• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your favorite type of chocolate?

What's your favorite type of chocolate?

• Milk

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Dark

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • White

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

. . .

V.I.P Member
I like milk chocolate the best.

Dark chocolate doesn't do much for me, but I will eat it if it's the only thing available. And white chocolate is . . . tolerable.

The very best type of chocolate, IMO, is milk orange chocolate:

5590031294_10e1eb77bf_o.jpg

4285358600_a16f8c1df1_b.jpg

If you've never had a Terry's Chocolate Orange, I suggest that you get one. They're great.

Last edited:
Heh... looks pretty awesome shaped as an orange ^^

I usually only care for dark chocolate. And by dark I mean, nearly black. Usually, when I'm out to buy chocolate (and not a Mars bar, because that in my opinion is just a candy bar which coincides with being chocolate as an ingredient to make the product), I'll look around for something that, at least says, 70+ % cocoa. They're usually quite bitter, but they still have a tinge of sweetness to them, which is usually enough for me in regards to having candy.

Either of these is usually one I get at the supermarket nearest my place

View attachment 1972

now that we're talking chocolate, apparently one of the bigger brands recently introduced "dark" chocolate milk, as opposed to the regular "milk chocolate" flavor. I have yet to try that. When I have that around it's usually the Mocha variety of Chocomel (dutch brand, don't know if it's available in other countries except for holland and belgium).

Also, I discovered that Mars actually has a drink. Milkshake of sorts. I tried it, and it found it really horrid. It felt like I had a everlasting mars bar in my mouth and kinda feared it would eat away the enamel on my teeth. But I guess, if you really, really like those Mars bars, it's good.

With chocolate I'm usually inclined to try varieties out. Chocolate tablets with some kind of filling like the Ritter Sport products. Some of them are really good and rather "weird". They once had Rhubarb/strawberry filling... but that's a bit like the 1000 and 1 kit-kat flavours in Japan. And Milka usually has "limited editions"... never seen them in Holland, but German supermarkets have those things around a lot.

So, for straight chocolate, really dark, for chocolate + something, I could settle with milk, but that's probably a convenience because they rarely have it in a dark variety.

I don't really care for white chocolate... I always thought it came across as "would be" chocolate.

Wow King_Oni. You really know chocolate lol I voted for milk chocolate, but then again Iv never really tried to many kinds to be as well informed as Oni

Real chocolate, not the kind that some companies call "chocolate" when it's actually not. One time I had a candy that was supposed to be chocolate but when I looked at the ingredients there's no cocoa in it at all :)

You mean, all chocolate got to have the cocoa smell in it?
I mean it has to have an appropriate amount of cocoa in it without artificial taste "enhancers". Some companies use artificial additives that taste like cocoa.

Wow King_Oni. You really know chocolate lol I voted for milk chocolate, but then again Iv never really tried to many kinds to be as well informed as Oni

I go around a lot in my area, and since I'm practically living on the dutch/german border (plus my parents usually visit belgium or luxemburg once a month or so) I'm bound to see a lot of different national brands around. I'm also one who likes a certain flavors, so I'm usually inclined to try out new products, even if they don't stick around that long. Though I rarely buy something just "because it's new"... it's more of the "I want some chocolate, let's try this".

I dream of going to King_Oni's place and enjoy a chocolate feast. Meanwhile, I will bring a few laksa/chicken rice/whatever Singapore has as delicacies to King_Oni:)

The only chocolate I like is white chocolate, by itself.

I really don't like the taste of just straight, rich chocolate...fudge...any of that. It needs to be balanced by something else, usually vanilla or creme, for me to like it (like Kinder or Cadbury Creme eggs).

Yummy! How I love 'em all! :)

I absolutely love Cadbury's Dairy Milk Fruit and Nut

images.jpg

My mouth is watering at just the thought mmmmmm :)

I have another favorite which are Cadbury's Giant Chocolate Buttons, these are my preferred confectionery when I am at the cinema.

cadbury-giant-buttons.png

I have never been into dark chocolate but when my partner was pregnant with our first born I had a crazy craving for Bournville Dark Chocolate! since then I have never eaten dark chocolate and don't feel the need too.

My favorite used to be milk chocolate. That changed once I started to learn how dark chocolate has the most antioxidants; ever since then I've been eating mostly dark chocolate and have come to like the taste even better than milk chocolate.

New Threads

Top Bottom