• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's Good Today?

Had a great day on the Manistee River with friends on a very powerful and lively section. Celebrated a friend's birthday with a peach pie my spouse cooked, carried in her kayak and surprised her with it at lunch. Such time with friends feels so good.
IMG_3890.jpeg

We've had a lovely Mother/Daughter weekend. Lots of board games and good food. Went out to pizza and a movie. Also I showed her some Mel Brooks films at home. It was so funny. We even cuddled and slept in "Mama's Bed" and haven't done that in a long, long time. She's my little sweet heart.

Today we'll start on Homeschooling again. She's been doing school all summer, and she's very driven as a student. I had to kind of force her to take the past three weeks off for some sort of Summer Break for Rosh Hashanah.

I really enjoy, more than anything else in the whole world, being a mother. I never have regretted it once. Loving her is my life's work. I feel honored to have been able to homeschool her throughout all her years. It really is the best choice.

Does, does, does! We have had a small heard of deer take up residence on the property where we are staying. 4 adult females, 1 yearling doe and one fawn born this year. This is the yearling.
20210911_064749.jpg

After a 2.5 hour long nap, my daughter and I were chatting it up in the kitchen making a hearty, yet healthy lunch salad.

Cooler weather
I function better in cooler temps.

New sensitive toothpaste that doesn't irritate my mouth.
(grateful for small mercies)

No family dramas at breakfast.
Calm meal time.

Day is off to a great start :)

Fall colors are starting to come out along the Au Sable today. Lots of fly fishers were out, too, enjoying the fine weather. One caught a Brown Trout in front of us.
2021 09 17_South Branch AuSable_1519_1024x628.jpg

Today it was cold and rainy. We went on a walk into the forest and saw the creek, which was little more than a muddy ditch last week, now swollen to the banks with fresh mountain water.

We haven't had a rainstorm this delicious in about six months. Oh how it's coming down, I can't believe it!

Today I made homemade marshmallows with maple syrup. OMG! They taste like maple sugar candy, melt in your mouth and have a lovely bouncy quality. Sooo goood!

Hiking on the first full day of Autumn to Lake Michigan on the Old Indian trail with my spouse at the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
20210922_105126.jpg

My eye exam got cancelled today so my mother and I went out shopping instead and I got some crafts and a few other trinkets.

My daughter and I went down to the creek. She waded with at least a dozen ducks. All was calm and happy, until a nutria started zigzagging across the creek, getting closer and closer to her, as if to say "Stay off my turf!" She got out of the water pretty quick. It was quite funny.

We went down a trail, into the forest, me in my wheelchair and her walking along side. We got to our favorite bridge, and I parked my wheelchair, and practiced walking back and forth across it. It was wonderful.

We walked to our favorite part of the forest. This area on the trail where the creek goes around a little bend, and the clean air smells like pine. It's very quiet and trees bow across the trail. My daughter calls it the "Wedding Arbor".

My daughter and I went down to the creek. She waded with at least a dozen ducks. All was calm and happy, until a nutria started zigzagging across the creek, getting closer and closer to her, as if to say "Stay off my turf!" She got out of the water pretty quick. It was quite funny.

We went down a trail, into the forest, me in my wheelchair and her walking along side. We got to our favorite bridge, and I parked my wheelchair, and practiced walking back and forth across it. It was wonderful.

We walked to our favorite part of the forest. This area on the trail where the creek goes around a little bend, and the clean air smells like pine. It's very quiet and trees bow across the trail. My daughter calls it the "Wedding Arbor".
Nature is healing, isn't it?

New Threads

Top Bottom