• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Working with Magick when you're half-Wiccan

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I apologize if this subject matter offends anyone.

Recently I've been dabbling in the field of magick. Now some of you may be saying "There's no such thing as magick!" and I wouldn't blame you for thinking that.

What you didn't know was that magick is very, very real. But not in the way you'd think.

There are spells for just about everything from money to luck to love, etc. A day ago I made myself a wand and used some candles I got for christmas. I also tried summoning a dragon familiar, I don't know how well it worked, but I've been seeing faint glows around the house.

It's okay to be in disbelief, but that's only because this generation isn't used to seeing things like a money shaker actually attract money, or some powder causing a tiny explosion above a bonfire. I don't blame you for not believing. But believe me when I tell you Magick is very real, minus the lightning strikes and fireballs.

Working with magick isn't all that difficult, and it's actually pretty easy. Just about anything from pennies to herbs can be used in certain spells. You can also brew magick teas with some herbs, they taste great and have wonderful effects on people.

So why does the title of this post say "half-Wiccan"? Simply put, I've "added" to my Christian beliefs, the concept of white Magick.

About two years ago Maddog got me a spell book for my birthday, and it's almost full of spells and to-do lists.

I'm just wondering what you guys think of this whole concept. I don't mean to offend anyone.

Much like the teachings in the Seth books, the basic premise being "you create your own reality" with that in mind - Magick, to my mind seems to be an intense focus and dedication towards creation of some form. We are all creative creatures in our own right, whether that be art, music or cookery - if we can create something, we tend to feel more fulfilled.

I think with enough dedication anything could be possible.

back2.jpg

Ed

I think you're right, Raggamuffin. Magick is so useful in so many areas. I used to make sigils for my mother's job and she's always telling me it worked.

"In many traditions of folk magic, particularly in North America, a spell is sealed inside a jar, bottle or another container. This serves a number of purposes - the first being that it keeps the magic concentrated, and prevents it from escaping before the spell has been completed. The other nice feature of a jar or bottle spell is its portability - you can take it anywhere you like..."

"A money jar spell can be done to bring wealth your way—in some traditions, nine pennies are used, in others, it may be various other coins, and placed in a jar or bottle. In some cases, the jar may be painted green or gold, and then put someplace where it can be seen each day. Eventually, according to tradition, money will start coming towards you."

How to Use Jar Spells in Magical Workings

How to Cast a Jar Spell: Witchcraft for Beginners

Wicca - Wikipedia

This is a really interesting post! What sources do you work with? Since you mentioned Wicca I guess you take mostly from Gardner. Have you also looked into Aleister Crowley? He's the guy who coined magick with a k. I am currently researching the man for an article on magick, so I'm really interested in your views if you care to share any.

'Crowley believed in the objective existence of magic, which he chose to spell "Magick", an older archaic spelling of the word. He provided various different definitions of this term over his career. In his book Magick in Theory and Practice, Crowley defined Magick as "the Science and Art of causing change to occur in conformity with Will". He also told his disciple Karl Germer that "Magick is getting into communication with individuals who exist on a higher plane than ours. Mysticism is the raising of oneself to their level." Crowley saw Magick as a third way between religion and science, giving The Equinox the subtitle of The Method of Science; the Aim of Religion. Within that journal he expressed positive sentiments toward science and the scientific method, and urged magicians to keep detailed records of their magical experiments, "The more scientific the record is, the better."His understanding of magic was also influenced by the work of the anthropologist James Frazer, in particular the view that magic was a precursor to science in a cultural evolutionary framework. Unlike Frazer, however, Crowley did not see magic as a survival from the past that required eradication, but rather he believed that magic had to be adapted to suit the new age of science.'

"Crowley considered himself to be one of the outstanding figures of his time."

Aleister Crowley - Wikipedia

Magick (Thelema) - Wikipedia

"Crowley considered himself to be one of the outstanding figures of his time."

This paired with his eccentricities make reading his biography scrape past comedy from time to time. I recommend the one Richard Kaczynski wrote, great entertainment for anyone who is into the curious.

I also tried summoning a dragon familiar, I don't know how well it worked, but I've been seeing faint glows around the house.

It's okay to be in disbelief...

I think it would be more convincing if you posted a picture or video of the dragon you summoned. I'm sure others here would be interested in seeing the faint glows you saw. A picture is worth more than a thousand words in this case.

I work spells every now and again. They’re more or less just prayers/meditation, only much more elaborate, focused, and “intense.” I’ve had some absolutely astonishing results with them that made me realize that we really know next to nothing about the nature of reality and the power of thought/intention.

Not sure what to believe. I have had some strange things happen but l try to stay grounded. I can pick up on energies sometimes which baffles me. I wonder if we can change fate or if fate is predetermined.

This is a really interesting post! What sources do you work with? Since you mentioned Wicca I guess you take mostly from Gardner. Have you also looked into Aleister Crowley? He's the guy who coined magick with a k. I am currently researching the man for an article on magick, so I'm really interested in your views if you care to share any.
Aleister Crowley was dangerous, he was into sex-magick and all sorts of dangerous stuff. He did a heroin addict. I would stay away and if dabbling in the occult, stay on the light side. Mediumship is also dangerous as it interrupts deceased souls on their journey to the next incarnation. Some people have natural gifts with spirits but these people are wise enough to read folklore, see genuine gurus and meditate or practice with safe shamans because thier intuition is truly developed.

New Threads

Top Bottom