• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Supplements Do You Take?

Morning: An espresso shot sized glass of goat’s milk kefir, a small amount of D3, and C, (because humans don’t make C).

Nitgt tine: Magnesium.

d3, methyl-B12, lions mane extract, milk thistle, vitamin C (work may up to 500 mg, going for a gram eventually). Used to use elderberry extract but not anymore.

d3, methyl-B12, lions mane extract, milk thistle, vitamin C (work may up to 500 mg, going for a gram eventually). Used to use elderberry extract but not anymore.
Recommend in the UK for vit c 2000 mg for two weeks go down to 1500 mg for 3 weeks then back up to 2000mg after (2000mg)that you might as well throw it down the toilet before taking it!

Recommend in the UK for vit c 2000 mg for two weeks go down to 1500 mg for 3 weeks then back up to 2000mg after (2000mg)that you might as well throw it down the toilet before taking it!

Interesting, why is that? I have reached that higher baseline I want now without any side effects. Don't think I need to go higher. Only other things I'm liacking my daily value of every day are magnesium, zinc, and vitamin A.

Interesting, why is that? I have reached that higher baseline I want now without any side effects. Don't think I need to go higher. Only other things I'm liacking my daily value of every day are magnesium, zinc, and vitamin A.
2000mg is recommended for the immune compromised only so if you aren't you should go below that ,your intake through a healthy diet is supposed to give you adequate vit c,if you have a very processed diet then you will suffer.

I have different combinations of herbs and supplements I take. I take megadoses of some of them. I learned how from a Naturopath. Don't megadose unless you are properly trained.

Currently (until prob the end of the month) I'm taking:

bromelain (pineapple enzyme) for allergies
berberine (from oregon grape) for hypoglycemia
betaine hcl for digestive and liver health
progesterone cream (from wild yam) for women's health
parsley for women's health
black cohosh for women's health
fish oil for mental health and heart health
probiotics for digestive health
colloidal silver for immunity
essiac tea for immunity

I wanna get my hands on a bottle of biotin. My nails have been a little weak lately, and that always strengthens them.

I'm on a supplement diet - I take no supplements.

Used to have one as a kid, some tiny, sweet blackcurrant number. I miss those.

Ed

I take 5k vitamin d, magnesium, probiotics, resveratrol, neuro peak, vitamin b, and xct oil. And every morning I have a 40g collagen shake with maca and ashwagandha.

Maca is aphrodisiac. Both maca and ashwagandha are supposed to elevate testosterone levels.

I take Vitamin D, occasionally, Cod Liver oil, occasionally. I have bunch of vitamins, minerals, and even some nootropics. I rarely touch them.

Multivitamins for us old folks. With no clue whether or not they are truly effective. But it does seem to my detriment if or when I cease taking them. And I began taking Melatonin a few years ago to enhance my sleeping. Which IMO has made a difference. Not really a supplement per se, but I routinely take Cetrizine for my unending allergies particularly living in a dusty and occasionally windy desert environment.

One other thing that seem to make a difference is to be far more aware of how my stress levels can leave me more vulnerable, and what I can do to relieve them in real-time. That getting upset in itself can be quite literally toxic to our bodies.

Last edited:
I have really bad migraines and terrible memory so testing out some random supplements.

Currently I'm taking Lions Mane as it's meant to be good for the brain, and also taking cod liver oil with it.

For overall health I had been taking trans-resveratrol and NMN but they're not the cheapest so letting the bank recover lol. I've started getting tired again so think I might start investing in them again soon.

Whilst working out, my joints where getting a bit sore so would also take marine collagen with my protein shake. I also add electrolytes to my water on days I work out.

I take oxbile and pancreatin to cut down on IBS pain. The best way to cripple me is to hide my supplements, because apparently I can't digest even healthy food properly without them. It's not really a supplement, but I 'take' kombucha quite a bit lately to help with the same issues. It takes it from being excruciating down to a minor nuisance.

Also, any generic vitamin. Emergen-C seems to be my go-to lately, but they all help me to sleep like a normal human being for reasons I still don't understand.

I cycle supplements.
I take currently 5-htp for sleep and depression, l-tyrosine for depression, both need to be taken together as they deplete dopamine and serotonin.
I take magnesium every day.
I just came off ashwagandha and am now taking rhodiola.
I take kratom daily, and am weaning off, this lifts my mood, but is unpredictable, unless it's my circumstances that are stressing me.
I take turmeric, black pepper and ginger.
I take B12 as I am vegan.
D3 and K2.
I take valerian.
Frustratingly, I am still awake, no point in laying in bed wide awake. I want to be up at a decent time tomorrow though.
There's loads of others I am not on at the moment and am too lazy to type them.

I take a multivitamin, flaxseed oil, and a non-drowsy antihistamine daily.

I don't know that I really believe the pills do anything... but the ritual is comforting. It makes me feel like I'm doing something positive for my body and my overall health, at least. In that way, I guess it does have some positive benefit in a holistic way. I haven't observed anything that would give me reason to believe it actually has any positive effect on the body.

I really understand you. No meal is complete without enzymes with probiotics—digestive enzymes (lambertsdigestizyme) before every meal and slippery elm before bed. I wouldn't say what helped my constipation, but now my stomach is deflated, and I can eat, but still eat with low fat. I was recommended to try Lectin to help with eating more fatty foods to reduce fat, so if anyone can advise, please, if anyone has any advice, I would be very grateful!

I really understand you. No meal is complete without enzymes with probiotics—digestive enzymes (lambertsdigestizyme) before every meal and slippery elm before bed. I wouldn't say what helped my constipation, but now my stomach is deflated, and I can eat, but still eat with low fat. I was recommended to try Lectin to help with eating more fatty foods to reduce fat, so if anyone can advise, please, if anyone has any advice, I would be very grateful!

I'm led to believe pineapple or grapefruit contain enzymes to break down fats in the body.

Oranges, satsumas and tangerines assist digestive transit :)

New Threads

Top Bottom