• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Were Your Past Obsessions?

As a kid, I used to be obsessed with (and in some cases, still am):
  • Cartoons/ Movies
  • Drawing/ Colouring-In/ Clay modelling/ Photography
  • Animals, dinosaurs, mythological creatures
  • My bicycle - used to come home and ride that thing for hours with my dog
  • My dog, and various others pets (including turtles, rabbits, and mice)
  • Nintendo 64
  • My dad's old DOS-operated computer
I love the list including the Dos Computer Part.

Right now, physics, the really weird kind. Which sucks because nobody likes to talk about it. So when I'm having a conversation with somebody I have to fight the urge to go, did you know that time is related to gravity? Did you know that you can travel forward in time, it's just a matter of speed? Like if you were orbiting the earth near the speed of light for two years when you landed it would be ten years later on earth? Sigh...
Having a conversation on this topic would interest me.

-When I was 8 I was obsessed with the movie "Annie", I watched it many many times, I still watch it every now and then
-fairyes
-Nineteenth century literature (I still love it)

When I was a child, maybe starting at around age 3-4, I became obsessed with anything and everything British. I was a complete Anglophile for many years, and I still love those Brits. :)

When I was a child, maybe starting at around age 3-4, I became obsessed with anything and everything British. I was a complete Anglophile for many years, and I still love those Brits. :)
Me too! Even though I'm a Hispanic-American, I constantly find myself using forms of british etiquette such as formality, posture, and even compulsively lifting my pinky when sipping from my mug of coffee!

Me too! Even though I'm a Hispanic-American, I constantly find myself using forms of british etiquette such as formality, posture, and even compulsively lifting my pinky when sipping from my mug of coffee!

The pinky-lifting thing is one of the first things I picked up on, and I did it well into adulthood. Maybe there's something about British formality that is appealing to some Aspies?

I was late in reading Harry Potter, but once I had started it my freshman year I was completely enamored and had the series finished by the middle of my sophomore year.

Last edited:
From 13 to 17 I was drunk everyday, smoked, misbehaved at school and did nothing but studying what I wanted. Then I was brought to the shrink and he made me realize I need to pretend I understand and agree with most of social rules to succeed in life or otherwise will have a really tough way through it.

From 13 to 17 I was drunk everyday, smoked, misbehaved at school and did nothing but studying what I wanted. Then I was brought to the shrink and he made me realize I need to pretend I understand and agree with most of social rules to succeed in life or otherwise will have a really tough way through it.
It has taken some serious bravado to make this post; for that, I commend you. I, too, had issues concerning underage drinking, starting when I was 14, but thankfully I was able to stop before my cravings turned into needs, quitting by the time I was 16.

It has taken some serious bravado to make this post; for that, I commend you. I, too, had issues concerning underage drinking, starting when I was 14, but thankfully I was able to stop before my cravings turned into needs, quitting by the time I was 16.
How did you do it? I needed someone to tell me ex cathedra that I could manipulate society at my will (inside some limits of course) to achieve some point of mental peace.

New Threads

Top Bottom