• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your favorite type of chocolate?

What's your favorite type of chocolate?

• Milk

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Dark

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • White

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
When I was a child I ate a whole solid white chocolate rabbit. I have not been able to eat white chocolate since.

My favorite brands are Ghiardelli and Dove. Unfortunately, in the U.S. it is hard to find the exquisite brands of Belgian chocolate.

My favorite brands are Ghiardelli and Dove. Unfortunately, in the U.S. it is hard to find the exquisite brands of Belgian chocolate.
YOu can find it if you go to the right places.

Maybe there are less places with it in Wisconsin.

Some of my favourite chocolate bars are-

Milky Bar (white)
Topic
Wispa
Mars Bar
Aero (peppermint or orange flavour)
Bounty:)

My favorite is dark chocolate by far. Milk chocolate to me has a kind of funny taste, its ok but never really as satisfying. I'd probably like white chocolate more if it didn't remind me so much of being a young kid when I ate it more often.

My favorite brand is Dove and I also like Lindt.

Dark chocolate because of what Jackie said. Lindt, Italian & others are great. I also like Cadbury's fruit and nuts & chocolate from chocolate specialty stores in airports etc.

I love chocolate, but I can no longer eat it because of a stomach issue. If I could still eat it, I’d have to say Mars Bar is my favorite followed by Nestles Crunch Bar and M & M’s.

Speaking of Mars Bar, but have they discontinued making them? I have not seen them in stores in eons.

Mars bars are still regularly sold in the UK.

I Googled to see what I could find. Much to my surprise, the Mars Bar is a UK creation, though it’s slightly different from the US version. This is what Wikipedia had to say about the US version:

US version

The worldwide Mars bar differs from what is sold in the US. The American version was discontinued in 2002 and was replaced with the slightly different Snickers Almond. The US version of the Mars bar was relaunched in January 2010 and is initially being sold on an exclusive basis through Walmart stores. The European version of the Mars bar is also sold in some United States grocery stores, usually being found in the imported or ethnic food sections. It was once again discontinued at the end of 2011.

I didn't realise there are different variants of Mars bar through out different countries. They sometimes bring out a limited dark chocolate edition here in the UK which is quite nice and there is also Mars ice cream and Mars milkshakes.

Not too picky about chocolate (it's the best thing ever), but I gotta go with Milk. Just can't beat a Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar or a chocolate milkshake. :D

Try Lindt chocolate from Switzerland or any other European chocolate. :)

Not too picky about chocolate (it's the best thing ever), but I gotta go with Milk. Just can't beat a Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar or a chocolate milkshake. :D

...The kind that fits into my mouth.

Actually, I'm a bit neurotic when it comes to chocolate: it has to be really really good quality or it doesn't interest me. I find most commercial chocolate bar brands to be too waxy, too overwhelmingly sugary & they use 'vanillin' (fake vanilla) as opposed to natural vanilla extract & the difference in the flavour produced is dramatic. I tend to dislike nuts in my chocolate: it stems from an unfortunate occasion when a wayward razor sharp almond concealed in a chocolate bar cut my gums. OUCH! In Qu?bec there are many ma & pa type ateliers offering hand-made specialty chocolate made on the spot. It is never stale & contains only natural top quality ingredients. It does cost an arm & a leg BUT that serves a regulatory function. when you have to pay 7$ for a chocolate bar, you are not likely to swallow it in one gulp: you savour it. Also (unless you're Bill Gates) you are not likely to buy a cart-load of them & binge.

Wanna have some fun? Check out these chocolate offerings: Chocolate Shoes - Gayle's Chocolates

Last edited:
Here we have Cadbury's Old Jamaica rum n raisin Chocolate (its dark chocolate with rum soaked raisins in it), its hard to get but really worth it, but I also like milk chocolate with hazelnut praline in it (that's why I love the green triangle in the Quality Street tins).

As a lifelong lover of chocolate, I like all kinds, but it really depends on my mood/state of being. I enjoy really dark chocolate when I can get it, though. (Fair-trade, of course.)

I like these a lot, a grocery store near me has them:

RITTER SPORT

rt02.jpg

Based on information I've seen, it sounds like this company has a good reputation for making ethically-produced/fair trade chocolate (although there are multiple ways to define those terms):

Where to find ethically sourced chocolate candy | The Art of Simple

I tend to favor brands with organic labeling (although no one label means that a product is perfect in terms of ethical production, and the lack of such a label doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't meet a standard of ethical production) since they're usually sourced from Central/South America, which doesn't have the same issues with child labor/slavery as West Africa.

Children in cocoa production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(I'm not out to guilt-trip anyone or tell anyone to boycott anything, and I don't claim to be perfect when it comes to purchasing ethically-produced products and these issues are very complicated, just sharing some resources for those interested in these issues.)

Last edited:
If it has chocolate and peppermint, I'm sold.

Interesting fact, Australia's chocolate is not "authentic" as the recipe they use over here has to be modified due to the climate. So what class as my favourite chocolate probably wouldn't even rate as chocolate in some countries.

A box of fancy chocolates got me into some trouble at Sydney airport a few years ago, I was on my way home after a short holiday and when my bag went through the x-ray scanner the man on duty ordered me around the side of the machine and explain what he was seeing on the screen. I didn't know what it was at first (it looked really sinister) and as I racked my brains I could see him getting more and more suspicious. I suddenly remembered the chocolates and quickly explained and so was let off, my sister reckons I was blushing like crazy after that, I was so embarrassed and all because I have a sweet tooth.

I've found my taste for sweets has changed as I got older, but I still have a thing for frozen snickers and mars bars.

New Threads

Top Bottom