• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who turns off their computer?

I turn off my pc at night but only because the led case lighting and the fan noise is a nuisance when i want to sleep
I have pretty severe tinnitus,background noise works to softens the blow I get from it. Change is good :D

I turn mine off mainly to save power and to stop it from overheating. its not like you keep you're car running when you're not using or leave the lights on when you're not in the room. to me turning off a computer makes sense.
If yours overheating, then I would get a better cooling system.

i'm trying to make sure i can do what my partner (i'll call him Will) could do, sooner rather than later so i dont forget, because he wanted to teach our son, so i will do my best to teach him all Will wanted him to know, as well as everything i can teach him. will got his from expired devices and ebay too.

i'm trying to make sure i can do what my partner (i'll call him Will) could do, sooner rather than later so i dont forget, because he wanted to teach our son, so i will do my best to teach him all Will wanted him to know, as well as everything i can teach him. will got his from expired devices and ebay too.
good mentor make better people :cool:

I turn mine off mainly to save power and to stop it from overheating. its not like you keep you're car running when you're not using or leave the lights on when you're not in the room. to me turning off a computer makes sense.

Penguin has a point. You may have a problem if your computer remains overheated when not using many CPU cycles.

In most cases it's CPU and GPU usage that will dictate how hot your computer will get while being used. However if you merely have it on without really pushing the CPU/GPU, it shouldn't run hot at all. Unless of course you've got a component that isn't functioning up to speed. Which could be a CPU, video card or case fan, insufficient air flow, or even perhaps a defective power supply or hard drive.

These days if you go into your computer's BIOS, you'll likely be able to read the RPM rate and temperature of both your CPU and case fans, to see if they are running slower than they should. Maybe even your GPU temp as well.

Penguin has a point. You may have a problem if your computer remains overheated when not using many CPU cycles.

In most cases it's CPU and GPU usage that will dictate how hot your computer will get while being used. However if you merely have it on without really pushing the CPU/GPU, it shouldn't run hot at all. Unless of course you've got a component that isn't functioning up to speed. Which could be a CPU, video card or case fan, insufficient air flow, or even perhaps a defective power supply or hard drive.

These days if you go into your computer's BIOS, you'll likely be able to read the RPM rate and temperature of both your CPU and case fans, to see if they are running slower than they should. Maybe even your GPU temp as well.
In my overclocking days,I had to beef up my heat sinks to prevent CPU burning and at one point considered placing the tower in an apartment sized fridge. The peltier devices I mentioned may be another alternative.

I have a laptop computer but then I use it for school so I turn it off when I get packed up to go to school but then I leave it on for long when I'm at home (also my mum would wine at me if I keep it on since I cant really get a replacement if it breaks down I need to make it last through most of high school I've had it for 1 and a quarter years)

In my overclocking days,I had to beef up my heat sinks to prevent CPU burning and at one point considered placing the tower in an apartment sized fridge. The peltier devices I mentioned may be another alternative.

Easier just to refrain from seriously overclocking any CPU. Unless you have money and CPUs to burn. ;)

I have a laptop computer but then I use it for school so I turn it off when I get packed up to go to school but then I leave it on for long when I'm at home (also my mum would wine at me if I keep it on since I cant really get a replacement if it breaks down I need to make it last through most of high school I've had it for 1 and a quarter years)

Ugh...laptops. Inadequate cooling to begin with, made worse with dust and lint in ducts, fans and heatsinks to keep clean. But then it helps to run them with an SSD which puts out far less heat as well.

Consumers keep wanting them to be lighter, smaller...faster. It comes at a price in thermal units and inherent wear and tear apart from portability concerns.

to the people replying to my post my computer (laptop) doesent have a overheating issue its perfectly fine the great thing is that it is a Toshiba and japan knows how to build computers (or anything) to be reliable and last for a long time.

to the people replying to my post my computer (laptop) doesent have a overheating issue its perfectly fine the great thing is that it is a Toshiba and japan knows how to build computers (or anything) to be reliable and last for a long time.
If your Toshiba is made in Japan, you're in a lucky part of the world. [emoji1]

Ugh...laptops. Inadequate cooling to begin with, made worse with dust and lint in ducts, fans and heatsinks to keep clean. But then it helps to run them with an SSD which puts out far less heat as well.

Consumers keep wanting them to be lighter, smaller...faster. It comes at a price in thermal units and inherent wear and tear apart from portability concerns.
most people are into tablets and smartphones well for me a computer does everything like internet and playing games also one of these you can work on for a long time unlike a tablet where you got to arrange yourself to be comfortable or stare at a small screen.

most people are into tablets and smartphones well for me a computer does everything like internet and playing games also one of these you can work on for a long time unlike a tablet where you got to arrange yourself to be comfortable or stare at a small screen.
I hate tablets more than laptops. I only use a smartphone for convenience when I'm out. I don't see the point of tablets, they are either like a huge phone, or a less useful and more inconvenient laptop. And since most manufacturers like to use glass screens, they have a potentially very short lifespan, so they probably don't bother putting a counter in smartphones/ tablets.

if anyone was wondering what computer I have its a Toshiba satellite pro C50-A with a core i3 processer heres a picture finally its my first computer.
csm_toshSAc55_2_06_58062668b4.jpg

if anyone was wondering what computer I have its a Toshiba satellite pro C50-A with a core i3 processer heres a picture finally its my first computer. View attachment 15987
I know its a bit basic actually when I got it the computer got some modifications so it starts up faster and theres this program that makes a start screen like proper old skool windows computers before windows 8.

New Threads

Top Bottom