• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

SWATH was really genre confused. I'll never know why some people consider Kristen Stewart to be a good actress.

Anyway, Quantum of Solace. It's probably the worst Bond movie out there (not that I have watched them all; but at least the worst among those I have watched), but it was easier to follow on the second watching. This is to be expected, of course, but that actually made it better.

I just watched Argo. I am a real curmudgeon when it comes to film, so when I say it was excellent, and that I was on the edge of my seat the whole two hours, you know that must mean something.

Sleepy Hollow. I really enjoyed the film, and I am a fan of the surreal, gothic style often found in Tim Burton's movies.

NICE!!!!! Never seen that film, but I do also appreciate Tim Burton's artistry - frankly, I think he doesn't get enough recognition for his work. From what I've heard, one of his best was Big Fish. I've seen both Beetlejuice and Nightmare Before Christmas - both excellent films that I enjoy even more now than I did when I was young.

i just saw "Holy Motors" (2012 - I think).

Whooooa. Crazy film - but I LOVED IT. It's basically a series of short sequences in the work day of the main character. It's best to just see it. I'd recommend it.

Gangster Squad - Not as good as I thought it would be but better than what reviews I'd read made it out to be.

Shaun of the Dead - Just terrible. I didn't find a single moment even slightly funny.

Watched Iron Man 3, wasn't a fan. Some of the plots and humour seemed very forced, the anxiety sub-plot wasn't really developed and had no real purpose other than the quick excuse of building the Iron Legion seen in the trailers. The twist wasn't needed and really hurt the film for me. It seemed more like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 2 with iron man put in the script. I also did rewatch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, enjoyed it even more than the first two times I saw it.

My husband loves Nicolas Cage, so we watched one of his movies... what was it?
here it is :)
well, you can't have Nicolas Cage movie without cheese, fake fire and naked lady :) But you know what... I kinda liked it :)

you know what movie I liked? this one: :)

I actually liked the idea of a burning skull :D

Last edited by a moderator:
(500) Days of Summer - it was nice and whimsical until the climax, which made me hate hate hate hate hate one of the main characters and thus left me with an awful taste in my brain. To say nothing of the horrible and predictable pun at the very end of the movie.

Chocolat - this was kind of the opposite. The movie took 90 minutes to get anywhere...but the last 30 are some of the best in the history of film. :)

Saw "Olympus Has Fallen" last Saturday with my NT Grandson. We both found it to be a gripping story that kept me at least on the figurative edge of my seat. Did not like the beginning event. That was unnecessary and undesirable; probably included because it was a significant element in the book. Then the movie got real ho-hum: all dialogue. Boring. But not for long. Then the story line takes off like a missile and never lets up. All blood and guts, of course. Grandson said he considers that "Olympus . . ." is quite underrated. A lot better story/entertainment event than the box-office numbers would indicate.

John Dies at the End. Has some individual bits I like, and I liked the humor and the weird Lovecraftian vibe, but as a whole, it seemed a bit incoherent. Didn't like it as much as Don Coscarelli's previous film Bubba Ho-Tep, but probably still worth seeing if you enjoy movies like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its Saturday again. Went to see "Oblivion." Tom Cruise was very believable all the way through. "Top Gun" revisited, maybe, but his acting was excellent. Liked the performance of his work partner also. Everything she did was totally believeable. Seemed to be a movie/screenplay for the three people, Tom and the two primary actresses. Worked well as a story. Morgan Freeman and the others popped up a few times to provide support to the story line, but generally it was a one-man show with Tom Cruise carrying the whole thing. The love scenes worked well too: not excessively overdone.

Overall: Excellent.

Got up early, took my Grandson. First show is always easier. Nobody gets up early. Easy parking, light attendance in the movie theater allows choice of seating and easy access to the seats. Grandson bought the tickets (with my credit card) while I was still walking to the door. Went to the designated theater (of 18). Movie started: "Olympus Has Fallen" which we saw last week. I was being quietly furious that my Grandson had wasted our time and money to see "Olympus. . ." a second time. Then in about 5 minutes the screen went blank. A theater employee came in and apologized about some scheduling and electronic switching glitch. The audience was invited to relocate to another theater and "Oblivion" was started from its beginning completely out of its regular schedule for us. After the movie on the way home I explained to Grandson what I had thought and apologized. Anyone else ever had this kind of scheduling/showing mix-up happen to them?

Last edited:
I currently watching "Hello Dolly" on TCM starring Barbara Sreisand, Walter Matthau, Tommy Tune, and Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong.

I watched Blame It on Fidel, more to see how much French I remembered than anything else. It is amazing how quickly a language can come back to you after years of disuse. The film itself was so-so. The portrayal of the children was very convincing, at least.

New Threads

Top Bottom