• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Willis-Ekbom Disorder?

Desertphile

V.I.P Member
I am wondering if anyone with Autism (any level / placement on the spectrum) also has Willis-Ekbom Disorder in this forum. If so, perhaps those people could pipe up and say so, as I am thinking the two are possibly related.

Didn't know restless leg syndrome had a fancier name until now. I don't think I have it, though when I am really stressed I twitch when I try to go to sleep. It's not often and calms down with just an aspirin. What kind of connection do you think there might be?

I get restless legs at night,sometimes they feel stiff and I have to move them and it can affect my sleep.

I always shake my legs all of the time. I don't know if it's ADHD, anxiety or something else. My leg shaking is persistent throughout the day and night, ever since I can remember. People often comment on it too.

I shake my legs a lot. I get restless legs relatively frequently at night when I'm trying to go to sleep. I usually get up and walk around upstairs for a bit and that sorts it. The worst I've ever had it was due to medication and it was unbearable. Even walking about wouldn't stop it.

Co-Q-10 deficiencies can cause restless leg syndrome. A good supplement, or eating broccoli daily can end that. I used to have it in the middle of the night too. Horrible feelings!

New Threads

Top Bottom