• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's Good Today?

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
191042494_1289443428185856_5010294374390929890_n.jpg

Sunny sky. Shorts and t-shirt weather. Birds singing. Working out in the garden. Noticing all the new growth. Sipping on iced tea. No thoughts of work. No thoughts of family. Not a care in the world. Just me, myself, and I.

Taking mail to the mailbox and noticed a Monarch caterpillar on a Milkweed, then took a detour down by the pond and saw that a Painted turtle has moved in and was chasing tadpoles. Little makes me calmer than seeing the little critters we share our world with (except for the mice who insist on building nests in cars).

My third pumpkin seedling put it's head up, and now there's 4 more coming up! And this was after I'd had to perform a pumpkinhuskectomy on the third guy, as he couldn't get his head out of his husk. It's an innovative procedure that I was performing for only the second time, but he's come through fine! We're calling him Stanley. The first two are Wilfrid and Sidney.

Dvorak's Slavonic Dances 1 and 2 on the record player.

Tea. Need I say more?

Rain outside, cool weather (even better as I don't have AC.)

The positivity in this thread.

Lunch at a casual Island restaurant.
Crab cakes, coconut shrimp, fries and molten lava cake.
Sat at table overlooking a large lake.
Only negative was it is too hot to eat outside on the dockside.

I declared that we'd be "playing hookey" from our homeschool day. Instead, we walked down to McD's for breakfast, and then found an awesome deal at the grocery store for ground beef (man it's going up in price!). Once we were home, we just sat back with a big lunch salad and watched Star Trek Voyager (our favorite show). Other than a couple chores, my daughter can pretty much do whatever she wants today.

Something good:

I had a bacon, cheese and egg Hot Pocket for breakfast this morning, and it was really so so good. I’m still smiling over it. This morning’s coffee was good too!

The house smells so good right now. My daughter is making me an onion bagel with cream cheese and salmon for breakfast. We have left over ice coffee from yesterday, so I have a good feeling about what's to drink. She'll be having blueberry pancakes.

This is gonna be a good morning!

My daughter and I are celebrating Christmas in July. We like to celebrate Christmas once every six months. Life is stressful enough. It's nice to have a two week holiday in the middle of summer, where we give gifts and relax.

It's not big like actual Christmas. In fact, we just usually give little Dollar Tree gifts. But it's a good way to relax.

New Threads

Top Bottom