• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What song are you listening to right now?

I usually don't listen to just one song. When I am at my computer at night I usually listen on random to either albums, entire band histories or various styles. Music is a passion of mine and has always been so I have literally many thousands of albums loaded onto my computer. Last night I was listening to Black Sabbath's 1983 album Born Again (Zero the Hero is one of my all-time favorites) and Ozzy Osbourne Diary of a Madman, and today so far has been the entire catalog of the legendary punk band Fear.

I've also recently been working on a project of organizing 60's music files into Billboard chart lists according to Joel Whitburn's book and am constantly listening to those songs as well. There are copies of them all on archive.org, but the quality and varying low bitrates annoyed me, so I have been remaking them all from scratch, using only 45RPM mono versions (which would have been the top 40 radio broadcast, and therefore most popular, versions at the time) transferring the notes (when those are good - that also varies from track to track), and adding scans of the US labels and any picture sleeves. I know, all that just screams that I'm 100% Aspie.

I like behind the scenes stuff. Studio footage is like pr0n to me. I like to see them actually make the tracks.

I know, that just screams 1000% Aspie. :sweatsmile:
All the gear....mixing desk...always love to see studio footage...:openmouth:

Last edited:
Proof That Depech mode weren't always good...

Huh what in the hell is Davey on about....what's going on. I never listened to their early stuff. I know they were british teen idols. Poppy synth boyband music. This is Ringo starr singing "boys" level bad. Yeah I generally skip this era.

Pets Sounds....the wonders of Lsd..creativity, sadly he sacrificed his sanity in the process. Great album though.

The best track on the album. Pauls favourite. Paul McCartney. He said it was his favorite. Inspired him.

Paul McCartney. Rare late 60's appearence on..uh whats his name. That guy who interviewed Nixon in the 70s. David frost. Yeah sirs. Both of em are sirs.

Sadly the beatles were on the verge of disbanding. The previous good feeling rapport and harmony they had, throughout its formation and peak, (56-66) was broken down by this time. They had begun to get on each others nerves. For various reasons. It was the beginning of the end. They drifted apart in acrimony. The post beatles-era would become particularly uncivil. Especially between and Johnny and Pauly. Sadly there would no reconciliation, even though it was teased many times, it never came to fruition, before one member was viciously shot down. Bringing a finality to the prospect.

Ah The Beatles. As you might be able to tell, this subject was a slight obsession of mine, some time back. I could go on for ever about it. I know a lot about it. Probably more than most.

Not that I'm the only one into this. Being as a well known as they are. I'm sure there are people out there who know alot too. (Maybe even somebody reading this right now.) About Pauly, Richie, Johnny, George, the whole gang. The message is timeless. Paul to this day is still going. Still playing his music. Even though I think it's about time he quit. He's a public figure and everything, he's used to his life being on display, but everybody has to retire eventually.

Last edited:
Okay so I never knew about this guy. But today I saw his photo on youtube, and thought.... this guy is.....different.

So I do a little search.
"Michel Petrucciani: French jazz pianist. From birth he had osteogenesis imperfecta, a genetic disease that causes brittle bones and, in his case, short stature.He became one of the most accomplished jazz pianists of his generation despite his health condition "

Remarkable guy. Overcome such terrible cards to become an accomplished musician. Sadly he died young due to his condition.
Yeah, YouTube is full of surprises. As is life.

One of my favourites. Tune popped into my head the other day, just randomly.

New Threads

Top Bottom