• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you cooked?

Made some scrambled eggs and fried a couple slices of Spam for my breakfast this morning.

Yum.

(There was also a doughnut but I didn't cook that, of course).

Braised cabbage with diced bacon. I'm cooking it slowly right now. I used 1 tablespoon of bacon grease for the skillet the cabbage is cooking in.

cubed up a small portion of chuck roast. sauteed it in olive oil, 3 minutes on each side. Meanwhile fried 2 eggs over easy. It was a yummy, easy meal.

A pitcher of a tea/juice blend. Homemade cranberry juice (from actual cranberries) half and half with hibiscus tea.

I’m still deciding what to make for breakfast, so here’s my new fridge.

(The reason there’s so much alcohol is that it’s left over from a party and I don’t want to dump it down the sink. I rarely, if ever, drink alcohol.)
The drink mixes on the door next to the coffee creamer are virgin. I actually do use those.

F54486AD-9754-42E4-A06D-54E7634A07CF.jpeg

Last night, I pulled two small steaks out of the freezer. I put them in the fridge to thaw.

This evening, I looked at them and was kind of dreading such skinny steaks- thinking that it would be tricky to get them tender, the way I like them.

I opened up one of the packages and thought it looked funny, I read the label and realized it said ribs!!

Oh you know it was on.

I made some pork stew in the Instant Pot last night. Grass-fed organic locally raised pork loin, broth, celery, carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, peas, tomato paste, bay leaf. The recipe called for thickening the stew with a corn starch slurry so that's what I did. It was sublime and silky last night for supper. I reheated some for lunch today and due to the cornstarch, it's gelatinous and a bit clumpy after being reheated. Disappointing texture that I don't like. Bummer. I'll still eat the leftovers because I don't like throwing away food unless I compost it for the garden.

I’m still deciding what to make for breakfast, so here’s my new fridge.

(The reason there’s so much alcohol is that it’s left over from a party and I don’t want to dump it down the sink. I rarely, if ever, drink alcohol.)
The drink mixes on the door next to the coffee creamer are virgin. I actually do use those.

View attachment 97564
Fine, I want a virgin screwdriver out of the ingredients you have in there. :)

I sense a chili dog is in the making in the next few hours.

Good excuse to get rid of half a can of chili in the fridge. And eat a tasty Hebrew National Hot Dog. :)

4 jars of canned apple-pear sauce.

Bone broth, soon to be canned, with a lovely later of snow white tallow on top.

I cooked corned beef in with the bone broth. So it's very rich and nice.

For brunch today, I had corned beef, sliced thin, and dipped in spicy brown mustard. Twas delish!

Easter Enchiladas for my daughter and mother. I wish the rest of my family could have been there.

I made them sort of like lasagna, rather than rolling them.

First of all, I baked 2.5 pounds of chicken thighs. Then I sliced them thin.

Then I foil lined a cake pan. I poured 1/4 of the enchilada sauce on the bottom. I laid out six corn tortillas.

I scattered half of the sliced chicken on top of the tortillas.

I sprinkled about a cup of mexican style shredded cheese on top.

Next I poured 1/4 of the enchilada sauce on top.

six corn tortillas on top of that.

The other half of the chicken.

Another cup of cheese.

Another 1/4 of sauce.

Corn tortillas on top of that.

I chopped up and then sauteed one whole red onion and a whole orange bell pepper in butter. I scattered the pepper and onion on top of the tortillas.

Next I added 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.

Finally I poured out the rest of the enchilada sauce on top of the casserole.

I baked it on 425 for 20 minutes. Then I broiled it for five minutes.

I diced up an avocado and garnished the top of the enchiladas with it.

On the side there was Tapatio and plain yogurt for toppings.

It was pretty darn good, and popular.

I now made deviled eggs with mayo, hamburger pickles, and a smattering of mashed avacado. It's a delicate taste, and my tastebuds can taste both flavors which don't fight each other. Weird l know. Then l layer on a Swiss type crunchy cracker, something l learned to eat in place of bread in Finland.

I now made deviled eggs with mayo, hamburger pickles, and a smattering of mashed avacado. It's a delicate taste, and my tastebuds can taste both flavors which don't fight each other. Weird l know. Then l layer on a Swiss type crunchy cracker, something l learned to eat in place of bread in Finland.
Wish my mother was here to read this. I think she'd be excited by the addition of avocado. As am I.

Mom used to make the best deviled eggs!

New Threads

Top Bottom