• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's so great about humans?

SchrodingersMeerkat

trash mammal
I was talking to a friend of mine who used to be my boyfriend too. We broke up because I'm aromatic asexual and because as time went on, his interests changed. Veterinary medicine and becoming a veterinarian is my main special interest. He used to want to be one too and had a very good chance at it but he let people tell him he couldn't or maybe just realized it wasn't for him. He has Asperger's too.

He showed me a picture of one of his original characters. He said she is the assistant of his veterinarian character. I gave some ideas and he said "Stop assuming every one of my characters is veterinary related!" Well, you showed her assisting your vet character, I think anyone is going to assume she's a veterinary technician or veterinary nurse. I knew of people who were both people doctors and veterinarians. Than goes on "I like human stuff too". I asked him what was so great about humans.

I possibly have some CPTSD from bullying and emotional abuse and do not trust humans so easily. I never was crazy about humans even as a little kid. Other kids were mean to me for no reason and the nice kids just confused me. Being bullied as I got older...even into adult hood didn't make me like human beings anymore.

My best friends were dogs, horses, a goat, cats, rabbits, a ferret, rats, cows, a pig, fish, snails, mice and a bearded dragon. They were never mean to me. Yes I got bit or scratched by accident, but they never did it on purpose. People were mean for no reason.

He says he was bullied, but I don't think to the extent I was. He also grew up in a church family where he always had access to other kids to play with. I knew kids like that where I lived, but if they were already established as a group, it was pretty hard if not impossible to join that group yourself. My mother never really forced me to socialize with other people. I think she has Asperger's herself because she is not super people crazy. She also always told me that it isn't true isolation if you have an animal with you.

The gift with other mammals, and animals generally, is a marvel.

Objectively there isn't a cookie-cutter pattern to adhere to in what kinds of levels and amounts we relate to other people at.

At any rate the owners of animals will enjoy having their creatures as a common bond to take the focus off you personally in those relationships.

At 65 I now think people are great because we're us, but I don't let them use herd instinct to pile on me any more; I wait - sometimes years - for them to show some individuality.

I never got close to anyone as a youngster. Now I let people come running to me. And some do. Sometimes.

Humans are great because they have potential. That's the best I got for you, but I think it's enough. As for specific individuals, no, they won't be so great, although some of them are still worth your time if you can find em. But I exist, which means humans have a potential to be like me and I don't think I'm so bad. I'm very sweet and considerate and thoughtful, and I'm smart and creative, and I have a drive to make the world a better place. Humans have created technological literary and artistic marvels, and we have discovered so little of the startling wonders of the natural world. And yet what we have learned so far is absolutely amazing. The fact that it's so little just means there's so much more left to learn. We can share the most wonderful things with each other. It's just things keep getting in the way. If my life has meaning, it's to do away with or lessen some of the things getting in the way. It's worthwhile to be here with others. They say 90% of anything is crap, but in that case there's still ten percent left over. But I don't even believe that, I just think there's so much hurt going around it's really really hard to learn to do better. I believe everyone can learn. Maybe not from me, and if it hurts me too much to help one individual I'll have to leave them to somebody else. But everyone has the potential for greatness. We're worth it.

I just think there's so much hurt going around it's really really hard to learn to do better. I believe everyone can learn. Maybe not from me, and if it hurts me too much to help one individual I'll have to leave them to somebody else. But everyone has the potential for greatness.

This is what life is about, I think.

I used to have a very bad outlook on humans. But, my friend helped me see hope in them. And anyone that saves puppy, kittens, and animals in trouble aren't all bad.

I absolutely prefer other animals over humans, no question. Much easier to interact with. And I hate how most humans have such a superiority complex, too, that they think somehow just being a human means they’re better than any other species, that other animals don’t even have a right to live just because they’re, say, spiders. It is not “just a spider,” it is another living thing just like you, no need to kill it just for existing.

Humans are amazing in what the species is capable of creating and terrible for the same reason. To put it another way, humans can be great and can be awful.

I have mixed feelings about humanity. I think life is precious and beautiful but at the same time humanity overall can be a shameful disappointment.

I believe humanity in large part has the wrong priorities and places importance on the wrong things. It's sad. In some respect I feel we should all be ashamed and try to change for the better. Actually, that's one of the major faults of humanity: lack of shame.

There are many incredible things about humans, but, generally, in day-to-day encounters, I dislike them.

Kindness, but to be honest I was bullied for a few years. It was because my dad ask me to stop fighting. From 8 to 14, until I made said no fight, but defend yourself. Although to be honest I always felt bad for them. I always thought about what made them become that way. Although as adults I've ran into them and they all apologize for being that way.

I appreciate the simplicity of companion animals.
There's a purity to co existing side by side with few or no expectations and complete acceptance.

In general, I like humans, albeit at a bit of a distance.
There's only a handful of people I can cope with sharing my space.

But generally their intelligence and ability to change, adapt and overcome.
Constantly experiencing, learning and improving.
Pretty incredible coming from a vibrating sack of chemical interactions with handy rotating thumbs when I think about it :)

The thing with aging is you find acceptance with yourself and l don't need to find it elsewhere. Such as in other people. I am make my home a comfortable relaxing place. And l feel less and less need to go out these days.

There other sad fact is people are struggling. We have a major movement of people in to our state due to pandemic economic created conditions. The despair is real. It brings more wolves clothed in lamb's clothing looking to prey on the older population. Staying alone is actually is survival tactic used by many single older woman.

Last edited:
The thing with aging is you find acceptance with yourself and l don't need to find it elsewhere. Such as in other people. I am make my home a comfortable relaxing place. And l feel less and less need to go out these days.

There other sad fact is people are struggling. We have a major movement of people in to our state due to pandemic economic created conditions. The despair is real. It brings more wolves clothed in lamb's clothing looking to prey on the older population. Staying alone is actually is survival tactic used by many single older woman.

Their not from my pack. We protect such people.

I am glad i found this thread. I really don't think humanity is anything to celebrate with how amazing they are, nor are human relationships such a sacred beautiful thing. Humans have Limited capabilities and emotions. Empathy and compassion is also Limited. So they shouldn't be considered sacred.
And people who don't have these relationships should not be considered worthless. People should be considered worthy and beautiful just because they exist. Their value do not come from how they relate to others.

Their not from my pack. We protect such people.

l find l need protection from people who insist l need protection. l don't do illegal things. l find that groups of people who harrass me in attempts to push *their * protection on me are full of shittake.

The "Columbiners", teens who worship the Columbine shooters and other serial killers, have a saying, "Humanity Is Overrated". They are right, but not in the way they use it. So many humans destroy everything they touch, to the point that humanity came close to destroying the entire earthly biosphere with nuclear weapons simply to "win" a war with their main opponent. Not even the great apes are THAT crazy.

Humans seem to have a need to have a "lover" to stroke their own narcissism about being a worthy person. The whole "psychic" scam milieu is built around finding a lover. Psychics who sit for media interviews generally say that most of their clients want to know who their next lover will be. I remember going to one who ignored all my questions and instead spent an hour quizzing me on my "ideal mate" then launching into a long rant about how to go about finding her.

The need to "civilize" their world and to find a "lover" seem to be the main preoccupation of most humans, and I hate it because I don't share it. What is wrong with accepting nature on its terms and with being alone? Humans seem to be terrified of being alone to the point that they will engage in very risky behavior, and/or spend large sums of money on their appearance and on partying, just to find a partner.

Humans have such weird preoccupations in their lives, and are such shallow people, that they aren't worth wasting my time on.

This page is currently blaring ads at me from something called "jtv" hawking cheap costume jewelry as a Valentine's Day present. *facepalm* The need to spend vast sums on pretty rocks hammered into expensive metal which is then sold at a huge markup only to be dumped by her in a few years after the "relationship" inevitably goes off the rails into a mess of screaming matches and tit-for-tat "affairs" is another thing about NT's that baffles me. Check out the plushie aisle in your local thrift store someday to find all the Valentine's Day plushies that originally sold for lots of money being offered for 50 cents a pop. Then head over to the glassware aisle for the shot glasses engraved with the names and date of a marriage that was only a few years ago. (At least in the US such handouts are popular at the spectacular weddings of the affluent.) Guess that marriage wasn't really made in heaven, huh?

Humans are great because they have potential. That's the best I got for you, but I think it's enough. As for specific individuals, no, they won't be so great, although some of them are still worth your time if you can find em. But I exist, which means humans have a potential to be like me and I don't think I'm so bad. I'm very sweet and considerate and thoughtful, and I'm smart and creative, and I have a drive to make the world a better place. Humans have created technological literary and artistic marvels, and we have discovered so little of the startling wonders of the natural world. And yet what we have learned so far is absolutely amazing. The fact that it's so little just means there's so much more left to learn. We can share the most wonderful things with each other. It's just things keep getting in the way. If my life has meaning, it's to do away with or lessen some of the things getting in the way. It's worthwhile to be here with others. They say 90% of anything is crap, but in that case there's still ten percent left over. But I don't even believe that, I just think there's so much hurt going around it's really really hard to learn to do better. I believe everyone can learn. Maybe not from me, and if it hurts me too much to help one individual I'll have to leave them to somebody else. But everyone has the potential for greatness. We're worth it.
Thank you, well said

Does anyone else have a will to never want to cheat? I see affairs and I was ponderous. I can only have one partner at a time in a relationship. Always turned down opportunities. It's just not me, not sure if that's another aspie trait.

New Threads

Top Bottom