• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What song are you listening to right now?

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence

Might be the first song of theirs to capture my attention.
That and Personal Jesus. Two of their biggest hits.

D̤e̤p̤e̤c̤h̤e̤ ̤M̤o̤d̤e̤ ̤M̤ṳs̤i̤c̤ ̤F̤o̤r̤ ̤T̤h̤e̤ ̤m̤a̤s̤s̤e̤s̤

I just read about the country of Turkey wanting to change its spelling to Türkiye.
That reminded me of THIS song about these compulsive name-changers...!
full

Istanbul (Not Constantinople), The Four Lads (1953)

That was mesmerizing to watch! How do they move so perfectly on ice. I don't think it was their first time, I think they have skated before. :) I have won things on skis but wow, skating is more impressive. That thing they do at 1:25 is a little crazy.

Last edited:
Yes, they were Canadian, junior, national champion 'ice dancers', specifically. I, personally, think skiing is just as impressive. You must be an excellent skier if you have won competitions. I love to ski, but, haven't been for quite some time, and just average. :)
edit- by the way, here is a link to the 'On Ice Perspectives' you tube channel, in case you'd enjoy viewing others. The videography, by the owner of the channel, is exceptional, as you will find out.
https://m.youtube.com/c/OnIcePerspectives/videos

If you compare that video to this one, skating looks better. :) More impressive. The camera work on that skating video was great, I don't know how they did it without crashing.

If you compare that video to this one, skating looks better. :) More impressive. The camera work on that skating video was great, I don't know how they did it without crashing.

That is nice! Thanks for sharing it. Also, I love that xx song. With regard to your comment about the skating video; the videographer is, perhaps, an experienced skater, so, that and not having to worry about other skaters getting in the way, it wouldn't, necessarily, be difficult. I've wondered, on occasion, if maybe he uses a small vehicle of some sort, as well. Forgive my lengthy replies.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom