• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What were you doing on September 11, 2001

My girlfriend at the time [still my best friend] called me & told me about it. Immediatly I knew it was another Pearl Harbor. Crazy thing is 1 year before it happened, I was offered a job on the 75th floor at an Indian computer company. Showed up 45 minutes early for the job interview. So...being bored and looking for a job opportunity, I began knocking on doors. Most of the companies were 1-2 man operations, immigrants from various countries in [example] import/export business.

I asked them questions, they were polite, gave me their business cards etc. I always wondered what happened to them.
Anyway I had a bad feeling in my stomach about the job offer/working again in NYC & refused the job offer.

Last edited:
It was early morning on the west coast when I was woken by my mom who said "something big has happened!" and I was like "what somethnig big?" and then I went upstairs where CNN was on and I was like, "wow, a new trailer for a movie? no?" and then I realized it was real and it was like :unhappy:

Yeah, during the day at school there weren't any real lessons, just watching CNN and the teachers just talking to us about the event and how precious life is... pretty sobering for high schoolers

This is definitely a new perspective (new to me, I mean.)

It's a pile of tosh. America isn't controlled by Britain (ridiculous idea!). I saw how much protests there were against the Iraqi war in Britain, and it was all ignored by the government. why? because America controlled British politics (you had Bush, we had his mutated sycophantic offspring, Blair).

Luckily we have neither anymore.

As for what I was doing that day, I'd called round to my girlfriend and she and her friend was watching the news. It was after the first plane hit and before the second. As soon as I saw the second hit, I told her this was an act of war and America would retaliate. I went and took money out of my bank and filled my car with petrol, as I expected this was the first wave of something bigger. I overreacted on the day, but was proven right in the longer term unfortunately.

If we want to talk about control, I think those idiotic mentally deranged morons who did the attack in the first place had the last laugh - considering they managed to provoke so much death and destruction worldwide with their actions, which is all they cared for. I know it's impossible to imagine America doing this, but if they'd have just reacted in a less-violent way themselves, perhaps it would have sent a better message to the world about who the savages are. Impossible to do? No, but was too hard for the American government to achieve with the monkey in charge at the time.

It seems hard for people in America to realise that terrorism was taking place long before 9/11, but only America could make a hash of their response in such a globally destructive way.

I'm only responding like this in response to that ridiculous post about America being controlled by Britain. If that was the case, there wouldn't have been such a rush to go to war.

Dont want to start a slanging match, just want anyone following this thread to not think Britain had anything to do with Bush's actions. Im sure the people pulling his strings (and lets be honest, he had to have someone didnt he?!) weren't coming from Britain.

Sad era, and it's not over yet unfortunately.

I lived in New Jersey at the time and was a senior in high school. I was in one of my morning classes and one of my teachers came running into my classroom and told us to turn the TV on, because two planes had crashed into the World Trade Center. The first tower collapsed when I was walking between classes, and the second one collapsed when I was watching live on TV. I was just in complete shock that that had happened.

That evening I had to work. I worked at the Walmart in my town. I remember I had somebody go through my line who actually lived in lower Manhattan and worked in NJ, and he was unable to go home that night because of what happened. I also remember all the fighter jets flying overhead. It was quite scary.

I was in my last semester of nursing school and I actually was at the hospital doing clinicals. Funny thing was that my patient at the time had just had a heart attack and I was hoping that he wouldn't have another one from watching what was happing on TV.

I was working on a project at a bank in Slovenia when it happened. First I heard it was a light plane, then the facts slowly trickled in. We were trying to follow the news on the Internet but the major news sites were very slow. When we finished work I went back to my room and watched events untold on CNN.

I said at the time "this isn't just a terrorist attack, this is going to completely change the world". And it did change the world, just not as much as I expected.

There were still people in Slovenia who didn't know about the attacks several days later. It was a very insular country.

I was in high school. I arrived at school and two male friends of mine came up yelling, "World War 3 has started!" And I didn't believe them but everyone was freaking out and for the rest of the day each class was discussing the event and watching the news.

Heard it on the radio when I woke up, didn't really register until I saw it on TV. Then listened to John Lennons Imagine and got all emotional. Then realized that this was something that was going to cause a lot more pain than the 2 towers by the time all was said and done.

I was doing a computer course in a collage in Västerås Sweden, Some lady in the class said " oh its all gone crazy in america now" she was reading news online, we all looked at her but none took much notice. When i went home I looked online and saw the video of the plane going into the towers,I called mum in UK she told me she was scared a war was about to start.

I went out later to a bar and they were playing the news on a big screen, over and over, It was shocking to see all the people who had to jump from the building. There was a group of us but we didn't really speak much, just bait shocked.

9/11...returning to my business after a trip to my bank I heard the news of the first airplane striking the tower,as the second plane hit I arrived at work and told my employees the news...they were sent home to be with their families...we had no idea what was going on,but thought it was the beginning of a really nasty event...with my repair facility empty,I started the phone calls to my family and friends about the news and began to prepare to head to the camp in the mountains...I gathered my weapons and made categories of ammo boxes that were spray painted with colors on the lids that matched the colors I painted on my firearm's muzzles to avoid confusion in the event a firefight broke out...Last week I found a .50 cal. box that was still yellow from that day...I had a nasty old black and white TV rolling the news with an antenna rigged on it for reception and was sitting on a new tarp spread out to sort defense items. Some poor towtruck driver was delivering a car for repairs and found me stuffing 7.62x39mm cartridges into 30 round banana clips while sitting amongst broken military ammo cases and various small arms empty boxes. He had no idea that anything was happening and my actions kinda freaked him out. As the reports of the Pentagon and Shanksville came in,the Pa crash was very near to where I live...as things cooled off and the reports went stagnant,I was still not convinced it was over and went to the camp to meet up with family and friends who all went for the hills with provisions and defenses in preparation for invasion. I actually slept with my AK that night like a girlfriend with a 40 rounder locked and loaded and my .45 under my pillow...the next few weeks were very patriotic in my country as banners and American flags went up everywhere and the President said the fight was on...about 3 months after the wave of patriotics started,I saw American flags laying in the mud by the thousands,destroyed by weather and neglect...I still fly my flags today and revere them as not just cloth with little value,but a symbol of my country that needs respected and honored as a precious item...I once read a woman the riot act in a WalMart for selecting American flags that I looked at right before her that were made in China for the greedy Walton family profit monster...all my flags I buy are locally made by Americans for America as symbols of where they live,not made in foreign lands because they can make them inexpensively...The dust settled and it was over,conspiracies or not,it did happen and it was horrible to see my version of Pearl Harbor unfolding in front of me...

I was digging irrigation ditches on my farm and didn't get to hear the news until the following day. I had friends who were in NY and it took a while to find out they were ok. A tragic day.

Woke up after a one night stand, went to recruiters office and joined the US Navy.

Entering the school where I taught math and science. At first I thought they were viewing the trailer for a new disaster movie. Then we all watched as the second plane hit. It was stupefying. My mind and emotions kind of blanked out. It was incomprehensible to me that any human being would commit suicide in such a way as to take thousands of people with him.

Last edited:
I was in college in class. The college temporary shut down the Internet as too many people was viewing the news. Also since the college on a busy highway to the Canadian and USA boarder, traffic was backed up. My college gave the drivers food.

New Threads

Top Bottom