• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you cooked?

I want to say something funny about jazz, but I just can't. No, wait, er, hmm. I got nuthin. Maybe that's why they call it the blues?

What does that mean...?
full
Ooh, they are small potatoes with a waxy texture, like Yukon Gold. I like potatoes with texture, either boiled and then with Italian Parsely and butter, or roasted with rosemary and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a little salt and pepper. A simple dinner of those with grilled Portabellos and Chicken thighs using a BBQ rub that I make is satisfying, ending with a Michigan tart cherry pie with so many cherries that there is no room for the horrible gelatinous glop mass manufacturers use.
59d9c4c44b5225cd6822ddcd6ed571f2--michigan-usa-the-cherries.jpg

@Metalhead I always like your posts.
Right now I am making garlic-chicken tortellini (store bought) con aglio (with garlic fried in olive oil) and fried salmon with rosemary.

Two bean and cheese, whole wheat burritos flooded with red enchilada sauce.
Five minutes to make.

I make most everything homemade from scratch, with very simple ingredients. I try to make light, delicious meals that are also very rustic and down home.

Here are a few over the past couple days:

A phenomenal sandwich. Goat chevrie and rhubarb jam on sourdough bread. And a cup of cocoa.

Oh yeah, I later made lemonaide.

And then there was the homemade hummus. That was yummers too.

Oh, and the mostly-vegan french toast was a tummy yummy as well.

Last edited:
I heated up some tomato soup for dinner, the pre made stuff from the deli section of the grocery store.

I REALY DONT REMBER THE LAST THING I COOKED I LIVE WITH THE BEST BEST MON EVER SO SHE DO THE COOKING SHE IS THE BEST COOK EVER

I'm trying to get all my chores done early, before it gets hot out. And my daughter goes to work super early in the morning. Usually she doesn't have time for breakfast.

I decided to make her a tofu scramble burrito. Tofu is a great substitute for scrambled eggs. The burritos turned out great.

In the mix there was extra firm tofu, onion, corn, home-canned pinto beans, and kale. It was wrapped in a flour tortilla.

It was sauteed in olive oil and seasoned with Himalayan pink salt, fish sauce, coconut aminos, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder.

They were topped with plain yogurt, Tapatio, and home-canned spicy pickled Mexican carrots.

We drank hot cocoa on the side.

It was really delicious.

Edit: And then, alas, we remembered that we are both sensitive to soy, and that tofu is a big block of soy protein. It tasted great, but afterward, our tummies were mad.

Last edited:
Tonight it is my time to cook, so, I will be making a smoked meatloaf with venison and sweet Italian sausage. We will have that with Elote (Mexican street corn) and a green tomato gazpacho.

Burgers, sausages and hot dogs on my grill for my staff BBQ.

Too many leftovers currently. If anyone here wants to help me with them, feel free to come over.

Too many leftovers currently. If anyone here wants to help me with them, feel free to come over.
I would if I could. if I could, then I would fly with a jet to your house and would jump out and land with a parachute there lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom