• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

World UFO Day - July 2nd 2015

AGXStarseed

Okay, this is quite late, but what the hey.

Today is World UFO Day and it is "a celebration of all things extraterrestrial and unexplained and organisers also to raise awareness of "the undoubted existence of UFOs"

You can learn more about it here, as well as see some 'mystifying' sightings of the past year. Furthermore, click here to see 19 worldwide UFO hotspots and finally click here to see a report that suggests aliens may indeed resemble humans.
(I know we Auties/Aspies sometimes refer to ourselves as aliens, but...what if...)

Anywho, to finish this entry I'll throw in some alien/ufo related songs.

---

For the record I have always believed in the possibility of extraterrestrial life, be it similar to us or not. I've always believed in UFOs as well as the term UFO merely means unidentified flying object and therefore, by definition, any object we see flying in the sky that is not readily identifiable is unidentified.

How many people knew what a drone was before they started getting better press?

any pro extraterrestrial at least partly intelligent life (like humans on this planet) existence + suspected visited on earth documentaries on youtube to share?

Last edited:
On most days, a UFO to me is a bug who committed hit-and-run when it wasn't watching where it was going and flew into my head.

any pro extraterrestrial at least partly intelligent life (like humans on this planet) existence + suspected visited on earth documentaries on youtube to share?

Sadly, most UFO/extra-terrestrial documentaries are tied in with conspiracy theories - which aren't allowed here.

Same here, conspiracy theories are a form of fiction to me, with an irresistible twist of mystery because you never know if it's true. Kind of like the ultimate form of a crime novel for those that really enjoy reading moderns plots and drama.

Because of the vastness of space and all that is out there, I don't see how there could not be life out there, somewhere. Because of the vastness of space and all that is out there, I don't see how any other life form could visit our planet.

I have always wanted to see a UFO........still waiting, still look up at night hopefully lol
What a trip it would be to actually meet an alien, have a coffee and a natter, hear about life from a completely alien perspective.
Then do some exploring on his intergalactic space pony..........ok i am officially overtired lol

When I was 12, my friend and I saw a UFO one night when he was sleeping over. I've tried to discount it in my head, but we had both saw the same thing so it's hard not to believe.

I've seen my share of UFOs but, I don't think they are space ships form other planets. Satellites, Frisbee with LED lights on them, earth made aircraft, trick of light making aircraft i know appear to be something I don't recognize. There's a logical explanation.

Yes I do think there is other life in the universe but, I don't think any of those life forms are capable of visiting earth.

About 10 years ago me and some other miscreants got hold of quite powerful projector, and made some simple cardboard and coloured plastic for lenses. Dunedin can have a very thick, heavy ocean mist atmosphere. We pointed it up and projected a series of flashing and spinning lights into the sky, the result was beyond our best hope, it looked like a proper freaky UFO and we could make it seem to move at incredible speeds with tiny movements of the projector, make it look like it had zoomed off into outer space by flicking the projector and turning it off only to have it reappear somewhere else lol

There were a billion phone calls of people seeing a UFO and it was even in the paper lol:p

Man it looked good

About 10 years ago me and some other miscreants got hold of quite powerful projector, and made some simple cardboard and coloured plastic for lenses. Dunedin can have a very thick, heavy ocean mist atmosphere. We pointed it up and projected a series of flashing and spinning lights into the sky, the result was beyond our best hope, it looked like a proper freaky UFO and we could make it seem to move at incredible speeds with tiny movements of the projector, make it look like it had zoomed off into outer space by flicking the projector and turning it off only to have it reappear somewhere else lol

There were a billion phone calls of people seeing a UFO and it was even in the paper lol:p

Man it looked good

Any existing video or stills?
New Zealand UFO Sightings 2005 - UFocus
Or maybe it was a different year.
There seem to be quite a few UFO sightings...
More than I would expect.

Last edited:
Sigh! she could really sing that girl...such a sad thing!

Well I don't know if it counts as I've identified and tracked down a possible shot of it, but Mael served you up a nice little UFO out of area 51, and maybe White sands too. A large soft white glowing field with 3 or 4 smaller ones at the bottom? or side? which go back and forth between soft white and maybe yellow or orange, am not certain on the color change? :D Fancier stuff coming on that front, soon expect more fireball activity too...with additional lucky hits on military factories in places like Russia. Oooh!:confused: how on earth did that happen to them? such bad luck for them..tisk!.. tisk!... tisk! :rolleyes:

I used to work on the Nevada Ranges in the Air Force. Not Area 51 (Which we called 'Dreamland'), but close, like Range 63, Indian Springs, Toliche Peak, Area 3, etc, etc.

I can say with certainty that we don't have any Aliens. :D At least in the USA.

A recent head of the National Security Agency (NSA) was talking about his first day on the job. He said he met with his staff and said "Before we get started I want to ask just one question. Do we have any aliens?' His staff laughed and said 'No' and they had estimated that if they ever did find anything it would be leaked all over the news within 45 minutes.

I almost wish we did. If they were friendly it would be fantastic. What technologies and secrets could they share? But in reality, what says they would be friendly? I've heard that really smart guy... whats his name... he is like paralyzed and always in a wheelchair. Anyway I heard he says it is most likely Aliens will be aggressive. I guess there is no way to know and that both are possible so will call it 50-50 % chance. I don't like those odds much. I hope they do not find us yet... at least until we have the Planetary Space Defense Command up and running and a few Battalions of Colonial Space Marines. I wish I could have seen that. :D If we don't annihilate ourselves that is.

I used to work on the Nevada Ranges in the Air Force. Not Area 51 (Which we called 'Dreamland'), but close, like Range 63, Indian Springs, Toliche Peak, Area 3, etc, etc.

I can say with certainty that we don't have any Aliens. :D At least in the USA.

A recent head of the National Security Agency (NSA) was talking about his first day on the job. He said he met with his staff and said "Before we get started I want to ask just one question. Do we have any aliens?' His staff laughed and said 'No' and they had estimated that if they ever did find anything it would be leaked all over the news within 45 minutes.

I almost wish we did. If they were friendly it would be fantastic. What technologies and secrets could they share? But in reality, what says they would be friendly? I've heard that really smart guy... whats his name... he is like paralyzed and always in a wheelchair. Anyway I heard he says it is most likely Aliens will be aggressive. I guess there is no way to know and that both are possible so will call it 50-50 % chance. I don't like those odds much. I hope they do not find us yet... at least until we have the Planetary Space Defense Command up and running and a few Battalions of Colonial Space Marines. I wish I could have seen that. :D If we don't annihilate ourselves that is.

Hi Tom , I think you were referring to Hawkins, and even tho my Maelstrom physics can produce the most horrendous weapons in the history of mankind for space defence, there is almost zero chance of surviving a planetary siege by a alien race. It is actually far more easy to wipe out all life on a planet than to concor a planet directly. You would be surprised at how many ways you can obliterate life on a planet without using nukes, dust in the stratusphere (planet frozen life dead, shade acrossed the sun (same), gravity, simply move a moon in close, astroids (cooked and starved no light for plants), comets (vaporized or drowned in tidal waves), or just drowned every one by raising the seas with islands pulled up by gravitational disruptions...the list goes on and on. However Hawkings is wrong about Aliens being more likely to be evil, and he is a God hater. Any Alien race that survived to reach intersteller space travel without wiping it's self out, would be more likely to be a fairly nice bunch of people. But admitting that would block a certain covert movement/program under way.

Hi Tom , I think you were referring to Hawkins, and even tho my Maelstrom physics can produce the most horrendous weapons in the history of mankind for space defence, there is almost zero chance of surviving a planetary siege by a alien race. It is actually far more easy to wipe out all life on a planet than to concor a planet directly. You would be surprised at how many ways you can obliterate life on a planet without using nukes, dust in the stratusphere (planet frozen life dead, shade acrossed the sun (same), gravity, simply move a moon in close, astroids (cooked and starved no light for plants), comets (vaporized or drowned in tidal waves), or just drowned every one by raising the seas with islands pulled up by gravitational disruptions...the list goes on and on. However Hawkings is wrong about Aliens being more likely to be evil, and he is a God hater. Any Alien race that survived to reach intersteller space travel without wiping it's self out, would be more likely to be a fairly nice bunch of people. But admitting that would block a certain covert movement/program under way.

Yes, Hawkins, thankyou. :)

One of the things I think about with space travel is the motivation. At least so far, it requires large ammounts of work, resources and money, not to mention considerable inherent risks.

The closest thing I can find to it by analogy is our 'Age of Exploration', in the 15th & 16th Century. But while there was some basic desire just to see what was out there in the oceans, the prime mover by far was desire for more profitable trade routes, new goods, wealth, new markets, etc.

It makes me lean more towards necessity being more likely then just exploration as far as alien's motives goes. Its possible our first visitor could be something akin the the USS Enterprise but also quite feasible its more like the aliens in 'Independence Day', essentially planetary 'grazing'.

Yes, Hawkins, thankyou. :)

One of the things I think about with space travel is the motivation. At least so far, it requires large ammounts of work, resources and money, not to mention considerable inherent risks.

The closest thing I can find to it by analogy is our 'Age of Exploration', in the 15th & 16th Century. But while there was some basic desire just to see what was out there in the oceans, the prime mover by far was desire for more profitable trade routes, new goods, wealth, new markets, etc.

It makes me lean more towards necessity being more likely then just exploration as far as alien's motives goes. Its possible our first visitor could be something akin the the USS Enterprise but also quite feasible its more like the aliens in 'Independence Day', essentially planetary 'grazing'.

Hi Tom you are right of course that Aliens are more likely to wish trade and tourism than war for the same reason as my previous post. However Hawkins missed the obvious point, perhaps not so accidently, what make makes Aliens a threat to us is not so much them being bloodthirsty, but them looking back at us a heaving manure pile of bloodthirsty little maggots, and them saying do we want those guys screaming out of space at us with some horrible planet destroying weapon. And what we like to call heaven, can also be just as easily classified as a Ancient highly advanced Alien Empire, with very long teeth.

Half of my work has been stolen on off the shelf construction of faster than light sub-atomic disjunction fields. So the wall of the pietri dish is likey to be permently breached on space warfare any day now in airforces dark miss classified mining/road construction program?...you do the math...on our future, in the coming years here. My eightball reads it's a good time to round up the towel and hitchhikers guide book.

And somebody up there still owes me a fat paycheck....Mael is not amused at all...and is counting the ways to get his pound of flesh, you guy's aren't untouchable.

what make makes Aliens a threat to us is not so much them being bloodthirsty, but them looking back at us a heaving manure pile of bloodthirsty little maggots, and them saying do we want those guys screaming out of space at us with some horrible planet destroying weapon. And what we like to call heaven, can also be just as easily classified as a Ancient highly advanced Alien Empire, with very long teeth.

This is my position on things. The human race does not have a good history of being 'nice' to those it deems as different. How much worse would that be when the other party is also more advanced.

Someone once asked why aliens don't just land and make themselves known to the public. I think their 'interest' is in keeping us here, bound up on this little rock where we do no damage to the greater empire. Wouldn't be suprised if the alien word for 'Earth' translated as 'asylum' :)

New Threads

Top Bottom