• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's the best version of Street Fighter 2?

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
The two versions I am most familiar with is this PS2 port of world warrior and champion edition that was bundled with this capcom arcade game compilation. SF2 has a gazillion other versions though so I'm curious which one is the best.

I had Street Fighter II Turbo on SNES. It was ok. I was never a huge fan of beat 'em ups.

91G183aGGML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ed

As a very long time fighting game fan, I can promise you, you'll never get a genuine "this is definitnely the objectively best" answer to this one.

There's too many versions and Capcom has milked it so bad that the cow died and then they kept milking the dead cow but then the dead cow died again somehow, which makes no sense, but neither does Capcom's ability to somehow get away with doing that over and over.

The Street Fighter wiki has comprehensive lists of all the releases, including which platforms it was ported to:

Street Fighter II (series)

I found this article on each update and what was added:

https://www.cbr.com/every-street-fighter-ii-updated-version-and-what-they-added/

Now what with all the emulators and ROMs about these days, you can easily try tonnes of different versions to see which you like the best. But, different versions might have subtle differences, for example, one version in a compilation release might have more input lag than the same version as a standalone release.

Good luck to you if you try to tackle the mountain of releases!

As a very long time fighting game fan, I can promise you, you'll never get a genuine "this is definitnely the objectively best" answer to this one.

There's too many versions and Capcom has milked it so bad that the cow died and then they kept milking the dead cow but then the dead cow died again somehow, which makes no sense, but neither does Capcom's ability to somehow get away with doing that over and over.
Have you played any of the versions?

Have you played any of the versions?

Yes, but they're mostly the same to me, aside from some having more characters or something like that.

One way or another, it's all Street Fighter 2. As long as you're not playing a version with busted controls or a messed up framerate (generally these things are happening on really obscure old consoles) then you're good to go.

Graphically, the HD remix done by UDON is the best in that regard.

Personally, I prefer SF III 2nd Impact (Better music and sounds.) and 3rd Strike (Better character selection.) over SF II.

i use it's music to facially stimulate my face before i shave.

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU
how messed up the defeated portraits of the characters from SF2 & SSF2 look when the continue screen is playing & how messed up they look & sound when they're retried,as well as how messed up some of them sound when retried in SSF2 HD Remix after the countdown reaches 0.

New Threads

Top Bottom