• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you cooked?

Baked a potato, added cheese and margarine. Feels like indulging, but isn’t really if it’s a small potato and I only really need to watch carbs.

Last nights dinner:

We had a frozen Margherita Pizza. It looked kind of sad- small, barely any cheese, and topped with anemic tomatoes, and copious amounts of ground seasonings.

So I jazzed it up. I added colby jack, feta crumbles, and shredded parmesan to the pizza. Then I topped it with mushrooms, spinach, and thinly sliced kielbasa. Baked for 15 at 400 degrees, and then 5 under the broiler. Mmm mmm! It went from store brand sadness to homemade heaven in about 20 minutes.

Carne Asada Soft Tacos

Carne asada grilled in olive oil with garlic cloves, spinach, and Himalayan sea salt. Topped with avocado and Tapatio. All on a home-crispy-grilled gordita sized low-carb whole-grain tortilla.

Baked a potato, added cheese and margarine. Feels like indulging, but isn’t really if it’s a small potato and I only really need to watch carbs.
Next time, if you're watching carbs, but craving potatoes, here's a high protein, low carb idea: Stuffed Potatoes!

Bake the potato and cut it in half. Scoop out all the filling from the potato, just leaving the empty skins, like bowls. Fill the potato skins with chili. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make mashed potatoes with the potato fillings (butter, milk, salt, pepper). Take a small amount of the mashed potatoes and put it on top of the chili. Save the rest of the mashed potatoes for other meals. Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions and hot sauce.

I have a very old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. It is falling apart but has good recipes. I made the Beef Stroganov. Except I used fresh mushrooms, half Porcini and half baby 'bellas.

I made nuggets with green onion, soy sauce and a red pepper. I forgot to add a carrot into it which I think would have been better.
Not sure what I will do tonight…but I’m currently debating to make a toastie or something.

Yesterday: Pasta primavera with broccoli, mushrooms and red onion in a nice white sauce. And a healthy banana bread with some mini dark chocolate chips sprinkled on top.

I’m going to cook some chicken noodle soup using rotisserie chicken and fresh vegetables.
I like to start with the picked over carcass to make a broth. I will add carrots, parsnips, celery, handful of chantrelles and cook just below boiling for hours (boiling produces a cloudy broth).

My standard one-pot supper: Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, sauteed mushrooms, and a few almonds boiled with just enough water to not go dry, as the steam re-heats leftover brown rice and lentil mix on top. Finished with ground cashews, chopped green onions, olive oil and soy sauce. I'm in a rare period of being down to only 65% organic.
I also bake bread by machine, grow sprouts, make my own granola and hummus, and a few baked treats per year.

A keto-style, vegetarian burrito bowl.

In a 50/50 olive oil, and unsalted butter combo, I sauteed onions, spinach, and home canned pinto beans until it was all soft and aromatic. I seasoned with just a little pink salt.

In a separate bowl, I whipped together six eggs, and some half and half. I poured that into the veggies, and cooked it until the eggs were fluffy.

I plated about a third of it, and topped it with plain yogurt, hot sauce, and shredded mild cheddar.

I have a cup of black milk tea on the side. Very lovely.

I am still getting used to the idea for cooking for one, so of course, I made too much. I'll save the rest in a tub to heat up for another meal. It's alright. I like having leftovers. Eggs are kinda sketchy in that regard, but I'm sure this'll be yummers.

I like to start with the picked over carcass to make a broth. I will add carrots, parsnips, celery, handful of chantrelles and cook just below boiling for hours (boiling produces a cloudy broth).
I had an entire rotisserie cooked chicken which is why I used it in a soup. I think I might have added too many noodles but it’s all good as it was supposed to be chicken noodle soup anyway.

Yesterday afternoon, I canned two quarts of pinto beans, and two quarts of nonfat milk. I like to preserve food in case of power outages. So, the milk will go in my disaster preparedness pantry, and the beans will just be for whenever I need them.

A box of chicken wings. Thankfully I finished cooking them about 5 minutes before the power failure last night. Dinner by candle light with the dog was romantic.

New Threads

Top Bottom