• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's it like being a single adult?

Yes, I've been there too. It's heartbreaking when not only do other people find something you're longing for but can't be a part of, they also stop hanging out with you.

I don't know what changes so much that suddenly being single means you can't be invited. I don't understand.

That's the worst thing. The losing friends because their lives change so much, but you're still in the same place.

I handled that by moving to the city. There are new people coming and going from my church every year and I've met loads of new people that way. Unfortunately, they move back home when their visa expires, but WhatsApp is good for keeping in touch. And now I have people in other countries to go and visit.

I can relate so much! I've never had a relationship and don't have many friends (despite my best efforts). I live with my parents and wish to find love / be more social.

Personally find it crushing makes me feel like no one whants what I have to offer despite having made a few friends online this year.

I haven’t had a relationship since 2010 and trying to get into another has been a harrowing and hopeless journey. Even with COVID going on and less social opportunities available, I still feel the ache, especially when I see people who coupled up before the pandemic came along.

I seem to be immune to loneliness at this point, I rarely interact in person with anyone outside my immediate family except medical professionals. I’m actually afraid of interacting with other people now and want to try to become less isolated and ease that fear, but that’s hard to do with COVID and a weakened immune system.

I was starting to socialize good them March 20th, 2020 Covid crap shutdowns happened and any slim chance of an relationship was crushed.

New Threads

Top Bottom