• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where did you graduate and what was your major?

1992: crashed out of University, preferring alcohol and pianos to what I was supposed to be studying (geology, astronomy, statistics, geography)

2009: Got MA in (surprise surprise) Music Technology!

2011: Crashed out of the workplace, finding I wasn't able to fit on a regular job!!

:)

2013 - Accounting and Finance. Hated the major, though learnt quite a fair bit.

Currently working in alternative medicine.

If I can, I hope to be a full-time Aspies Central user. :)

2013 - Accounting and Finance. Hated the major, though learnt quite a fair bit.

Currently working in alternative medicine.

If I can, I hope to be a full-time Aspies Central user. :)

Hey Geordie, long time no see. Hope things are going well for you.

Graduated in 1991 from a Christian high school, graduated in 1993 from community college with a AAS degree in drafting, wasnt able to find work. I went back to same local college in 2011 for Automotive/Diesel technoligies and will graduate next spring. Mike

What a coincidence!

UCSC 2010, Physics, Astrophysics concentration

Yeah, I actually went there from 2008-2011. Kresge/Porter apartments. Woke up every morning to those blasted jackhammers. Had to use the College 8 dining hall for awhile because of renovations to the Kresge/Porter dining hall, but it was only a couple more minutes walk from my apartment (more excercise :) ). In the three years I was there I became familiar with almost the entire campus despite having done my undergrad at a local junior college. My favorite dining hall ended up being Cowell/Stevenson.

I actually took "History of the Grateful Dead" (an actual class, I'm serious). I fell behind in reading very quickly and the "lab" (actually constituting watching concert videos and then discussing them) was boring and very lacking in attendance. There was a mass exodus and I dropped at literally the last second.

Winthrop University, 2010 (was supposed to be 2009 but I took 5 years to graduate) BA in psychology. One of the most useless degrees there is these days, but of course at the time I chose my major, that was not the case.

Bachelors degree in Accounting. Masters of Public Accountancy degree. Also hold my CPA license now and work in public accounting doing mostly tax but some audit as well. School was way easier than the working world, but I think tax accounting is a viabe option for someone with ASD. Although tax season sucks.

Western Washington University. BA Environmental Education. Never used it. Couldn't find a job after graduating. Hindsight is 20/20. If I knew then what I know now--about myself and the real world--I'd have majored in Engineering or Computer Science.

Never graduated, but here's my track record:

2010-2011: ITT Tech, for Computer Networking Systems. I wanted programming, but somehow got stuck with CNS, still not sure how that happened. Couldn't afford a two hour drive to campus anymore and the stress was too much with a baby on the way. Took time off.

2012-2013: Three community colleges (due to moving). Found out ITT Tech was NOT accredited, and had to start all over. Yippee! Screw you too, ITT Tech. Started all over with a Computer Science degree. One semester in, learned I was needed in a relatives' business, so I switched my major to Business Administration for the accounting classes. Learned college was no place for a mom without a babysitter and online classes were not truly online classes. I said to hell with it and went back to homeschooling for what I needed to know.

Probably will never have a degree in anything. Might take some math and history classes, or at least order the books from online textbook retailers. Why fuss with a class when I can teach myself? Nobody will hire me in this economy anyway.

1980 - University of Birmingham (UK). I Started a Mathematics degree course, but was there for only one year - I didn't seem to fit in well ... too many people!

1984 - Started a career in computing. I am still in computing, having had a number of different roles in the last 30 years.

2004 - Obtained a BSc in Mathematics from the Open University.

Georgia Institute of Technology, Physics (2014). Only made it because I got an extra year and summer classes.

I currently teach AP Physics in high school. It has its challenges, but I enjoy it.

California State University Fresno Spring 2013

Bachelor of Arts- Instrumental Music Performance, bassoon option.

Not enough demand for bassoon players here, so I work clerical duties for Caltrans instead. And I still play! :D

California State University Fresno

Howdy, neighbor! That's my alma mater too!

Spring 2013

Bachelor of Arts- Instrumental Music Performance, bassoon option.

Not enough demand for bassoon players here, so I work clerical duties for Caltrans instead. And I still play! :D

Sorry to hear that. My best advice for young people is to get the f**k out of Fresno as fast as you can go before you get trapped here. Nothing good will ever come of this city, or of this state. Just my opinion though.

I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Food and Nutritional Sciences. I'm in the real estate profession now, but not as a real estate agent. My work leans more towards the lending side of real estate transactions.

New Threads

Top Bottom