• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worst customer service experience

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I had this guy come into the store to get five free food items. He came up to the register and showed me his ID. I placed his ID on the counter while he was filling out our food book. I told him here’s your ID and he said thank you. An hour later, his wife calls and accuses me of stealing his ID. The camera footage showed that I gave him his ID, but he left it on the counter. I didn’t see it because I had to help my boss with loading food into the freezer.

She lied and got the sheriff officer to come down to the store. It was funny because right as the officer came in, we had the security cameras pulled up. She was so mean to my boss and saying that we were mean to her when we were nothing but nice to her. I did get snappy when her husband came into the store yelling at my boss. She is an elderly lady and is a wonderful person. She never raised her voice or was being disrespectful.

The sheriff officer said we were all good and that one of our coworkers accidentally gave his ID to another person. She thought the next person in line had left it on the counter, but it was the husband’s ID. We have a lot of people who leave their items all the time. It happens. I loved every minute of it because that lady made herself look like a fool. Then she wants to say that she’s struggling and having a hard time while buying a new puppy and getting her nails done.

I was thinking you could use the extra money on your nails towards food for your kids. She said the puppy was the reason why her husband was upset. I don’t care you still don’t treat people like that. That’s none of my concern. She could have handled the situation way differently. I hate her and I hope I don’t see her again. I hope I’m not the only one who’s thinking this.

When I worked at Target one holiday season, I was responsible for cleaning the bathrooms. One day when I was cleaning the woman’s restroom, a woman barged in past the “restroom closed” sign and starts screaming obscenities at me and calling me a pervert. I remained calm and told her I was cleaning. She told management I called her an obscene word (I did not) and management took her side. I told management, “Piss off, I quit.”

When I got home, I made the mistake of telling my mother I quit my job. She then told me directly that I was going to put on my nicest clothes in the morning, go back there and beg for my job back. I told her,”LOL, no.” She then asked me if I was off my antidepressants.

This was lovely all the way around.

I had this guy come into the store to get five free food items. He came up to the register and showed me his ID. I placed his ID on the counter while he was filling out our food book. I told him here’s your ID and he said thank you. An hour later, his wife calls and accuses me of stealing his ID. The camera footage showed that I gave him his ID, but he left it on the counter. I didn’t see it because I had to help my boss with loading food into the freezer.

She lied and got the sheriff officer to come down to the store. It was funny because right as the officer came in, we had the security cameras pulled up. She was so mean to my boss and saying that we were mean to her when we were nothing but nice to her. I did get snappy when her husband came into the store yelling at my boss. She is an elderly lady and is a wonderful person. She never raised her voice or was being disrespectful.

The sheriff officer said we were all good and that one of our coworkers accidentally gave his ID to another person. She thought the next person in line had left it on the counter, but it was the husband’s ID. We have a lot of people who leave their items all the time. It happens. I loved every minute of it because that lady made herself look like a fool. Then she wants to say that she’s struggling and having a hard time while buying a new puppy and getting her nails done.

I was thinking you could use the extra money on your nails towards food for your kids. She said the puppy was the reason why her husband was upset. I don’t care you still don’t treat people like that. That’s none of my concern. She could have handled the situation way differently. I hate her and I hope I don’t see her again. I hope I’m not the only one who’s thinking this.
This is why I could never do customer service. I don’t know how you do it . I would definitely lose my temper and not have a job after a few hours if I was in customer service.
Sorry you had to deal with that . The hardships of getting a puppy and getting her nails done. Yeah no sympathy from me on that one . Would be nice if some people would take responsibility for their actions and how they treat people. and actually blame themselves.

This is why I could never do customer service. I don’t know how you do it . I would definitely lose my temper and not have a job after a few hours if I was in customer service.
Sorry you had to deal with that . The hardships of getting a puppy and getting her nails done. Yeah no sympathy from me on that one . Would be nice if some people would take responsibility for their actions and how they treat people. and actually blame themselves.
It takes a lot of patience and effort. I did lose it a little because he was pointing his finger at me and my boss saying we stole his ID. I went there because you don’t get to accuse people without concrete evidence and get away with it. Karma hates the ugly.
Karma Karmas A Bitch GIF by MOODMAN

I was just thinking this cashier today had a frown on her face. The l realized not to let it bother me.

Ouch, sorry you had to deal with this. I worked in retail many years ago, you are 100 times better at customer service than I ever was. I just ended up learning how to smoothly avoid dealing with bad customers altogether, I didn't actually really have a clue how to! I usually managed to avoid getting in trouble with their false accusations or fall behind doing the rest of my job of packing shelves, cleaning and admin/paperwork. At times it was like dodging bullets like Neo in The Matrix!

These days, most stores here issue body worn cameras to their staff for better protection. Hopefully it will make bad customers think twice about abusing staff or making false accusations.

From time to time, I see customers being rude to staff members in a store or shop. I have no idea why some folks act that way. Those staff members are a human beings doing their jobs. Perhaps our society is in decline? Some people just can't stand up tall unless they are standing on top of someone.

I try to avoid working in public stores if possible, although I understand we don't all have a choice.
I used to do voluntary work in a charity shop (thrift store type of thing?) and was often made to do the till and deal with customers on my own. I was young, shy and unskilled, and felt out of my depth. I told the boss there that I felt anxious being on the till on my own and dealing with the public, but she made me do it anyway.
Some customers were all right, and I felt more at ease when they were chatty and friendly. But some customers were difficult and awkward and entitled, and treated me like I was the one who made all the rules and that any inconvenience to them was my fault. They were rude and obstinate, and even though I didn't exactly take it personally I still felt intimidated and emotional and just wanted to be working in the store room out of the way. I felt like I had to sort everything out and patiently deal with rude customers. Yes I was patient on the outside (in fact too patient), but was scared and anxious on the inside.
I left in the end because I didn't want to keep going in somewhere I wasn't getting paid to get treated poorly by the public.

I was hazed at the country club l worked at. If the wife's didn't like you, they ganged up on you. Especially if their husbands liked you. I always take a min to chat and acknowledge the cashier, they are people just like me, probably hate their job, and hate 95% of the rude customers that come in.

Last edited:
Yes I try not to take anything out on the cashier, because they're just paid to serve you. One time I was waiting in a large queue, getting overwhelmed and impatient, but as soon as it was my turn to be served I was pleasant and friendly to the cashier.

IMG_1971.jpeg
I’ve seen people try to get more than two items (such as hams or turkeys) at the sales price by buying several of them and then buying them in seperate transactions. It’s allowed and we can’t do anything about it.

Small town Alberta and I was with some friends... We wanted some food so stopped at a bar, got our drinks and ordered food... "Awhile" later no food had arrived, we inquired and were told they hadn't started yet... We bailed rather quickly to find somewhere else, our conclusion was that the bar in question was primarily a sports bar, mostly used by locals who probably rarely ordered food, mostly just drank beer...

When I was a closeted teenager, I went to the local Japanese bookstore to buy myself some yaoi manga. When I went to check out, the clerk assumed that because I was white, I would not understand what she was saying. She spewed out a ton of anti-gay slurs in Japanese and kept on saying I was a weird pervert. When I got home, I called the store and reported that incident to the manager, making sure I remembered the name on that clerk’s tag. She got canned immediately over that.

Regardless people have to be polite.
You are supposed to try to help those people and thank them and use manners like the people who work in retail etc.
And if they make a mistake forgive them because they are only human.
It does take patience to be that if you are the person like the retail person who is rude you either consult the manager or you can refuse to serve them if they are not polite you can and if they get more aggressive and violent then call the police but it depends on how rude.
Some rudeness they may have to tolerate...part of the job.

New Threads

Top Bottom