• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What song are you listening to right now?

@Slim Jim Feels good to listen to that.
Cry of love /First rays of the New Rising Sun. The Songs he created in 1970 are his finest work IMO.

My favourites; Straight Ahead, Ezy Ryder, Freedom, Night Bird Flying, Room Full Of Mirrors, Pali Gap, Hey Baby (New Rising Sun), In From The Storm, Izabella.

Last edited:
One of my favorites AC tracks/albums. Since I first heard it, which would have been....2006(?) *

Thought I was livin' but you can't never tell
What I thought was heaven turned out to be hell
When you see me with a smile on my face
Then you'll know I'm a mental case
I'm caught in a dream, so what! ya don't know what I'm going through
I'm right in between, so I'll I'll just play along with you

Caught In a Dream - Alice Cooper - 1971

* I was exactly eighteen, when I first heard 'eighteen'....Mind blown. So I forever remember that.

Last edited:
Talking of early 2000's....one song I forever cannot get out my head, from my impressionable adolescence...even though it's completely 'naff' really. Catchy tho.

TO give some context though, in my defense, It was # 2 !!on the UK charts!
It was released by XL Recordings on January 6, 2003.
It peaked at number two on the UK Singles Chart.
It received positive reviews from critics and was named Single of the Week by the NME

Cry of love /First rays of the New Rising Sun. The Songs he created in 1970 are his finest work IMO.

My favourites; Straight Ahead, Ezy Ryder, Freedom, Night Bird Flying, Room Full Of Mirrors, Pali Gap, Hey Baby (New Rising Sun), In From The Storm, Izabella.
Interesting that you mentioned that. I have always liked Cry of Love a lot, but I rarely hear these tunes on the radio. Are You Experienced seems to get the most attention, Purple Haze, Hey Joe, Foxy Lady, etc. But I agree with you. By the time 1970 rolled around, he was already 4 years into his music and had entered his prime. It is tragic that his career ended the way it did. I can’t imagine what he would have continued to create going into the 70’s.

It’s also interesting to note that Hendrix switched his band members during this time - Band of Gypsies. I am not sure why he did that - especially since Mitch Mitchell was such a fantastic drummer. It’s difficult to imagine how Ezy Ryder would have sounded like with Mitchell on the drums.

One of my favorites by David Bowie that I listened to all my life and did not realize until recently that this song was written by John Lennon as well. Eerie sounding guitar tracks:

Meat Puppets are extremely underrated, especially if you don't past the song "Backwater" or their appearance with Nirvana on their Unplugged concert in the 90s. This song, a mixture of psychedelic music and country, is one of my favorites.

It’s also interesting to note that Hendrix switched his band members during this time - Band of Gypsies. I am not sure why he did that - especially since Mitch Mitchell was such a fantastic drummer. It’s difficult to imagine how Ezy Ryder would have sounded like with Mitchell on the drums.
Pressure to be an all black band. He wanted to be played on Black radio stations, have a wider black audience. Play in Harlem, and not get laughed at, for his funny clothes, (hippy) and white drummer, and bassist. It was a political move, a musical career direction choice.

Interesting that you mentioned that. I have always liked Cry of Love a lot, but I rarely hear these tunes on the radio. Are You Experienced seems to get the most attention, Purple Haze, Hey Joe, Foxy Lady, etc. But I agree with you. By the time 1970 rolled around, he was already 4 years into his music and had entered his prime. It is tragic that his career ended the way it did. I can’t imagine what he would have continued to create going into the 70’s.

His first album is brilliant. And the second one, Very good. Third one Electric Ladyland was a double LP, If I remember correctly,most famous for 'voodoo chile.' It was kinda more indulgent, less mainstream. Ya know 5 & 7 min tracks as opposed to 2 & 3 min tracks. That;s my recollection, It was more bluesey and less poppy. Experimental and spacey lyrics. Eg. "1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)" lol wat? merman, 1983...That's Jimi....that's what I mean by spacey; Talk of "Jupiter suns," and interstellar cosmic musings. LSD effect was still strong on the culture.

1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)....[What seems to be the home demo]

"Well its too bad
That our friends
Cant be with us today
Well thats too bad
'The machine
That we built
Would never save us'
That's what they say"

The song is actually...ahead of it;s time. Future underwater cities, might be possible,achievable, and the direction of civilization, if natural disasters, overpopulation and technology advancements, necessitate it. I'm sure Elon Musk types would push for stuff like that. It as been hypothesized. It's somewhat of a testing ground for outerspace colonization and terraforming procedures, as it's poses the same problems. Biodomes, that are selfsustainable in a hostile environment.

EDIT: Okay, I'm rambling...on a tangent. Back to1970...yeah that was his prime. His abilities were refining, he had his custom built studio and was multi tracking on 16(?) tracks. Which was a improvement from 8 tracks, of 1966. Beatles in early 60's started off with 4 tracks I think, moved to 8 tracks, had to keep bumping down tracks, and keep layering the sound, during most of their albums. Only until about 1969/1970 did higher fidelity, dolby noise reduction, 16 tracks, and later 24 tracks start to be more common.
But why are the last year of songs not as widely recognized, or played? I don't know...I guess because he died, before he could popularize them, in the culture. They were all posthumous, the 4th album he never got to release. I don't count band of gypsies...that was just a brief experiment. Mitch Mitchell the drummer actually got back with them in 1970, but he kept the black bassist, Billy something....He did not like Noel redding.

Last edited:
^ that sounds very weird, because I'm playing Jewel By T.rex ...when I clicked it...It kinda goes together. In a weird dissonant way...

I hav a VST meloydyne , I could pitch shift the tracks together... I have a Lot of audio software at my disposable. "I am the audio king, I can do anything." to paraphrase Jim Morrison...

( I also have Cubase, A german software...my favourite DAW. Yes, It's called Cubase, and it's german. And I know how to use it well.)

My favourite software though is this new one, RIPX . I heard about it earlier this year. It's about the most impressive audio manipulation software out there. It's AI. So it can strip stuff out and separate things, to an incredible degree. It's like Magic. Dont ya just love technology?

DeepAudioScreenShot_5_2-1536x1029.png

One of my favorites by David Bowie that I listened to all my life and did not realize until recently that this song was written by John Lennon as well. Eerie sounding guitar tracks:

Lennon wrote that? never knew that. It's a good song. I've always like it. Very 70's. It reminds me of.....O'jays. The guitars. And also Ohio Players.

Fame. Written by Bowie, Carlos Alomar and John Lennon, it was recorded at Electric Lady Studios in New York City in January 1975
Uhmm...isn't that...Jimi's studio? well I'll be darned.

Last edited:
So I'm listening to T rex. I always thought their songs were very simplistic. And they are. So that turned me off. Musicaly, it's true to say, I had a low opinion of them in the past. But Now....I'ma give them a chance. Cause their 1970 live beat club performance of Jewel, was incredibly good, and blew away the album version.

"Hey let's do it like we're friends"
T. Rex - Diamond Meadows

New Threads

Top Bottom