• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What sounds fascinate you?

Running water.
Softly tinkling or coarsing rivers - and everything in between.

Rain landing on various surfaces.

Breeze through long grasses or bamboo.

The Cello, violin and acoustic guitar.

The moment after the lightning and just before the thunder...
unfortunately I don't have a description or name for that sound.

The dog "ArrooOOooing" to call the rest of the pack (family) in for meal time.

The pure, breathy, continuous giggle of a laughing baby.

Growling Mustang and 'Harley' engines under strain (1st/2nd gear ?)

... My list is infinite.
I could be here 'listing' all night :)

I love the sound of a good manual typewriter. Some models are too jarring for me, but certain types have a smoother sound quality to them.

I also like the sound of wind against the house. I can feel it blowing against the walls, and it sounds very powerful. To me it's strangely fascinating.

I like when rain is hitting the top of an umbrella with delicate little taps, not heavy downpour. But if I'm inside then I love heavy rain with a little thunder. I like distant train sounds, too. I also like the sound of dishes being placed on a cloth covered table; those soft thumps sound very cozy. The sound that a fax machine makes just before the transmission begins; it sounds like a purring mechanical cat. I don't have any sound ear worms, but in the past, it was a sound that my cat made that I loved, and it kept repeating in my mind. I also like the sound of an old fashioned land line telephone receiver being lifted.

Bubbling bass sounds in electronic music. I can’t get enough of it. I will restart a track three or four times just to hear it.

Skyrim themed phrases
Guard: what is wrong someone still your sweetroll
Ladies all over Skyrim: it is always a fine day with you around ( I will turn on Skyrim on a bad day and go into an in-game tavern and listen to this repeatedly)

Skyrim weapons sounds

Sounds of a line flying through the air from my slingshot

The Common Loon wail reverberating across a lake at dusk. It's transcendent and mesmerizing.

I'm very prone to having sounds, songs and parts of songs loop in my head until, like you Ed, they finally run their course. Like having tinnitus, I've thankfully learned to accept the looping for the most part rather than have it drive me insane. The more I fight those things, the greater hold they have on me.

Sounds captivate my attention more than the other senses. This can be good in relation to enjoying music, but can be bad in fixating on them. Repetitive sounds for example: If one of my family members is tapping their fingers, a pencil, their foot, picking their fingernails, etc I have to shut it down and insist they stop. Otherwise my brain focuses completely on the sound and tries to over-analyze it.

I've had an ear worm for over two years. Just a loop of a song, over and over. It stops sometimes, but then it comes back. :eek:

I'm aviation nut so the interior sound of a jt8d engine spooling up on the MD's 80,81,90 (ones I've been on) planes older workhorses

I really love the sound when you quickly cup and uncup your ears repeatedly, especially when I’m stressed. The sound of rain and thunder is so beautiful and relaxing to me.

New Threads

Top Bottom