• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Women's reactions to EXTREMELY handsome men

My wife and I were watching an old movie. I think it was Hitchcock's To Catch A Thief with Cary Grant and Grace Kelly. At some point in the movie my wife declared: "Damn, was he a handsome man!".
Handsome but gay.

More likely that he was bisexual.

That is also what the consensus seems to be about Tyrone Power, one of the men whose pictures I posted in the OP.

I believe most all the other men I posted are/were straight, from what I know: Kevin Love (NBA player with clinical depression), Matthew McConaughey, JFK Jr., Shawn Wayans. I also posted pictures of a random Arab model and random Asian model whose names I don't know; not sure of their histories.

Not sure if there's any sort of pattern to the kinds of men I find attractive other than angular and overall proportionate features.

I mean, I am attracted to men, as well (see autistic pansexual right under my name), so I can relate to this.

Just asking to understand asexuality better.
Fair enough. Asexuality is simply not experiencing sexual attraction / an innate lack of desire for partnered sex. Anything beyond that, such as experiences of aesthetic attraction, sensual attraction etc., varies a lot from person to person.
Personally my appreciation of a handsome man/woman is pretty much the same as how I'd appreciate a beautiful work of art or an interesting tree.

Fair enough. Asexuality is simply not experiencing sexual attraction / an innate lack of desire for partnered sex. Anything beyond that, such as experiences of aesthetic attraction, sensual attraction etc., varies a lot from person to person.
Personally my appreciation of a handsome man/woman is pretty much the same as how I'd appreciate a beautiful work of art or an interesting tree.

I agree there is definitely a difference between mere aesthetic admiration and outright physical attraction.

I'm heterosexual myself, so I can notice a nice looking woman, but her beauty does nothing to me biologically or chemically. Handsome men, on the other hand, cause a surge of adrenaline, pleasure, excitement, even physical reactions. I get tingly, smile, want to touch and hug. Every time I see husband, this kind of thing happens. This is why I knew I had to get married. I couldn't go through life having to shut that off every single time :) It was getting to be too much.

New Threads

Top Bottom