• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

I watched Critters last night on Tubi. I had seen it when I was a child, but barely remembered anything about it. Apparently there are 5 movies in this series but after revisiting the first one I didn't like it enough to want to watch any of the others.

Just rewatched Spiderman: Far from Home so my wife could see it for the first time. Looking forward to the third one, which I haven't seen yet.

I watched "Aguirre, The Wrath of God" (1972).

The movie is about XVI-century Spanish explorers travelling South America, down the Amazon river, looking for the mythical land of El Dorado. The characters are based on real people, and it takes a lot from Gaspar de Carvajal (c. 1500–1584) chronicles, a Spanish misionary who lived a long time in South America and wrote of their explorations and travels.

It's also worth watching because it features Klaus Kinski in the main character of Lope de Aguirre, an outstanding actor possesed by a higher number of mental illnesses than all of us combined. The director cast Kinski because he wanted to have a crazy person to portray a crazy character.

dazed-and-confused-1537553282.jpg

Dazed and Confused (1993)

I rarely step outside my favorite genres in films (Sci-fi, monsters, historical) but recently read the film portrays the last day of school for high school 1976. That made me curious about how accurate they got the time-vibe since that was my graduating year so I finally watched it 30 years after release.

I have to say they did pretty well. Not that it is very exciting. But things weren't that exciting and mainly a lot of hanging out and partying. It seems suburban Austin Texas was not that different from suburbs outside New York City. The soundtrack was very nostalgic and I knew most of the songs well from the radio play of the time. It was somewhat heavy on songs that were older at the time - at least how we viewed time - at that time. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom