• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What sounds fascinate you?

Raggamuffin

V.I.P Member
I for one find certain sounds to be endearing or inspiring. Either way, they get stuck in my head for ages and I repeatedly have to make said sound or listen to it over and over again. The same goes for certain moments in songs or scenes in a movie or TV show. Once I find something appealing it's very hard to let it go until I burn out and drop it.

So, what sound is repeating on you right now?

For me it's a rather distinctive one from a highly destructive weapon. Check YouTube for A10 close call.

Up to 3900 of these per minute at supersonic speeds. BRRRRRT.

main-qimg-08427da2c5fd4868c615eb35196fbd87.jpg

It's awe inspiring and terrifying what man can create.

GAU-8_meets_VW_Type_1.jpg

Ed

Last edited:
I worked on live Air Force ranges much of my career, and so know that sound well. At one place the firing point was right overhead. :D

I like several sounds. A few that come to mind are the ringing sound of a tuning fork, the wobbly tinney sound of shaking flexible metal, the soft thumping of something like an old fashioned air pump.

Good analogue synths.

Jackdaws chatting on my roof, as they come back towards evening & land on my roof before flying off to roost. Honestly the range of noises they make it's obvious they're having a good chat about things.

Raggamuffin yeah that is a sound & how many a sec bejuzus. The sound of the A-10's engines are very unique as well, heard one a few years back circling over my town. Just reminded myself of the Vulcan bomber at Duxford airshow, now that was a very, very loud noise, but it is awesome. The only thing I've heard that's close has been loud rolling thunder :cool:

A train horn off in the distance late at night.
The courthouse clock tower chiming.

Trains - maybe the older ones. David Bowie song that makes me think of a train (TVC15 is song title).
Chanting, bass, and strange musical instruments like loop guru in their Duniya album. The Art of Noise (song is called *close*) used great sounds juxtaposed with others and l still love one of those songs where they chainsaw the grand piano in their video but you hear it in their music. When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeplin has beautiful harmonica and also sounds train like, l just listened to it 3 times. Maybe it reminds me of a train chugging away on a track, others may not see it that way at all.

Last edited:
I also have several. I like listening to certain chimes as the wind blows. I love the sound of thunder, always have. Relaxing to listen to semi trucks whooshing by.
Music - I've always preferred listening to the caseates/cd's I make because I will have a certain song play several times throughout.
I don't know why but I really enjoy listening and watching the scenes in "Twister" when Dusty has music blaring from his speakers as they start to head out. :)

I love the sound of thunders and heavy rains. So don‘t try to interact with me during thunderstorms, I will be sitting next to the window being in my own world;)

The sound that weapon makes is fascinating, I like it.

My favorite sound at the moment is that of the electricity in my charger after I unplug it when the device is fully charged; the last part is a must - if the battery is not full, it won't make the sound. Different chargers make different sounds as well but it's impossible to explain them without sounding ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as I look when I hold my charger to my ears.

I'm too much of a scaredy cat towards any kind of sudden loud noises, including gunshots, explosions, thunders, fireworks (doesn't stop me from setting them off though, they're too pretty) and motorcycle or jet engines starting (as a kid I was afraid someone would drop a bomb at us lol - I blame our history lessons about WWII and the old war series). I also can't seem to stand the sound of buzzing electricity, it's annoying. My friends used to laugh at me since I would tell them to turn off the buzzing screen please for instance :rolleyes:.

I'm fond of calmer sounds, like fire crackling, the little 'wavy' sound a candle makes, rain, serene river, distant waterfall, forest, trains etc.

I had different sized halves of empty capsules and I discovered that when I drop it- well I repeatedly did it with a smirk on my face... I think I even said "hoo" "yesss" "oh yeah" proceeded by me saying something like yeah I'm not normal

I have a changing playlist of songs in my head that I can "Hear" word of word and note for note. This is the one that happens to be playing at this moment.

Okay, I've got a weird one for you:

Skip to right about 4:00.

It's the moment when the monster suddenly lunges forward.

I cant even DESCRIBE that sound. But it stuck with me. It's part of the reason why that video is on my favorites list. And yes, I've seen it about 5 billion times.

There's a second moment as well, right around... 2:20, I think? When it reaches towards the viewer, that bizarre groaning sort of sound.

Any particular sound I end up taking a specific liking to always ends up being something weird.

Okay, I've got a weird one for you:

Skip to right about 4:00.

It's the moment when the monster suddenly lunges forward.

I cant even DESCRIBE that sound. But it stuck with me. It's part of the reason why that video is on my favorites list. And yes, I've seen it about 5 billion times.

There's a second moment as well, right around... 2:20, I think? When it reaches towards the viewer, that bizarre groaning sort of sound.

Any particular sound I end up taking a specific liking to always ends up being something weird.

Not weird at all; there are a lot of interested mg sounds in this video.

The sounds that came to mind for me are heavy rainfall, thunder, and surf beating against a shoreline and rocks.

New Threads

Top Bottom