroy the possibility of her ever using
it again in the future. Maybe the two of you could talk about
the answers, in private.

Is it cheating @aw1766 if I wrote the number series questions on a piece of paper and didn't do them in my head? I have to look at these things visually and then write them down to discern patterns.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom