• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

1658026918742.png

They Live - Wikipedia

The fight scene was sort of corny, because afterward the two
guys didn't really look beat up.

I liked the way they showed the subliminal messages controlling the humans.
The social criticism was interesting, the aliens taking over the earth by
manipulating human greed.

The Internship and Envy. Probably the worst movies I've ever seen in my entire life, but I love trainwreck cinema

"The Death of Stalin" (streaming on Tubi)

An intensely irreverent satire of the days before and after the death of the absolute leader of the Soviet Union. Left me intermittently smirking and cringing.

Casting pretty much allows you to understand that this is going to be something a bit different than a historical drama:

Steve Buscemi as Nikita Khurshchev
Jeffrey Tambor as Georgy Malenkov
Michael Palin as Vyacheslav Molotov
Jeremy Issac as Marshal Zhukov

View attachment 81901
They Live - Wikipedia

The fight scene was sort of corny, because afterward the two
guys didn't really look beat up.

I liked the way they showed the subliminal messages controlling the humans.
The social criticism was interesting, the aliens taking over the earth by
manipulating human greed.
Yeah agreed, the fight scene was kinda hokey, sort of like one of those old Western Fights starring John Wayne. But I think in the 80s John Carpenter could do no wrong, I mean track record wise Escape From New York, Big Trouble In Little China. he was on a roll. Obey, conform. Yeah it's a scary thought based on the idea that subliminal messaging actually works which of course (Buy Coca Cola now) it does not. Any more than liminal messaging does. Of course, it does have the best one-liner in movie history "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I am all out of gum".

"Cast A Giant Shadow" (1966)

Fictional account of American Col. Mickey Marcus (Kirk Douglas) who went to a fledgling Israel in 1947 as a private military advisor only to become their senior tactical military commander.

Last edited:
Currently watching Con Air on ITV4 - it's just started.
(Always love the music from that film - especially the guitar sting when Cameron Poe tells Mike 'Baby-O' O'Dell "I'm gonna show you God does exist").

That does not sound like the Con Air that I know about (with Nicholas Cage)... :confused:

It's the same film, but I can't show you the clip as it has one of the people swearing - which the mods here won't allow at all.
I recommend you look for the clip on YouTube since I can't link it here.

EDIT: Found one without the swearing:

I recently watched Alien 3 and Alien Vs Predator. I liked them both, though sometimes these movies have me wishing there was more action and less talking.

Haven't yet decided what to watch next, but maybe Insidious.

Paul is15 in the books, the David Lynch version is not only utterly inaccurate in every way, it has Dune experiencing rain at the end, it strays from the book at every opportunity like the book is not important to the Directors plot, whilst I respect the opinion that it is a better film it is simply, unfortunately, nothing at all like Frank Herberts Dune. It's a good film don't get me wrong but it could never have a sequel.

Went to an old movie theater with a friend, watched the movie "Nope!"
Quite good! The plot design kept me hooked.

"Mussolini: The Untold Story"

TV movie starring George C. Scott as Italian dictator Benito Mussolini. As with so many Hollywood films, this one was no better in making errors regarding historical facts. The sort of errors that didn't need to be made, and would not have made the picture any better or worse than it actually was.

New Threads

Top Bottom