• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's Good Today?

Today I clean and trim 32 bulbs of garlic that I harvested.
20220715_160821.jpg

I brought a picnic lunch to my daughter for the second day in a row. She and I took her lunchbreak next to a pretty pond. It was sprinkling out, so we sat on a bench under a Japanese Maple. It was lovely to have a day where it wasn't nearly 100, for once. We were nice and dry as the rain fell all around us.

The picnic foods I made today were: grilled quesadillas, pinto beans with corn, topped with spicy pickled carrots, hot sauce, and parmesan, and a Cesar salad. We drank apple juice, and shared a Hershey bar for dessert.

When her break was over, I buzzed around town, and explored the local Ace Hardware. I bought a long window planter. I will transplant my celery and green onions into it. I'm excited for my lil new garden.

Now I am at home, resting in my jammies in bed. In a few, I'm a'gonna braise a beef brisquet and then transfer it to the Instant pot with carrots and celery. It'll be just lovely. The lunch was quite big today, so I don't know if we'll eat much tonight, but it'll make great leftovers.

My daughter has been craving roast beef sandwiches, so that's a possibility for tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, some people from church are delivering a couch. No, I don't own a couch. I just line up the kitchen chairs in front of the tv, But all that's about to change! Bwahahahaha!

Also I have 2 bags of cukes I need to pickle. I love doing that!!! Spicy sweet and sours seem to be a big hit this year, so that's what I'm making.

I got all my chores to do, but I keep feeling sleepier and sleepier. No time for a nap, unfortunately. It'll be an early night.

Last edited:
I brought a picnic lunch to my daughter for the second day in a row. She and I took her lunchbreak next to a pretty pond. It was sprinkling out, so we sat on a bench under a Japanese Maple. It was lovely to have a day where it wasn't nearly 100, for once. We were nice and dry as the rain fell all around us.

The picnic foods I made today were: grilled quesadillas, pinto beans with corn, topped with spicy pickled carrots, hot sauce, and parmesan, and a Cesar salad. We drank apple juice, and shared a Hershey bar for dessert.

When her break was over, I buzzed around town, and explored the local Ace Hardware. I bought a long window planter. I will transplant my celery and green onions into it. I'm excited for my lil new garden.

Now I am at home, resting in my jammies in bed. In a few, I'm a'gonna braise a beef brisquet and then transfer it to the Instant pot with carrots and celery. It'll be just lovely. The lunch was quite big today, so I don't know if we'll eat much tonight, but it'll make great leftovers.

My daughter has been craving roast beef sandwiches, so that's a possibility for tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, some people from church are delivering a couch. No, I don't own a couch. I just line up the kitchen chairs in front of the tv, But all that's about to change! Bwahahahaha!

Also I have 2 bags of cukes I need to pickle. I love doing that!!! Spicy sweet and sours seem to be a big hit this year, so that's what I'm making.

I got all my chores to do, but I keep feeling sleepier and sleepier. No time for a nap, unfortunately. It'll be an early night.
Nice. You are so resourceful! Tomorrow is a 22 mile bike ride with the club, then on Thursday I will be making garlic jelly.

Homemade Indian food for dinner.

A can of Diet Mountain Dew in my hand right now.

Air conditioning in my house.

A swanky cigar for later tonight.

In about fifteen minutes, volunteers from the construction yard across the street are going to install plexiglass in my bedroom window, for my air conditioner. They are building an 11 story elder care hospital right across the street, and it is very loud (pylons hammered into the earth at 6 a.m. anyone?). I didn't say this, but sometimes I am ill and need rest, and it's pretty hard to do so if your alarm clock every morning is a load of steel trusses lowered from a crane. I guess she knows I use a wheelchair, and so she asked for my window's dimensions, and offered to send a couple guys over to install it.

I didn't act like a Karen and demand it or anything. I just was talking to a lady who works in the construction office, and said how pretty the building looks, and joked about how loud it is in the morning. She offered to have a couple guys cut a sheet of plexiglass and install it, to mute the noise (my a.c. is framed with only cardboard), if I can come back with the dimensions. I was very embarrassed at first, and didn't get back to her. So she sought me out and reminded me to measure my window.

Even though it's the end of summer, it's still nice to have for those balmy, early autumn days. Plus I can use it next year!

People can be really decent. You know that?

Last edited:
Still trying to do 3 good things in a day:
1) had my appointment with the autism clinic and it seemed like it was positive enough to have an action plan, although I do have homework to work on for myself on myself.
2) Started reading one of the books that I’ve had on my to read shelf since March this evening, so this is good.
3) I got an ice tea that is one of the more expensive brands, it was 50% reduced.
4) I posted my letter that I need to send off.

I finished some art.
I enjoyed doing it, it's supposed to be abstract ocean waves, I will paint it.

Attachments

• tempImagewwvUE5.png
    tempImagewwvUE5.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 33
I went out with my daughter today. We went into our old wooded trail. We saw a great blue heron, and the first flowers of the season. Lots of duckies and robins. We hung out in the fabric store, admiring fabric, yarn, and beads. It was a good respite from the week's affairs.

Chocolate coated coffee beans. Rich dark chocolate and crunchy coffee. Mmm.....

I found out that it's possible to subscribe to kitty litter and cat food. I'm trying that, so now I will get kitty litter and cat food delivered to my doorstep once a month. With free shipping and a 5% discount. Sounds very convenient.

@Luca, I imagine your army of dogs eat a ton of food every month, have you checked if you can subscribe and get it delivered to your door? Saves some time and less carrying home from the store.

I found out that it's possible to subscribe to kitty litter and cat food. I'm trying that, so now I will get kitty litter and cat food delivered to my doorstep once a month. With free shipping and a 5% discount. Sounds very convenient.

@Luca, I imagine your army of dogs eat a ton of food every month, have you checked if you can subscribe and get it delivered to your door? Saves some time and less carrying home from the store.
Yes, I have been doing that :)
It’s a good way to save a trip to the store!

New Threads

Top Bottom