• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What’d you score on the Autistic Quotient test?

38, but the questions are so iffy. If there is a quiet play to see vs a loud, fun for the kiddies museum, well then I would choose the theater. If it's the average art museum then the museum.

31, but I was painfully aware that my "mask" would not stop asserting itself, I sense that it is similar in strength to my very survival instinct, indeed, may be one and the same.
(Makes sense, I have always relied on it as such.) Best guess? 40(-ish) if I could remove the self-inflicted censorship (that I am aware of).

The first time I did (when I didn't even know High Functioning Autism or Asperger's even existed) the test I scored 37. Other times I did the test normally, I scored anywhere from 33 to 41.

One time I did the test deliberately trying to score as low as I could without outright lying, and that time I scored 29.

I'm usually around a 29, which seems low to me, however a lot of the questions involve socializing, and that has never been much of an issue for me. It's the nuances of socialization where I have deficits, not socializing in itself. I'm a social butterfly, and find socializing quite easy. At the same time, I can't read between the lines, and I'm a very literal thinker. I misinterpret others' points, and they misinterpret mine. I also have difficulty spotting a wolf in sheep's clothing.

AQ: 40/50 (the one you are talking about I guess) SQ: 57/150 EQ: 15/80

But you know this is a test with weird questions they are not always in pace even with how society works nowadays...

The precise number is not this important it might be usefull as a first step even thought I think some people can have a result saying they might be on the spectrum while they are not and vice versa.

It's usefull but not enought in my opinion.

26... based on my current self. 27 based on my perceived self as a teen. 32 based on before learning social skills (i.e. before I started making an effort to talk to people-was quiet mostly through elementary school).

New Threads

Top Bottom