• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's Good Today?

It's cold out today! Like in the 60s! I'm wearing real pants for the first time in months! And I'm going to go enjoy the outdoors without my red headed, freckle faced self getting sunburned! I am in such a happy, energetic mood! Arrivederci!

It was my cheat day for food! Meaning I got to eat how I wanted and tomorrow I start counting carbs again. My dietitian said I can have two cheat days, so I choose to do them on the weekends. :)

After months of hot drought and smoky skies, I was rained on in a big violent cloudburst. It was grand. I got so cold and so wet that my toes turned blue. I was so happy. I just wanted to stay in the rain forever.

Afterward, we took a walk and petted goats and cats. I was so happy.

And then, this evening, I told my daughter a bedtime story that made her laugh so hard, that she went off to bed making lots of jokes about it. I finally had to shush her, with a smile on my face because she was so giggly.

Good day.

Only woke up half an hour ago, so it's just the tea, toast and marmalade so far. My tomato seeds have sprouted so might put them in bigger pots later. Forecast is 25C, so quite warm.

Today enjoyed a 24 mile early fall (meterological fall) ride between two mid-Michigan towns on a nice bike trail with friends.
20210905_133048.jpg

In spite of everything I actually had a really nice day. I went out to breakfast, watched one of my favorite movies, and spent time with my parents. I also found out that my neighbors who I don't even know, care about my family very much.

I also did so much exercise. I stood up and walked more today than I have since first got in the wheelchair. I had the energy to do it too. It felt great after all those months of sitting down to actually exercise to the point of exertion.

Whoever is praying for my family. Thank you. We have guardian angels.

Last edited:
Well, was lovely weather, ended up potting up the tomato seedlings, did a load of washing, cooked and cleaned a bit.

Had my first flies of the season in the house - that's how you know it's Spring.

Someone gave us really expensive, really healthy food today.

So we've eaten this today:

Breakfast: A few crackers with a cheese assortment, grapes and apples

Brunch: Two kinds of sushi rolls

Linner (late lunch/early dinner): A big fancy southwest salad.

started some sunflower and california poppy seeds yesterday, was drizzly all day. Suns back today.

Yesterday evening was very exciting. I've been really working on strengthening my legs and my core, and I've felt so energized and sort of bored lately with always being careful.

So I was out on a walk with my daughter and all of a sudden I got out of my wheelchair, and held my daughter's hand and just started walking. At first she freaked out and flexed her arm to support my weight so I didn't fall. I told her to just walk with me, so she relaxed her arm, and we walked through the neighborhood. I got further than I ever have, and started to feel fatigued, so we turned around and went back to the wheelchair.

It was lovely to just walk like that. No wheelchair, walker, or cane. Just along side my precious daughter.

Whomever is praying for me, thank you.

Tossing bits of bread to the young yaks.
And managing to get an apple in the mouth of
a grown yak (not #72 or #32. A guy with no tag).

He also took bread from my hand.

New Threads

Top Bottom