• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What’d you score on the Autistic Quotient test?

Score of 46 just now, but some of the questions I find it hard to feel honest answering any way: so much can depend upon context.

Score of 46 just now, but some of the questions I find it hard to feel honest answering any way: so much can depend upon context.
There were questions that were obviously autistic oriented/biased, but I wanted an honest appraisal.

Yeah, context and specific personal experiences would affect the outcome of the score.
No question I am on the spectrum, though, based on my results. ;)

There were questions that were obviously autistic oriented/biased, but I wanted an honest appraisal.

Yeah, context and specific personal experiences would affect the outcome of the score.
No question I am on the spectrum, though, based on my results. ;)

Yep, the obvious questions trouble me: I click my immediate response, then start questioning myself... is the answer I’ve given really true, or am I subconsciously fabricating a false sense of self to cover up the potential for a worse interpretation of how I am (I’ve had an underlying on/off fear that I may be some kind of sociopath since I was in my teens).

And some make me question the question, i.e: gauging the intentions of characters in fictional works, utterly dependent on how the book in question is written: some have large amounts of interior monologue that make such matters explicit or as good as... others just designate external behaviours, and I’ve no idea.

On Friday night I found out that my mum disliked my ex at first sight: I was with her for six years and had no idea, was continually trying to reassure her “but mum takes you clothes shopping and buys you dresses and so forth: why would she do that if she didn’t like you?” etc.

Turns out I can’t tell whether my own mother does or doesn’t like someone. :rolleyes:

Recently filled out an “AQ10” form for my GP to submit as evidence to obtain funding for me to be assessed, and when Mrs K pointed out my answers scored 10/10 I immediately started questioning myself...
Think I need to go through with it to feel secure about who/what I am: either way... :confused:

New Threads

Top Bottom